Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

No Reservation - Cleveland edition

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

No Reservation - Cleveland edition

Unread postby Naxos » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:51 am

Anthony Burdain's No Reservation (about quality food) show is suppose to be in Cleveland this week.

Should be interesting to see.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:11 pm

They've had a preview of that before movies at the AMC Theater chain. The clip had him saying that Cleveland was their best show and that he was surprised at how much there was in Cleveland. Said the food was some of the best and that the city had a lot to offer.

I've always thought that too. Cleveland is a medium sized city now, but it offers the culture of a much larger city without all the hassle of a large city. It's definitely much better than Tampa in that regard.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:00 pm

On now. Can't wait.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:28 pm

Nice, they stopped at Sokolowskis ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:56 pm

Swerb wrote:Nice, they stopped at Sokolowskis ...

That place owns my soul. He missed out about Melt, though.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:00 pm

Great episode. Very complimentary ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:08 pm

Swerb wrote:Great episode. Very complimentary ...

What isn't to like? We love all things delicious, drunk, and completely disorderly.

I know I do.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby Naxos » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:35 pm

Wish I could have hit some of those places when I lived there. Not a bad show. He had alot of good things to say. Winter is not flattering to my old home but definetly part of living in Cleveland.

Think the closest I had to some of those dishes was eating at the Haufbrau House a few times. Heard it is not around anymore, shame.

I'll have to hit Lola's sometime now that I have seen it.
Naxos

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:04 am

Naxos wrote:Wish I could have hit some of those places when I lived there. Not a bad show. He had alot of good things to say. Winter is not flattering to my old home but definetly part of living in Cleveland.

Think the closest I had to some of those dishes was eating at the Haufbrau House a few times. Heard it is not around anymore, shame.

I'll have to hit Lola's sometime now that I have seen it.

Winter looks mighty attractive when you've had intense heat most of the year for so long. There's no break in sight down here for the heat. We don't get a reprieve in the fall. We get a little one in the winter, but there've been times where it's been near 90 fro Christmas. There's something wrong about wearing shortsleeves during Christmastime.

I think it's good to actually have four seasons because then you actually get to experience the fatigue of one and the joy in the transitions. Last time I was in Ohio right after the spring thaw and I can never recall seeing anything greener in my whole life. I did when I was younger, but green down here is not as vibrant as when the grass and trees spring back to life. The smell of apple blossoms also was amazing. We don't get those smells of spring down here.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Naxos » Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:54 am

I love seasons. Living near Philly now we sort of get a winter but not quite. It just does not snow enough for me.

On a totally side note that is why my wife and I plan to retire to upstate New York in about 30 years.

Back to the show. To bad alot of what was actually on screen was the run down parts of town, the old industry. Alot of rust showing through.

Cleveland has alot to offer so it is hard to show it all.
Naxos

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture