Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Question for you gamers.

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Question for you gamers.

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:28 pm

I am sure most of you have seen some of the more recently popular video games on the market that come in the form of a joystick style console that holds 2-5 games inside. I have seen an Atari version and Ms. Pac Man version (with Galaga, Ms. Pac man and Pole Position) in which you simply plug in the two cables to your video/audio input/output ports on the TV and poof you playing the games.

My question is has anybody seen a Nintendo version, and if so what games are included?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:23 pm

They don't exist. Your best bet is to get an original Xbox second-hand and finding someone to soft-mod it to act as an emulator. You can fit all the NES, Super Nintendo, Turbo Grafx 16, and most n64 titles without even offending the hard drive. Go to a video game store and ask the staffers. They know a guy, and don't be afraid to bribe.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:25 pm

The only legal recourse is to either buy those systems on eBay or buy a Wii.

WiiShop allows you to buy NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, TurboGrafx 16, and NeoGeo games for play on the Wii's Virtual Console. You might also find that the Wii's games are a blast like the rest of the world is finding out. You'll have trouble finding one as it's about the hottest thing on the planet right now.

Here's a list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Vi ... America%29

500 point games = $5
800 = $8
etc.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:07 pm

There was a line of 50+ people for 10 Wii's at a local Gamestop a friend of mine is selling his for $300 which is fair given how rare they are.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:10 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:There was a line of 50+ people for 10 Wii's at a local Gamestop a friend of mine is selling his for $300 which is fair given how rare they are.

Yeah. I know the local Best Buy has had nearly 1,000 people show up for 100 of them and that's at 5am on Sunday morning. They had to have people outside to turn away anyone beyond the first 100.

I'm glad that I got mine in May. I have many virtual console games and several Wii games. I was really disinterested in console gaming until Nintendo came out with this beauty. I grew up with it but grew tired of the button mashing. I have several friends around my age (late 20s, early 30s) that are in the same boat and have even seen the parents of friends get involved and buy a Wii even though they'd never been too interested in video games before.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture