Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Mitch's new article

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Mitch's new article

Unread postby Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:39 pm

Great work Mitch

Friday Night Light is horrible
The 1st episode was identical to Varsity Blues, knew what was going to happen from seeing that.

Dexter is the shit!

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:40 pm

Yeah, FNL is pretty bad. I caught the first episode and it was a complete ripoff of Varsity Blues minus the dickhead head coach.

I really like The Nine so far. Also, from Kim Raver herself, she is supposed to be back on 24 at some point this season. She won't be a recurring character, but she'll appear in at least a few episodes. She wants to stay a part of the series as she wants to be in the upcoming 24 movie.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:43 pm

I started watching Jericho last night. Well ... I was clicking between that and the baseball game. Liked it enough to keep watching. The premise is cool.

Mitch, I love the columns on the new TV season. I don't watch too many shows, and your columns helped me narrow down which ones I wanted to check out.

Dexter sounds sweet. I gotta order Showtime.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:03 pm

Boxing and Dexter
It's worth it

Unread postby Guest » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:42 pm

Thanks, guys.

I can't believe I actually went ahead and watched that third episode of FNL...but since I was planning to rip it, I figured I needed to do so.

Big mistake.

Shark's already off my list of things to watch now. It's great for James Woods, but it's still too much of a ripoff of House, and I've got too many shows on my calendar now already.

Glad I've got Tivo...especially for Lost, as it seems the damn show is 25 minutes of commercials now.

But no Tivo for Dexter...even when the Sunday night game is so good that I don't want to miss it, I'll catch Dexter the next night as my Tivo isn't connected to my HDTV.

Unread postby Naxos » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:54 am

Nice takes again, Mitch.

FDL is as I mentioned before very hard to watch. I gave it a chance it did not provide.

I miss House.

Shark is still on my watch list. I doubt it will come off since the wife has taken a liking to it. With no House for another week (though get this Hugh Laurie is hosting Saturday Night Live next week) I need to watch someone with some attitde on TV.

Might be time for some new DVDs. Mabey Rome or Deadwood.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Guest » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:03 pm

Swerb...even without Showtime you can download the first two episodes of Dexter for free from their web site if you wanted to check it out prior to getting the service.

But from what I know of your tastes, once you watch them, you'll be ponying up the extra $11 per month (assuming you have your premium channels through directv).

Unread postby swerb » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:35 pm

Swerb...even without Showtime you can download the first two episodes of Dexter for free from their web site if you wanted to check it out prior to getting the service.

But from what I know of your tastes, once you watch them, you'll be ponying up the extra $11 per month (assuming you have your premium channels through directv).

I know ... if I have time this weekend I'm gonna try and do that. I also want to watch the 1st couple episodes of Jericho online as well.

I woulda ordered Showtime already, but we may be close to selling our condo and moving soon. I had Showtime before and it sucked. 1 good fight every six months, no good original programming, and shit for movies.

Based on the people that reccomended it, and your writeup Mitch ... I know I'm gonna like it.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:29 am

Yeah, you can also try Bearshare to watch current episodes of Dexter and future ones shortly after they air. Movies and shows are almost always available on there a day or so after aired/released.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture