Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

nice surprise movie on HBO recently

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

nice surprise movie on HBO recently

Unread postby yogi » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:00 pm

I like movies based on true and inspiring stories and when they also tell a story about one of the great leaders of the 20th century, that's a winning bonus.

The movie is "Warm Springs" and it is about FDR's time spent at the health spa in Georgia. How he dealt with rebuilding his life when stricken with polio, the back storu of Ellenor's rise to prominence, the strange relationship between FDR and Ellenor.

All very interesting stuff.

Must see for all of you historical buffs for a back-story of one (make that two) of the most influencial and significant people in our nation's history.

Kenneth Branagh is truly inspired in this performance and nail's the FDR character. Cynthia Nixon (Sex inthe City) was also surprisingly very good!
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:27 pm

I think this is a couple of years old. I remember the movie getting promoted constantly about two years ago, and I never did watch it.
dmiles

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture