Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Wii Zapper

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Wii Zapper

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:47 am

Excellent purchase for the $20-24 range. Comes with Link's crossbow training, which like Wii Sports, is really fun. I also have Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, which has a "zapper mode". Pretty good game, although I'm not very far into it, and works well with the zapper. One of the Medal of Honor games also supports the Zapper, but I haven't tried it yet. Like most of the Wii applications, I'll be looking forward to new games using the zapper in the future.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:25 am

One of the Medal of Honor games also supports the Zapper, but I haven't tried it yet

I was hoping you would have played it so you could tell me how it is. I've got the Zapper and the Zelda shooter, which I agree is pretty fun, but I'm curious as to how MOH plays in Zapper mode. Great potential I think.

Also, I learned this weekend never to underestimate the greatness of downloading the SNES version of Mario Kart, killing a case of Miller, and playing 4 person Mario Kart. As dumb as that may sound, it is huge fun!
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:29 am

Incredible fun. I lost about .2 off my GPA because of that game (game cube version, but same result), hopefully the Wii version will be online.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby tbone » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:32 am

Bayou Tribe wrote:
Also, I learned this weekend never to underestimate the greatness of downloading the SNES version of Mario Kart, killing a case of Miller, and playing 4 person Mario Kart. As dumb as that may sound, it is huge fun!

Sophomore year of college I almost failed out of school due to "drinking Mario Kart" (among other things...). I forget the official rules, but know it involved some amount of drinks multiplied per second you finished behind in each race, and then a certain amount of beers for your finish in the overall cup series, etc., etc.

I miss college.
I don't think I'm ever more "aware" than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer.
Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

tbone
Medium Rare

Favorite Player: myself
Least Favorite Player: that guy

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:47 am

I miss college.

I 2nd that. College is great when you don't let school get in the way.
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby tbone » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:42 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:
I miss college.

I 2nd that. College is great when you don't let school get in the way.

Ha, my 10-year reunion is next summer, and it cant get here fast enough. And since I have plenty of friends who are a year older than me, I'm considering sneaking down this summer to their 10-year.
I don't think I'm ever more "aware" than I am right after I hit my thumb with a hammer.
Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

tbone
Medium Rare

Favorite Player: myself
Least Favorite Player: that guy

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture