Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Flight 93

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Flight 93

Unread postby swerb » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:37 pm

Not to be mistaken with the motion picture "United 93" that was at the theaters and just got released on DVD ... this is a movie done by The History Channel about the fated flight on 9/11 that the passengers took control of before crashing in PA.

Saw it late Sun night, thought it was really well done. Having not yet seen "World Trade Center" or "United 93", it really was gripping. My first real look at some of the events of that day, portrayed on the silver screen.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:14 pm

Just saw United 93 last....downloaded it off the web and check it out. I just finished downloading it at like 11:30 last night and thought I would take a peek and watch the first 5 minutes.....it was so good and so well done, I ended up watching it all the way through and staying up.

Wow, what a great film. Very well done.....the last 15 minutes when they charged the terrorists was about as intense a scene as I have ever seen in a movie. Blows away the Russian Roulette scene from "The Deerhunter" or any other movie if you ask me. Gripping. And, for a cast of no name actors, I thought they did a very good job.

Having seen this, I now look forward to seeing the WTC movie.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:33 am

Finally saw United 93 last night. Agreed, it was very well done. And yes, the last 15 minutes were chaotic and intense. Part of me was just wanting the movie to end ... one, because you knew what was coming, and two ... the intense nature of the final charge to the cockpit.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture