Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Monday Night Television

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Monday Night Television

Unread postby Naxos » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:29 pm

So the wife and I watched Chuck and Big Bang Theory last night.

We both enjoyed both of these new shows.

Chuck does a great job in the pilot showing a guy out of his element and then toss in a bunch comedy, eye candy, and some action to keep things interesting and you get a good show.

Big Band Theory works great for me and my wife. She gets all the cute girl in jokes and I get all the geeky science stuff.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:32 pm

Anyone catch the Season 2 premiere for Heroes? Solid kickoff to a new season....a bit slow, but then again they have to re-establish the storylines.

Nice to see Sylar still around, who I never thought to be dead to begin with anyway.
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Naxos » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:48 pm

Consigliere wrote:Anyone catch the Season 2 premiere for Heroes? Solid kickoff to a new season....a bit slow, but then again they have to re-establish the storylines.

Nice to see Sylar still around, who I never thought to be dead to begin with anyway.

Not yet but I'll probably watch it tonight. I was gone for a couple of weeks so I have alot to catch up with still on the DVR.

However now that I think about it, I think my wife and I have a baby class to go to tonight so I'll probably fall further behind on my tv viewing. I'll try to watch House as a minimum before passing out tonight.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Guest » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:28 pm

I'll catch Heroes tonight on DVR as well.

My wife was watching Big Bang Theory, and thought it was pretty funny.

As predicted, don't look for "Journeyman" to last more than a couple of shows...it's gotten killed by the critics.

Also, looks like "Cane" isn't very good (premires tonight). I was hoping for some good stuff, but it just looks like a boring remake of "Dynasty".

Unread postby Stolliosis » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:45 pm

I tried watching Big Bang Theory since it comes on after one of my favorites (HIMYM), but I couldn't stick with it.

I have Chuck on the DVR to watch, I hope it's worthwhile.
Stolliosis

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:23 am

I actually caught Big Shots last night, and I thought it was decent. The one guy was hilarious. I'll watch it again next week.
consigliere

Unread postby Jumbo » Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:55 am

Chuck was a pretty good show. It has promise.

Journeyman is still sitting on the TiVo.

HIMYM is excellent. Period.

Big Bang Theory was meh. It was funny in parts, but there's a finite-supply of Socially Awkward Geek one-liners out there...and it seemed like they were running out about 2/3 of the way through the show.

Heroes had a stellar opening. I'm intrigued by the fact that it looks like Matt is going to have a bigger role this year. Something odd about that episode though (SPOILER ALERT)

(SPOILER): So Hiro's dad tells Petrelli Mom that he's going to Japan to get away...then he just sticks around...and he dies, without us ever seeing his power. I dunno, something doesn't seem right. Given the fact that the show now has a track record of dead people not being actually dead (I thought Peter would live, but the Season 1 finale packs less punch without Nathan getting killed) I'd wouldn't be surprised to see him around again. (Even aside from the inevitable flashbacks.)
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:42 pm

I also caught the new show Dirty Sexy Money...it was okay. Might be one of those shows I don't TiVo, but when it is on and I have nothing else to watch I watch it.

Bionic Woman looks to have promise. Sort of Alias on steriods. Liked what I saw the first episode, but we'll see where it goes.

I thought Life was decent.....I still need to watch 2-3 more episodes to get a read on the flow of the show and see how they play out the whole thing. but, I am really intrigued by it and I think it could be a dark horse for best new show....at least one episode in.
consigliere

Unread postby buddycowley » Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:52 pm

1. Agree on Bionic Woman. That bad-girl Bio-Chick seems pretty nasty, so it could make for an interesting series.

2. Life seemed pretty good too. The lead actor makes me laugh, and he pulls off the character very well.

Buddy
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby Guest » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:03 pm

Prison Break is sweet and I also like the new show K-Ville.

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture