Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Path to 9/11

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Path to 9/11

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:44 pm

Anyone watch part one tonight? For a TV movie, I thought it was extremely well done. A lot if fictionalized, but the facts from the commission are eye popping. Can't beleive how many times we had these guys, and even Bin Laden, to only have bureaucratic BS get in the way.

Looking forward to part 2 tomorrow night.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:42 pm

Part 2 was very good....there is a lot of hollywood fiction in there mixed in with facts from the 9/11 commission, but damn it irks me how we really f
ed up a lot prior to 9/11. THe way the intelligence community and law enforcement community had a breakdown in the sharing of info is inexcuseable.

Cool to learn there actually is a CTU, in that it was born to be a middle-man so to speak between the intelligence community and law enforcement community where both share their info with CTU and CTU takes it from there. I always figured it to be a real division, but when they showed actual footage of a CTU floor layout on ABC's Nightline, it looked like a scene straight out of 24 (spiral staircase to the Director's office overhead, people at desk wrapped in computers, etc).

Anyway, I thought the final 40-50 minutes was well done and how they protrayed the attacks and the chaos on the streets and in the WTC towers, especially since we all know what happened.....
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture