Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Heroes

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Unread postby consigliere » Mon May 21, 2007 11:47 pm

The finale was okay....but nice to see that Nathan didn't turn out to be bad like I thought they were going with him. Going to be interesting to see what comes of DL, Nathan, and Parkman.

Still, a great show and first season. The show is on the map now, but where they go from here is key. So many ways they can go with this thing.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby StewieG » Mon May 21, 2007 11:53 pm

You guys didn't like it all that much?

I was once again disappointed in the fight, or lack thereof, with Sylar, but I thought the rest of the show was really good.

I think the reason they didn't shoot Peter was to leave it in the open on whether or not he was still alive.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby consigliere » Tue May 22, 2007 12:03 am

Yeah, hte build up was incredible the part few episodes....but we get THAT for a *final* confrontation with Sylar? I thought it was weak.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 22, 2007 12:28 am

I totally disagree, Tony.

Now THAT was a way to end up a season. Wrap up most of the stuff...let the heroes do their thing. Gotta admit, Nicki finally getting her groove on with the superstrength was great...thumping Sylar with the parking meter.

Nathan's sacrifice was a good touch at the end that I didn't see coming. I wonder if he dropped him off in outer space and then got the fuck out of Dodge to avoid the explosion.

Momma Petrelli still needs an explanation...and to die.

As opposed to EVERY season of Lost...this was quite satisfactory, and sets up next season quite well (including Sylar still being alive).

Unread postby jfiling » Tue May 22, 2007 9:05 pm

Now that I finally just got to watch it (Cavs game, plus need for sleep), I think it was a perfect end to a perfect season. I can't think of a television show of any genre that has done a better job in telling a story like Heroes did in season one. And this is from a guy who is a huge fan of Babylon 5 (season 4 + series finale = gold) and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (season 6 is incredible).

Excellent little tease for season two, aka Heroes: Generations (as opposed to, as I imagine the first season will be named, Genesis).
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture