Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Queen Live At Wembley

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Queen Live At Wembley

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:35 pm

The entire concert is available on YouTube, and for my money it is the greatest live performance in the history of modern civilization.

Check it out start to finish here: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 5266CAAFF0

Just make sure to have a few hours of free time available ;)
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:45 am

Great show. Been meaning to get the DVD for a while. I saw it on TV numerous times during the 90s.

I don't know if I'd call it the best show ever, but it's up there. The Who's performance at the Isle of Wight in 1970 is unbelievable. Springsteen and the E-Street Band at the Hammersmith Odeon in 1975 is also amazing. I'm also partial to the U2 concerts I've seen that are often compared to religious experiences. Peter Gabriel is also something else to watch, though is often inline with the performance art aspect from his Prog Rock days with Genesis.

I do wish that I could've seen Queen live. Definitely one of the greatest bands of all time and Freddie definitely had the best voice in rock history. I love how eclectic their work is.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture