Text Size

No Holds Barred

World's Worst Tourists

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:20 am

Pup wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I've never understood the hatred towards the French. They're arrogant and think their country is the best in the world. Hmmmm Sound like anyone you know?


Yeah, but our country is the best in the world. .


do you know how much that pisses me off?

is that kind of talk that makes whole nations hate you

what constitutes being best in the world?? GNP? size? military muscle?


Whatever we say it does.

Don't make us come over there and finish what our forefathers started!

:guns:

:nanner: :dingle:



lol you bastards

I can't win an argument, as you always have that to defeat me with
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:28 am

British_Pharaoh wrote:I prefer to thank the Russians for saving both of us in WW2
because well let's face it, it's historically accurate.


True. But you could thank the U.S. for keeping the Russians from getting all the way to the Rhine. Or the Channel.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:49 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:I prefer to thank the Russians for saving both of us in WW2
because well let's face it, it's historically accurate.


True. But you could thank the U.S. for keeping the Russians from getting all the way to the Rhine. Or the Channel.



much love (h) (inlove)

However we did achieve Air Superiority and completely bossed the Atlantic with what was at the time and had been for centuries, the most powerful navy in the world.
We defeated the Axis forces in North Africa thanks to our Air Force and Navy. We held the Germans on our own for a year when the useless French put their hands up.
We cracked the Nazi decoding machine "Enigma"
We invented radar
all this while trying protecting the remainder of our empire, mainly from Japan in Asia

I can be proud of that
even if without the USSR and America we would have been subjugated
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:56 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:much love (h) (inlove)

However we did achieve Air Superiority and completely bossed the Atlantic with what was at the time and had been for centuries, the most powerful navy in the world.
We defeated the Axis forces in North Africa thanks to our Air Force and Navy. We held the Germans on our own for a year when the useless French put their hands up.
We cracked the Nazi decoding machine "Enigma"
We invented radar
all this while trying protecting the remainder of our empire, mainly from Japan in Asia

I can be proud of that
even if without the USSR and America we would have been subjugated


You definitely held your own, unlike the pussy-ass French. I don't think many Americans would disagree with that. I've always had much respect for you lot. Of course, the funny thing is, without the French, we here in the States might still be British-ruled.
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:35 pm

StewieG wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:much love (h) (inlove)

However we did achieve Air Superiority and completely bossed the Atlantic with what was at the time and had been for centuries, the most powerful navy in the world.
We defeated the Axis forces in North Africa thanks to our Air Force and Navy. We held the Germans on our own for a year when the useless French put their hands up.
We cracked the Nazi decoding machine "Enigma"
We invented radar
all this while trying protecting the remainder of our empire, mainly from Japan in Asia

I can be proud of that
even if without the USSR and America we would have been subjugated


You definitely held your own, unlike the pussy-ass French. I don't think many Americans would disagree with that. I've always had much respect for you lot. Of course, the funny thing is, without the French, we here in the States might still be British-ruled.


Yeah the French always liked to screw us over, inferiority complex and all that

That's why we took so much pleasure if kicking some Napolean arse
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:05 pm

Napolean and Hitler learned a very valuable lesson, don't invade Russia before winter. The German's were rolling till the air got nippy and dropped to -30. Those crazy Ruskies, with their cold air and million man counter attack.

England is a hard place to invade, I believe the last succesful invasion was the Normans in 1066.

The United States is the best country in the world.... For Americans.

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:24 pm

I don't think Hitler really had the heart to fight Britain to the death. He was always bewitched by the idea of an alliance where Germany would get a free hand on the Continent and Britain would keep her colonies and navy. Certainly the Germans wanted no part of a Channel crossing and an invasion of the Isles.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Napolean and Hitler learned a very valuable lesson, don't invade Russia before winter. The German's were rolling till the air got nippy and dropped to -30. Those crazy Ruskies, with their cold air and million man counter attack.

England is a hard place to invade, I believe the last succesful invasion was the Normans in 1066.

The United States is the best country in the world.... For Americans.



thing is it was rebellion in Yugoslavia that delayed the German invasion of Russia. Hitler needed order in the Balkans in order to effectively occupy the USSR.

If they had invaded Russia in April like it was originally planned, Moscow and Stalingrad and the Caucusus would have all fallen into Nazi hands before the winter had fully set in
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:47 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:I don't think Hitler really had the heart to fight Britain to the death. He was always bewitched by the idea of an alliance where Germany would get a free hand on the Continent and Britain would keep her colonies and navy. Certainly the Germans wanted no part of a Channel crossing and an invasion of the Isles.



The Germans didn't have the Navy at the time to execute Operation Sealion that's why the battle of Britain was so critical
if the Germans had won and achieved air superiority a landing on Britain would have been achievable even with the undersized Kriegsmarine.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:39 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:I don't think Hitler really had the heart to fight Britain to the death. He was always bewitched by the idea of an alliance where Germany would get a free hand on the Continent and Britain would keep her colonies and navy. Certainly the Germans wanted no part of a Channel crossing and an invasion of the Isles.



The Germans didn't have the Navy at the time to execute Operation Sealion that's why the battle of Britain was so critical
if the Germans had won and achieved air superiority a landing on Britain would have been achievable even with the undersized Kriegsmarine.



They did have 3 of the baddest warships ever to hit the water. The Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, and Bizmarck. I think the only ones bigger where the Japanese Yamato and her sister ship the Musashi.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:21 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:I don't think Hitler really had the heart to fight Britain to the death. He was always bewitched by the idea of an alliance where Germany would get a free hand on the Continent and Britain would keep her colonies and navy. Certainly the Germans wanted no part of a Channel crossing and an invasion of the Isles.



The Germans didn't have the Navy at the time to execute Operation Sealion that's why the battle of Britain was so critical
if the Germans had won and achieved air superiority a landing on Britain would have been achievable even with the undersized Kriegsmarine.



They did have 3 of the baddest warships ever to hit the water. The Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, and Bizmarck. I think the only ones bigger where the Japanese Yamato and her sister ship the Musashi.


and we sunk the bastards :clap:
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:28 am

You are blaming the upper midwest's issues on the Democratic party? Really? Seriously?


Explain this to me.

We spend billions of our grandchildren's dollars to bail out GM and Chrysler. Fair enough.

In doing so they force the companies to close factories. No specific factories, just close down some factories.

So they close down plants in the U.S. of A. Brilliant freaking move. Let's put thousands more Americans out of work. That should stimulate things.

Guess what. Losing Chrysler Twinsburg and GM Ontario (Mansfield)? That just signed the toe tag for the steel mills. And an untold number of smaller suppliers.

But hey, WE can pay to retrain all of them now. What am I missing?
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:42 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:I don't think Hitler really had the heart to fight Britain to the death. He was always bewitched by the idea of an alliance where Germany would get a free hand on the Continent and Britain would keep her colonies and navy. Certainly the Germans wanted no part of a Channel crossing and an invasion of the Isles.



The Germans didn't have the Navy at the time to execute Operation Sealion that's why the battle of Britain was so critical
if the Germans had won and achieved air superiority a landing on Britain would have been achievable even with the undersized Kriegsmarine.



They did have 3 of the baddest warships ever to hit the water. The Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, and Bizmarck. I think the only ones bigger where the Japanese Yamato and her sister ship the Musashi.


and we sunk the bastards :clap:


You sank the Schanrhorst too, The HMS Duke Of York doing most of the damage.. The Tirpitz was overkill, Lancaster bombers dropped 3 Tallboys on her. Not only did it destroy the ship but the explosion picked up and dropped the nearby subpen into it's own foundation.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby fundamentals » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:37 pm

Anyone been to Niagara Falls (the American side) lately? :hide: The French might be supplanted for the worst tourists by those from India.

The place looks like a foreign country, not that there's anything wrong with that but um, when speaking English puts you in the minority, something is amiss.

I did see a beatdown that I can't believe wasn't on the news anywhere at the customs at Rainbow Bridge. :thud:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:55 am

fundamentals wrote:Anyone been to Niagara Falls (the American side) lately? :hide: The French might be supplanted for the worst tourists by those from India.

The place looks like a foreign country, not that there's anything wrong with that but um, when speaking English puts you in the minority, something is amiss.

I did see a beatdown that I can't believe wasn't on the news anywhere at the customs at Rainbow Bridge. :thud:



Ever been to London??

Even for me it's like being in a different country

you'll be served in shops and restaurants by foreigners people walking past you will be talking in a foreign language.

But I love that level of diversity
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby fundamentals » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:48 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:
Ever been to London??

Even for me it's like being in a different country

you'll be served in shops and restaurants by foreigners people walking past you will be talking in a foreign language.

But I love that level of diversity


No sir.

Diversity is ok, but any more, it seems at least here in the U.S., that is becoming more disconcerting than anything else. JMHO.

Just an example, whether it's Holopaw, Fla. or Montville, Oh., there are Indian folks running the stores and I think it's weird. :pop:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:28 am

fundamentals wrote:
British_Pharaoh wrote:
Ever been to London??

Even for me it's like being in a different country

you'll be served in shops and restaurants by foreigners people walking past you will be talking in a foreign language.

But I love that level of diversity


No sir.

Diversity is ok, but any more, it seems at least here in the U.S., that is becoming more disconcerting than anything else. JMHO.

Just an example, whether it's Holopaw, Fla. or Montville, Oh., there are Indian folks running the stores and I think it's weird. :pop:


Asians run every off license and corner shop in this country and every chip shop

it would be weird if they weren't run by Asians

all ice cream truck drivers have moustaches as well

FACT
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:56 pm

Frankly i'm kind of pissed that Americans weren't voted biggest asshole tourists. I want to be #1 at EVERYTHING.
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
User avatar
jamesownsdet
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:43 am
Location: Richmond Hts
Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:08 pm

jamesownsdet wrote:Frankly i'm kind of pissed that Americans weren't voted biggest asshole tourists. I want to be #1 at EVERYTHING.

if this was just a European poll Brits would win for biggest arseholes


the nation's scumbags infect Greek Islands and party islands like Ibiza every summer, binge drinking and vomiting in the streets and basically being uncouth, boorish lunatics.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:46 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:
jamesownsdet wrote:Frankly i'm kind of pissed that Americans weren't voted biggest asshole tourists. I want to be #1 at EVERYTHING.

if this was just a European poll Brits would win for biggest arseholes


the nation's scumbags infect Greek Islands and party islands like Ibiza every summer, binge drinking and vomiting in the streets and basically being uncouth, boorish lunatics.



meh, the couple of british people i have met were really nice. they even tolerated my attepmts to insult them (i was obviously joking). they took it in stride. i'm pretty easy to get a long with. honestly i feel almost a sense of "i need to be really nice to these people because they aren't from around here" whenever i have met foreigners.
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
User avatar
jamesownsdet
 
Posts: 954
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:43 am
Location: Richmond Hts
Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby tecs » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:27 pm

[quote="Mr. MacPhisto]
How about the fact that we bailed your asses out in the past when Chamberlain was just looking to placate the Nazis? How about the fact that we rebuilt Western Europe and Japan? How about the fact that a staggering amount of innovations have come from here due to a system that rewards (or at least did in the past) creativity, ingenuity, and the ability to convince people to buy your product?

[/quote]

I think you need to double check your history. WWII started in early 1939 and the US didn't enter the war until the end of 1941. Prior to the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Roosevelt was pretty much riding the Woodrow Wilson bus of neutrality.

Plus there were plenty of US businessmen willing to hold their noses and help finance the Nazi's, see Prescott Bush and Joe Kennedy.
tecs
 
Posts: 139
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:26 pm
Favorite Player: Josh Tomlin
Least Favorite Player: Brandon Phillips

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:36 pm

tecs wrote:Plus there were plenty of US businessmen willing to hold their noses and help finance the Nazi's, see Prescott Bush and Joe Kennedy.


What about Lend-Lease? We were supplying the British and the Soviets well before we actually got involved in combat. Much, much more so than the Germans.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:36 pm

Chamberlain's Appeasement policy was understandable given the horrors of WW1
nobody in Europe wanted a repeat and Chamberlain received harsh criticism in the House of Commons, most ferociously from a little known back bencher called Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
User avatar
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!
 
Posts: 9162
Joined: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:31 pm
Location: Pardubice, Czech Republic
Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: World's Worst Tourists

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:38 pm

British_Pharaoh wrote:Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.


Never heard of him.
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Previous

Return to No Holds Barred

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests