Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

The Groomsmen

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

The Groomsmen

Unread postby swerb » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:37 pm

Saw this one tonight as well (made damn good use of the Indians night off) ... not a bad film.

Directed by and starring Ed Burns, an actor I like, that not alot of other people do.

Plot line - Ed Burns is getting married to Brittany Murphy ... who is 6 mo pregnant with an unexpected kid. Burns' boys (groomsmen) all get together in the three days leading into the wedding, and basically, it's about a group of 35 yr old guys, all at different stages in their life, staring adulthood in the face.

The groomsmen are ...

Burns older brother, infertile, gaining weight, in a miserable marriage and somewhat resntful of his kid brothers coming kid and hot wife.

Childhood friend T.C., played by John Leguizamo. He's disappeared for the last 8 years, back in town now, and shocks his friends by telling them hes gay.

Jay Mohr, who plays Burns crazy cousin. It's a pretty damn good character.

And his buddy and bar owner, played superbly by Matthew Lillard, who plays a regular joe type character, with a family and two kids.

The movie basically profiles the days leading into the wedding. As someone in the same age range, that has only been married 3-4 years, it was a film I could relate to ... that I thought was well casted.

And Brittany Murphy was very hot in it.

Nothing spectacular, but you could do alot worse on a rental.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby dmiles » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:45 am

For some reason I kind of like Burns' too. I always watch that movie where the dad makes the two son's fight (is it she's the one?). Anyway I always found it interesting how was able to get some things done while a relative nobody. I am sure someone was helping him but still, it makes for a good story.
dmiles

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture