Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Good trailer ...

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Good trailer ...

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:57 am

Getting caught up on my Crystal Ball reading from the past couple weeks, noticed this trailer Mitch linked:

"Iron Man"

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount ... ailer.html

Interesting. Looks like it has some potential. Great trailer too.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby mswerb » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:43 am

Looks OK. Iron man is one of the sweeter superheroes in my book, hope they don't ruin this.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Guest » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:26 pm

I feel pretty good about it based upon the cast.

Robert Downey, Jr. was an inspired choice for Tony Stark that I totally cheered when I first heard it. If anyone can get behind the inner depth of a comic book character that is an alcoholic, it's Downey.

Terrence Howard as Rhody, Gwenyth Paltrow as Pepper...Jeff Bridges, Hillary Swank and Samuel Muthafuckin' L. Jackson as Nick Fury?

I'm hoping the guys from Marvel learned their lessons after the suck that was Ghost Rider (guilty pleasure aside) and both Fantastic Four movies and take this seriously...more like the original X-Men and "Batman Returns".

My only concern might be having Jon Favreau as director...but the buzz is that he's a good up and comer, and will be someone who'll end up being much better behind the camera than in front of it.

Unread postby swerb » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:46 pm

Wow ... thats a solid cast.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:29 am

There is an office downtown called "Stark Enterprises" I seriously thing War Machine is gonna be in the waiting room.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby Guest » Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:29 pm

I think it looks pretty sweet.

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture