Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Magic

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Magic

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:44 pm

Been listening to the new Springsteen album all week. Great record and a real return to his roots with the E-Street Band while also exploring some new avenues and playing with the sound a bit.

His last album with E-Street, The Rising, was also great, though a bit long and with a different production sound.

He's one of the last earnest rockers that can fill an album with fun while also finding a way to be serious simultaneously.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Apex777 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Yep, great new offering from the Boss. Can't wait to hear some of the stuff done live at The Q in November, anyone else here going to that show? 8) :cool: 8-)
Apex777

Unread postby yogi » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:17 pm

Going to his concert Tuesday night (10/9) at Continental Arena here in Jersey.

This'll be my FIRST time seeing Bruce!
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:46 pm

You'll get every nickel's worth of what you pay Yogi.

Always outstanding in concert.

Enjoy.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:54 pm

He's barnstorming right now and is staying primarily in the NE before going to Europe. The talk is that there'll be a full-on national onslaught in early 2008, so that's when I'll get to see him in Tampa again. I caught him in Tampa and Orlando during The Rising Tour.

He and the E-Street Band put on a great show. They mix up the old and new stuff well and really give it their all night after night. We were so ornery in Orlando that they came back for a second encore and played the Detroit Medley, something that they hadn't done for over 20 years.

The band is always tight and amazing to watch and listen to. I'm always mesmerized by Max Weinberg's great drumwork and Nils Lofgren is one of the best, least known guitarists on the planet.

Enjoy them when you see them in Jersey and C-Town. I'm sure the Jersey concert will be insane.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:50 am

And here I thought Mac was finally going to profess his love for magic cards.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:46 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And here I thought Mac was finally going to profess his love for magic cards.

I could see you thinking that from the title.

Never played them. I prefer traditional card games like poker, euchre, canasta, etc.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Unread postby yogi » Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:18 pm

Excellent concert last night in the Meadowlands!

1st time to see Bruce and he was very good. Not the greatest concert I've ever seen but I'm very happy I finally saw him.

Concert was only 2 hours, maybe a Tuesday night had something to do with that.

A lot of stuff from his new album (which is expected) but not many of what I'd call Bruce's greatest hits.

He did BTR of course but no Jungleland, Hungry Heart, Thunderoad or Rosalita.

I understand by watching the 60 Minutes show on Sunday that he and his band have over 250 songs in their repitoire (sp?) and Bruce himself writes out that shows itinerary.

The only songs that are played every show are BTR and I imagine "Radio Nowhere" since it kicks off every show.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:25 pm

yogi wrote:Excellent concert last night in the Meadowlands!

1st time to see Bruce and he was very good. Not the greatest concert I've ever seen but I'm very happy I finally saw him.

Concert was only 2 hours, maybe a Tuesday night had something to do with that.

A lot of stuff from his new album (which is expected) but not many of what I'd call Bruce's greatest hits.

He did BTR of course but no Jungleland, Hungry Heart, Thunderoad or Rosalita.

I understand by watching the 60 Minutes show on Sunday that he and his band have over 250 songs in their repitoire (sp?) and Bruce himself writes out that shows itinerary.

The only songs that are played every show are BTR and I imagine "Radio Nowhere" since it kicks off every show.

He doesn't play Rosalita, Thunder Road, Jungleland, or Hungry Heart very often. Jungleland was regularly featured during the 99/00 tour but dropped for The Rising tour. Tenth Avenue Freeze Out saw the same fate, though he did often play Incident on 57th Street on the last tour self-accompanied on the piano. He played it in Tampa and I got chills down my spine.

Here are the setlists for the tour so far:

http://www.brucespringsteen.net/live/20 ... l#20071009

He's been really keen on playing She's The One and Candy's Room over the last few years after ignoring them for awhile. Candy's Room is electric live and the Bo Diddley rhythm on She's the One is intense.

Dancing In The Dark reappeared on the last tour after a fairly long absence. The two stone cold locks during most shows of any tour are Born To Run and Badlands.

Would have loved to hear Brilliant Disguise live. We got to hear Human Touch in Orlando last time because someone managed to see Bruce beforehand and request it. Great song.

Man, Thundercrack is a pretty awesome rarity. Sure that rocked!

Glad to see that he got Darkness On The Edge Of Town in and two off of Born in the USA that he doesn't play often anymore - Darlington County and No Surrender.

I can't wait until he swings south next year. I'm hoping he expands the concert to the usual three hours by then, but that may not be the case. Those guys aren't getting younger, though the early shows do tend to be the shortest.

Chances are he'll play Jersey and NYC again on the next US leg of the tour. C-Town probably won't get another date, but he plays NYC, NJ, Boston, and Philly a lot every time he goes out.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture