Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Just saw The Thompsons.

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Just saw The Thompsons.

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:28 pm

Being a huge fan I had expectations, admittedly probably too high, so much so that no movie could meet.

In the end I liked it, I thought it was good. There was probably not more than 1 - 1.5 minutes in which you didn't laugh/chuckle. Just wasn't as many belly laugh moments as I would have hoped and expected. If this exact movie debuted 7 years ago it would be a smash, but such is life.

Could it have been better, yeah...but when looking at the fact this is an event that is years too late to begin with I am not sure what else they could have done.

Definitely worth going to see, but only once, watching it the second time would be best done at home for free or cheap.

My two cents.

Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:11 pm

I enjoyed the movie. Agree on the belly laughs, but there were still plenty to be had. The scene with the forest animals in the cabin with Marge and Homer was hysterical.

It's still going to be a smash. Early reports indicate that The Simpsons Movie is on pace for a $25 million Friday, so it might end up with over $70 million for the weekend. I went to a midnight showing last night and it was packed. I'd guess the budget wasn't too high on it either, so Fox and Groening will roll in the dough with this movie.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:24 pm

I'd guess the budget wasn't too high on it either, so Fox and Groening will roll in the dough with this movie.

When all you need is some paper, a box of crayons and a few voice overs how could the budget be high?

:roll :roll:
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:00 am

The whole Bart skateboarding scene was hysterical. Especially when Ralph Wiggam took one look at him and declared "I like men now". I roared with that one.

And the continuous jokes on "Spider Pig" were hilarious. Did anyone stay for the end credits when the full choir sung it? Also for all the fake names they put up? Longest. Credits. Ever.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:30 am

StewieG wrote:The whole Bart skateboarding scene was hysterical. Especially when Ralph Wiggam took one look at him and declared "I like men now". I roared with that one.

And the continuous jokes on "Spider Pig" were hilarious. Did anyone stay for the end credits when the full choir sung it? Also for all the fake names they put up? Longest. Credits. Ever.

No they weren't. I stayed behind for both of the last two Pirates movie credits. Those were looonnnnngggggg. At least The Simpsons gave you something during the credits to look at. With Pirates you just waited until the end for the additional scene.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture