Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Mitch

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Mitch

Unread postby consigliere » Fri May 26, 2006 6:24 pm

Good stuff with the Crystal Ball and DaVinci review....

Was wondering, since you research this stuff more than me.....but any news on when we may see the next Spidy Man and Batman movies? I always love the Marvel Comic character movies......was wondering who the villians might be in those and when they may come out. My best guess is Spidy 3 is set for a May 2007 release (if it is in the pipeline).

And, has Jackson agreed to do The Hobbit yet? Is Raiders of the Lost Ark 4 dead?

Thanks.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 26, 2006 6:41 pm

Anyone else get "In Theaters" on a channel called INHD2?

It's all trailers for movies at, and coming to, the theaters ... all in HD and Dolby. It's really cool.

I just saw the trailer for the new Superman coming out June 30. Im usually not big into the comic book flicks, but I'll see that one.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 28, 2006 6:20 pm

Spidey 3 is scheduled for release on May 4th, 2007. They haven't specified who Thomas Hayden Church is going to play yet...but it's rumored to be Venom.

Chloe Sevginy (from Big Love) is also rumored to be part of the film, playing Black Cat.

Batman 2 is set for a 2008 release. Christopher Nolan is still in negotiations for the director's chair...I can't see anyone else doing it (other than maybe Bryan Singer...but he's on for two Superman films).

Nothing announced yet for Indy Jones 4...Harrison Ford still wants Sean Connery to come back, but Connery announced he's retired from acting, so I'm not sure that will happen. Reportedly, they're still developing a script that Ford likes.

No commitment yet from Peter Jackson on The Hobbit...but they (New Line) still wants him to do it. I get the feeling we'll know for certain on this within a few months.

Speaking of Superheroes...at the X3 movie (which I didn't like), they showed a preview of Nicolas Cage as Ghost Rider...which comes out in February. Just from what I saw, this has the makings of another Hulk.

There are also talks of movies about The Silver Surfer and Iron Man as well.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 31, 2006 6:15 pm

Thanks Mitch. Boy, I hope the guy that directed Batman Begins returns for the sequel. I REALLY liked the way they did Batman Begins......much, much better than the Keaton, Kilmer, and Clooney versions.

I'm a big X-men fan....but will wait for the DVD release. Sounds like they really missed Singer on that one.

And, the new Superman movie is something I am dying to see. I grew up a Superman nut. When channel surfing, if the first or second movie is on, I always find myself staying and watching to completion. Few movies do that (the Rocky movies, Predator, Terminator, etc).
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:51 am

Great news on a new evil bitch role for Chloe Sevigny (who I love in 'Big Love') and also hopes that we get word on The Hobbit soon. I recently read The Hobbit for the first time, and would love to see Jackson bring that to the silver screen.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture