Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

March Madness 2007 or College Hoops 2K7?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Which game should I get?

March Madness 2007 (PS2)
50%
College Hoops 2K7 (PS2)
50%

Total votes : 2

March Madness 2007 or College Hoops 2K7?

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Just a simple question. I'm going to buy one of those two pre-owned for PS 2. What do you guys think?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Spin » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:25 pm

I couldn't tell which was better, so I went with EA. That way the controller is similar to EA's NBA Live which I already had.

I've got Akron to 10-2 so far, 1-1 vs. top 25 teams. 8) :cool: 8-)
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby municipalmutt » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:20 am

I've got Akron to 10-2 so far, 1-1 vs. top 25 teams

Drink Beer
Drink Beer
Drink Beer Goddamn it drink beer
I won't drink beer with any man
Who won't drink beer with an Akron man
Akron once
Akron twice
Holy jumping Jesus Christ
Goddamn son of a bitch
Goooooo Zips *

* The Akron beer cheer.

At least that's what it used to be when I lived over on Carroll Street and went to the U of Akron many moons ago.
municipalmutt

Unread postby SteelersStillSuck » Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:49 am

Does either one have the Indiana State Sycamores?

I've noticed that EA has done away with the D-IAA Schools in NCAA Football 08 for Ps3 so I'm a bit bummed.
SteelersStillSuck

Unread postby CarolinaTribe » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:22 am

Not sure if any of you do the dynasty mode in college basketball(thats really all I do), but theres a simulation website that offers close to the same thing except its better and with real players.

www.whatifsports.com and in their "HD" game(stands for Hoops Dynasty), they are offering a free season if you haven't played before.

Just thought I'd throw that out there since I really enjoy doing it as a big college hoops fan.
CarolinaTribe

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:00 pm

I don't know about CH, but MM has just about every team. It does have Indiana St, YSU, CSU, etc, and all the minor conferences that are invited to the NCAA tournament.

I enjoy MM's dynasty mode, but it can be a bit easy. For example, I took U of Denver, one of the worst schools in the game, and turned them into a national power within 5 years. My first year was pretty bad, but I landed a 5-star (out of 6) recruit. The next year I landed another 5-star during the season, made the tournament, and got a 4 and 5-star in the offseason. The next season I landed my first 6-star recruit, and made the elite 8. It just got easier and easier each year after that. And this is Denver, mind you. I'm not even sure they had ever made the tournament before.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:19 pm

All of the personal opinion reviews I have seen say that CH2K7 is better than MM. That said, I found MM on amazon for $.99, just pay for shipping. It's listed as 'New' as well.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:39 pm

Better make sure that's the actual game, not just the game case or instruction booklet.
StewieG

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:51 pm

StewieG wrote:Better make sure that's the actual game, not just the game case or instruction booklet.

In case you see anything I can't.
Last edited by skatingtripods on Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:58 pm

The only thing I can tell is that's last year's game. Which isn't that big of a deal actually, because it's pretty similar to this year's game as well.

I say go for it.

But, I would definitely take that link down as it lets me into your signed-on amazon.com account. I didn't do anything, but someone else could.

Good luck!
StewieG

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:00 pm

StewieG wrote:The only thing I can tell is that's last year's game. Which isn't that big of a deal actually, because it's pretty similar to this year's game as well.

I say go for it.

But, I would definitely take that link down as it lets me into your signed-on amazon.com account. I didn't do anything, but someone else could.

Good luck!

Thanks bud. I'm glad you caught that. I may just go down to Game Stop at Steelyard Commons and get 2K7, people seem to be raving more about that.

I don't usually buy the newest games that are out. For example, I have MVP 05, NCAA Football 06, Madden 07, and now I need a College Hoops game. I don't understand paying $30 when I could get the year before's for half that.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture