Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Halloween.

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Halloween.

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:29 pm

The remake is coming out very soon, curious as to how many are interested?

It looks good and not over done, if there was one key to the original is what the simplicity, the trailers seem to show Rob Zombie as preserving that simplicity.

question: When a Star Wars movie comes out and all the fans go to the theater dressed up as the characters do they get into the movie that way?

Reason I ask is b/c I am a big Halloween fan and own and wear the mask (whole out fit actually) for Halloween and was thinking about wearing it to the movie, just to see the reaction.

Think they let me in?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Fixedgearrider » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:31 pm

I don't see why not. Unless you show up with a DVD of H20. Busta Rhymes is seriously the worst actor in human history.
Fixedgearrider
Site Drunk

Unread postby mswerb » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:32 pm

They should let you in as long as you don't bring any weapons in with you.

I thought this was more of a prequel than a remake, please shed some light on this.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:37 pm

Not aware of whether it is a prequel or not, IMO it doesn't look like it, from what I can tell from the trailers I have seen Micheal kills some of the same people as in the original. So my thinking tells me that makes it a remake as opposed to a prequel.

Also, not sure how familiar you are with the original, but there isn't really much to "pre quel". The story starts in the first 2 minutes of the original Halloween, not much there before that in which the audience wasn't aware of?

How comical would it be if I did in fact wear the mask, as I went to buy the ticket, and the teller actually asked what movie I was there for? It is possible seeing as most of the people working the window are teenagers and Halloween is roughly 30 years old.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby mswerb » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:42 pm

I have only seen bits and pieces of these, can't say I've seen any from start to finish.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby MacGregor78 » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:24 am

The original Halloween was great. Very simple and needed to be since it was an independent film and they didn't have much of a budget. I can't wait to see the remake. Hopefully it is not overdone.
MacGregor

Just hoping my child doesn't have to go grow up in a world where Cleveland Sports are terrible like I had to.
MacGregor78

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:38 am

With the costume, I went to see Return of the King opening night, and there were people there dressed up as elves and such that got in, so I can't imagine there being any reason for you not to get in. But you could still call the theater before you go and make sure.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby VultureHxC » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:16 pm

i actually know a little bit about the movie. rob zombie said he liked the first one and this is a remake but a few things have changed. he didn't like how mike myers mask and clothing were always clean, so he's going to change that (minor detail but something really overlooked). the major change is there is more of a back story into how mike myers became this way. he's adding more story of when he was a kid, his killings early on, etc. i also expect this to be really gory, in the mold of his previous two works, house of 1000 corpses and the devils rejects
VultureHxC

Unread postby jfiling » Fri Aug 24, 2007 7:41 pm

I have a good feeling about this movie. The huge leap in ability Zombie showed from 1000 Corpses (decent, but definitely a B-movie) to Devil's Rejects (simply awesome, and wrongly snubbed in the Oscars, IMHO), if it carries over, will make the new Halloween the greatest horror movie ever.

The Saw movies suck, just to get that out of the way ;)
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture