Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Walk The Line

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Walk The Line

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:08 pm

For years on The OBR boards, DJK/Hoodoo & I joked frequently about how different our tastes in movies were, stemming mostly from my shock that he didn't like Mystic River or Seabiscuit.

However, I've now seen three of the movies (Crash & Capote the other two) hes reviewed for the site, and agree wholeheartedly with all three assessments.

The latest was Walk The Line, his review is linked below.

http://swerbsblurbs.com/article_detail.php?id=44

I enjoyed the film. Gave it a 7/10 rating on IMDB.

Amazing performance from Reese Witherspoon, who has now turned in three stellar performances in my view. Freeway, Pleasantville, and Walk The Line. I also liked her in Fear & American Psycho, and will also admit to being charmed by her in Sweet Home Alabama after losing a bet of some sort and being forced to watch it with the wife.

She was very good as Johnny Cash's (Joaquin Phoenix) sidekick June Carter in this film, and Phoenix was also very good as Cash himself.

The movie is the story of Johnny Cashs life, and its well worth the watch even if you know nothing of Cash and his work like I did going into this. Despite being 2 hours and 20 minutes, the film never drags, and there is alot of music, which is well done ... even if, like me, Cashs work is not exactly your cup o tea.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture