Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Star Wars questions

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Star Wars questions

Unread postby StewieG » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:43 pm

I enjoy Star Wars, but I'm not a huge fan. As such, there are some things that have been bugging me, that I've never known the answer to, and I'd appreciate any help!

1. Ok, when Vader kills Obi-Wan, does Obi-Wan get his head chopped off then immediately become a force ghost? Or does he become a force ghost and disappear before Vader can kill him?

2. How do Han and Chewie meet?

3. How did Han and Lando become friends, and how did Han get the Millenium Falcon off of Lando?

4. What did Obi-Wan do to make Luke's uncle hate him so much in the first one? Cuz at the end of Revenge of the Sith, they don't seem to be on bad terms.

5. How come it takes them like 20 years to build the first Death Star, but just a few to build the second?

And completely random, has anyone played Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox or PC? Those are some great games.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Naxos » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:03 am

OK, While I am a big fan I am not crazy obsessive like some guys I have met. Seen all the movies, read a couple of books/comics, so given that here is my best attempt to help you out.

1. Ok, when Vader kills Obi-Wan, does Obi-Wan get his head chopped off then immediately become a force ghost? Or does he become a force ghost and disappear before Vader can kill him?

He became a ghost first joining the force of his own free will. This contributes to him being able to actually manifest himself later and talk to Luke.

2. How do Han and Chewie meet?

Han rescued Chewie from a slave ship back when he used to be an Imperial Officer of the Empire. Han gave up his military career and partly ended up as an smuggler to stay low.

3. How did Han and Lando become friends, and how did Han get the Millenium Falcon off of Lando?

Not sure but Han won the Millenium Falcon from Lando in a game of chance.

4. What did Obi-Wan do to make Luke's uncle hate him so much in the first one? Cuz at the end of Revenge of the Sith, they don't seem to be on bad terms.

Great question. No idea. Theory is that Owen just didn't want Luke to run off and get himself killed.

5. How come it takes them like 20 years to build the first Death Star, but just a few to build the second?

Again no idea. Production delays, cost over runs, contractor disputes/strike. Lesson learned in construction of the first allowing for a faster construction time of the second Death Star?

And completely random, has anyone played Knights of the Old Republic on Xbox or PC? Those are some great games.

Yep played the first. Great game. Probably a better movie than Episode 1 to boot.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby swerb » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:40 am

Stewie, welcome dude. Good to see you over here.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:01 pm

Thank you for the answers Naxos!

And thank you for the welcome Swerb! You've got a nice place over here. Good work!
StewieG

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:11 pm

Uncle owen does not hate Obi-Wan, he just knew of his ties to then Annakin, and did not want Luke to go down that same path.

Good to see some other Star Wars freaks out there. I am a HUGE fan.
May The Force Be With You.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:02 pm

I find the story interesting. Moreso the new trilogy than the old one. I think there's more things going on in this one. Plus the whole "knowing what's going to happen, but seeing it unfold" has always intrigued me. Kind of like Titanic. Er, not that it's a good movie or anything, but the whole boat sinking scene was pretty cool. Pearl Harbor was the same way.

But anyways, the whole Star Wars story is very well done. There's a reason why so many people love it.
StewieG

Unread postby mswerb » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:24 pm

Star Wars rules!
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:27 am

The one thing that bugged the hell out of me, is the ending of Sith. You see the Death Star close to about 50% completion....yet, it takes them 18 more years to finish it? Weak.

Anyway, I've played and finished both KOTOR games for the XBox. Amazing games, and I agree that the storyline is better than Menace and Clones. Very deep games.

Also, I recall this time last year Lucas was talking about a TV show for Star Wars to air on Fox in primtime on a weekly, season basis. They seemed almost certain it would happen.....have those plans been scrapped? Supposedly, the series would be about the 18 years between Sith and Hope.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Naxos » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:58 pm

Lucasflims is working on 2 Television projects.

1. A live action show set in between episodes 3 and 4. Suppose to be about 100, 1 hours shows in length for the series. Series is in pre-pre-production. Writing is suppose to happen first with everything scripted before production ever starts.

2. A 3-D animated cartoon set in the Clone Wars era. This project is in pre-production. Writing in progress, animation tests and design, ect.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:20 am

KOTOR 1 is a great story. When I found out the big twist (you know the one), my jaw about hit the floor. And the whole Bastila/Your Charactor love story I thought was very well done, and especially so that they set it up so that it works whether you turn to the dark side (a la Anakin) because of your love for her, or try to turn her back to the light. Very well done.

KOTOR 2 could have been a great story, but as it was, it was too abrupt. There's a ton of cut content, including going to a droid planet to actually finish the fight with the HK-50 droids that keep hunting you, various ways to kill Visas on the Ravager, ways to kill off almost all of your party members in the Malachor Core, if your charactor is female, there was a great ending (or I think it would be great) where you fall in love with Atton, and Sion kills him (but not before you can say goodbye), and then at the end of the game he comes back as a force ghost and says:

Atton: {Trying to be casual, but wants to go with the player}Need any company? {Beat, casual}I mean, I'm not doing anything. Besides, if I'm not around to bail you out of trouble, who knows what could happen.

< player says something at this point, something the lines of "sure you can come">

Atton: All right, then. {Beat}Where are we going again? I mean, because last time, we were heading toward this mining colony on the edge of space, and there was this Sith Lord, and...

< Cut to credits, scene of Ebon Hawk taking off, whatever.>

All of this is from a group of people trying to restore all the content that was cut from teh game. If they didn't have to release it so abruptly in time for Christmas this could have been a GREAT game. As it is, it's merely very good.
StewieG

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:26 am

Consigliere wrote:The one thing that bugged the hell out of me, is the ending of Sith. You see the Death Star close to about 50% completion....yet, it takes them 18 more years to finish it? Weak.

Yeah, that confused me as well. The only thing I can think of, is maybe Lucas wanted that scene to take place much closer to A new hope, but couldn't quite get it to look right on screen (because that would have to be the last scene in the movie, which just wouldn't leave you on a good note). But I dunno.

Also, I can't wait for the live-action show to come out. That should answer a lot of questions.
StewieG

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture