Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Anyone see "Zodiac" yet?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Anyone see "Zodiac" yet?

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:59 am

Just got it from Netflix, and I'm fired up to watch it ... especially after re=reading Mitch's review (linked below).

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... hp?id=1444

You could tell Mitch wanted to give it 3.5 or 4 footballs, but the length of the film knocked it down just a notch. I've always heard stories about the Zodiac killer, and am anxious to see the whole thing played out on the silver screen.

Anyone else see this yet?
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:20 pm

I was disappointed in this movie. Mitch was right in his review, it drags. Film is too long. He was high on it otherwise. I wasn't as much.

I think part of my problem was that I had no knowledge of the Zodiac story going in. I was expecting closure at the end of the film, and not getting any was the source of some of my frustration.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:15 pm

Thing is...in real life, there was no resolution.

But in the movie, you did get that, in the form of enough circumstantial evidence to know that they did find the killer...they just didn't get him arrested and through trial prior to his death.

Welcome to the American Justice System. Michael Vick thanks you all.

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture