Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

ESPN Personality in Hot Water

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

ESPN Personality in Hot Water

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:36 pm

Dana Jacobson reportedly suspended...

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/life ... 2345c.html

Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby mikebrownz26 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:45 pm

Its was a roast. Offensive things get said at roasts. Will be interesting to see if some of the outlets milk this like they are doing with the Tiger Woods/Kelly Tilghman deal.
mikebrownz26

Favorite Player: Phil Dawson
Least Favorite Player: Scott Stewart

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Michigan graduate.

Go figure.

F Jesus? Ouch!
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:49 pm

Like the above poster said, its a roast. Worst things have been said. A roast isn't for viewers who can't handle comments similar to the one made in joking fashion.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby Hi Oktane » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:50 pm

mikebrownz26 wrote:Its was a roast. Offensive things get said at roasts. Will be interesting to see if some of the outlets milk this like they are doing with the Tiger Woods/Kelly Tilghman deal.

At least one report has her saying, "F*** Jesus" during her "performance".
Hi Oktane
TPS Report Grader

Favorite Player: Brother Red
Least Favorite Player: IHS

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:54 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:
mikebrownz26 wrote:Its was a roast. Offensive things get said at roasts. Will be interesting to see if some of the outlets milk this like they are doing with the Tiger Woods/Kelly Tilghman deal.

Yeah, Im not a religious guy, and am far from a prude .... but a TV personality for the biggest cable network in the world saying F Jesus after taking a vodka bottle to the head is a little harsh.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby mikebrownz26 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:55 pm

Hi Oktane wrote:

This was a celebrity roast, not a wedding or funeral. Read some of the past Jeff Ross quotes and see what kind of stuff gets said. The Roast of Flavor-Flav was one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
mikebrownz26

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:59 pm

The Pam Anderson roast, Jeffrey Ross, talking about how many men in Hollywood she'd been with, said ....

"I haven't seen a pussy take that bad of a beating since Reuben Stoddard beat Clay Aiken on American Idol".

Jeffrey Ross is hysterical. Was Lisa Lampanelli at this one? I bet Dana Jacobsen wishes she was. If anyone can make "F Jesus" seem light, it's her.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby mikebrownz26 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:05 pm

Swerb wrote:The Pam Anderson roast, Jeffrey Ross, talking about how many men in Hollywood she'd been with, said ....

"I haven't seen a pussy take that bad of a beating since Reuben Stoddard beat Clay Aiken on American Idol".

Jeffrey Ross is hysterical. Was Lisa Lampanelli at this one? I bet Dana Jacobsen wishes she was. If anyone can make "F Jesus" seem light, it's her.

A recent issue of Maxim has a bunch of his quotes. One of them is directed at Shaq and goes something like "Hey Shaq, your knuckles looked scraped, did you walk here?" - which could be more offensive than a 'F- Jesus' line in some eyes.
mikebrownz26

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:00 pm

For a country that was partially founded so people could escape religious persicution, people sure are uptight about the whole "jesus" thing. I thought you were no longer supposed to be crucified (pun intended) for saying what you want about any religion as long as it doesn't remove the same rights from another person. I agree with her, F-Jesus and cross he rode in on. This is another example of an assassination by the America Taliban (Christian Extremeists who are fine with things like killing abortion doctors and gay people because it is God's work). It's a roast. That's what you are supposed to do at a roast. If bet if she worked on her delivery, and layed off the vodka, she might have been ok, but because she wasn't funny people get pissed. If Ross had said F-Jesus, people wouldn't have cared, but because this broad isn't a comedian she's in it up to her eyes. Organized religion is arguably the worst thing to happen to society, if you don't believe me, read a history book. If she gets canned, I hope the ACLU steps in and helps her out. What's more hipocritical than a company started by Walt Disney (an A-list bigot) giving someone a hard time about something that was said in opposition to social norms?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:05 pm

For a country that was partially founded so people could escape religious persicution, people sure are uptight about the whole "jesus" thing.

Thats why the Puritans left England because of how uptight they were on the whole Jesus thing compared to the Pagan Church of England. Religion sure is whacky thats why I have none.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:52 pm

The Puritans weren't there to escape "religious prosecution"...they came here to be allowed to PRACTICE religious prosecution.

That said...nothing ANYONE says in a ROAST should ever be used against them.

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:07 am

Swerb wrote:
Hi Oktane wrote:

Yeah, Im not a religious guy, and am far from a prude .... but a TV personality for the biggest cable network in the world saying F Jesus after taking a vodka bottle to the head is a little harsh.

Are you kidding?

That makes her the lady I want to marry. And I am a Catholic. I also was blessed with a sense of humor, Hell my last birthday party was a roast and the things that were said were so amazingly inapropriate but that was the fun of it. For once you could just not care about anything, but not really mean anything by it.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture