Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Finally Saw Capote ...

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Finally Saw Capote ...

Unread postby swerb » Fri May 26, 2006 3:39 pm

Enjoyed the movie. Incredible acting, especially Hoffman as Capote.

I will admit though, I had no idea who Truman Capote was until seeing this film, so not having any historical backround or knowledge of the man slightly disqualifies me from judging just how good of a job he did.

Great acting is great acting though, and Hoffman was once again superb. If I ever get around to revamping my best actor list, he would be near the top. Hes failed to disappoint, and often wowed me, in the last 5-6 things I've seen him in.

Katherin Keener and Chris Collins, as usual, both were excellent as well. Collins is another one of those guys that would rank MUCH higher on my best actor list from the last time I did it 2-3 years ago. Hes consistently excellent. Also, the actor that played Perry Smith did a great job as well.

While the acting was excellent, and I agree with DJK that I would highly reccomend this movie, I wouldn't put it as an all time classic, and would have to say I thought it was slightly overrated given all the hype and accolades. That all said, it may still have been the best movie I've seen so far from 2005, which I felt was a terrible year overall for films.

The hanging scene at the end, and the events that proceeded it was phenomenal. As was the confession scene. The movie got better and better as it went along. An hour in I was far from impressed. I was enthralled and at the edge of my seat by the conclusion. After re-reading DJKs' review, I whole heartedly agree with 90% of it, especially the part about the ways it could have been improved.

At the least, it was well worth the time investment, and a very good movie. I am now intrigued to read "In Cold Blood" and also to see the original movie from back in the 60's.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture