Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

New TV shows?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

New TV shows?

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:03 am

Anyone hearing any buzz on some of the new TV shows this fall and which to catch?
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby buddycowley » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:21 am

Californication has been pretty good since it has started. David Duchovny is pretty funny. Lots of boobies too!

Buddy
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:44 am

buddycowley wrote:Californication has been pretty good since it has started. David Duchovny is pretty funny. Lots of boobies too!

Buddy

Just started watching this ... been DVR'ing it, finally got through the first three episodes this weekend. Very good.

To this point, I've ignored the Showtime shows, but I'm trying to catch up. Three episodes in to both Californication and Dexter. And trying to get to "Weeds".
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:41 am

Swerb wrote:To this point, I've ignored the Showtime shows, but I'm trying to catch up. Three episodes in to both Californication and Dexter. And trying to get to "Weeds".

Did Dexter Season 2 start?
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:52 am

Consigliere wrote:
Swerb wrote:To this point, I've ignored the Showtime shows, but I'm trying to catch up. Three episodes in to both Californication and Dexter. And trying to get to "Weeds".

Did Dexter Season 2 start?

No, Im finally watching season one. Im assuming season 2 will start soon, cause they're reshowing the first season on Showtime right now.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:13 pm

It's always sunny in Philadelphia.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby Guest » Tue Sep 04, 2007 8:52 pm

I'm interested in seeing how things go.

Dexter starting season 2 is, of course, at the top of my list.

As far as new shows, I have interest in Life, as the premise seems original...a cop gets sent away for Life on a set up, gets released several years later with a multi-million dollar settlement, and once he gets his job back, he spends his spare time trying to find out who framed him.

It's more interesting to me as it stars Damien Lewis, who was so damn good in "Band of Brothers".

Same thing with "Journeyman" with Kevin McKidd from "Rome". The show seems to be a cop rip-off of "Quantam Leap", but I can't help but want to watch McKidd. But I get the feeling this will not last six episodes.

"Bionic Woman" might actually be half-OK.

"Dirty Sexy Money" looks interesting with Peter Krause as a hotshot lawyer protecting an uber rich disfunctional family with a Paris Hilton clone and Donald Sutherland as the patriarch.

"Back to You" might be the first sitcom I've wanted to watch for awhile, with Kelsey Grammer and Patricia Heaton as bickering news anchors.

"Cane", with Jimmy Smits as the central character in a South Miami "Dallas" type show might be good.

"Big Shots" might be a guys' "Desperate Housewives".

Everything else? Especially "Cavemen" and "Pushing Daisies"

Typical network TV garbage...as I'm sure at least half of the "interesting" shows I've listed will be.

But on the positive side, we have "Lost" and "Heroes" coming back soon, along with the aforementioned "Dexter".

And then "Jericho" will be back after the first of the year.

Unread postby Guest » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:57 pm

September 30th I think for Dexter season 2, can't wait.

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:58 pm

Also, "Curb Your Enthusiasm" starts back up soon on HBO.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby sandlot33 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:51 pm

Swerb wrote:Also, "Curb Your Enthusiasm" starts back up soon on HBO.

about time...
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby Stolliosis » Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:16 pm

Upon seeing Friday Night Lights Season 1 on Amazon yesterday for $20 I decided to take a shot and order it.

Worth my time and money?
Stolliosis

Unread postby Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:14 pm

I reviewed a bunch of the new series last year around October time frame.

I really didn't like Friday Night Lights as I thought it paled to the movie and employed every bad sports cliche I've come to hate in sports movies...especially football movies.

I think it's probably something that non sports fans would like a lot more than I did.

Unread postby Stolliosis » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:09 pm

Mitch wrote:I reviewed a bunch of the new series last year around October time frame.

I really didn't like Friday Night Lights as I thought it paled to the movie and employed every bad sports cliche I've come to hate in sports movies...especially football movies.

I think it's probably something that non sports fans would like a lot more than I did.

That's what I was afraid of when it started last fall (I didn't want to watch something, shall I say, Varsity Blues-ish) so I didn't bother with it, but I guess it received a lot of critical praise and I had heard a few good things so I figured why not.
Stolliosis

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:37 pm

When is Nip/Tuck coming back?
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture