Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:47 pm

Jack Bauer is going to whack a sitting president.

Think about it, it's really the only thing he hasn't done yet in 5 seasons of kicking asses and taking names. Its the only way to further advance the legend of Jack Bauer.

I can see it now, Bauer takes out 15-16 Secret Service guys, telling them all "I don't want to do this, but I have to" ... then infiltrates the White House, pumps about 6 pounds of hot lead into Logans dome, right in the Oval Office ... then gives him a Columbian Neck Tie and walks off into the sunset.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:23 pm

The city of Los Angeles once named a street after Jack Bauer in gratitude for his saving the city several times.

They had to rename it after people kept dying when they tried to cross the street.

No one crosses Jack Bauer and lives.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:09 pm

http://savemanny.blogspot.com/2006/04/7 ... work.html#

7 Ways To Use The Lessons Of "24" At Work

1. If your boss catches you shooting heroin in your office, just say its part of your cover. If he says, "What cover?" Yell "Federal Agent!" and tackle the crap out of him.

2. If you are sleeping with a beautiful European woman, be careful - she is probably a terrorist/assassin that is using you to get information to kill her next target. Continue sleeping with her, you may be able to uncover valuable information that could stop the assassination from happening!

3. Sometimes you have to kidnap your co-workers kids to get stuff done.

Lazy Co-worker: "Look Aziz, I can't get the report done by Tuesday."

Me: "Oh really? Well my men* are holding your children."

Lazy Co-Worker: "OKAY! I'll have it on your desk first thing!!"

*This reminds me, you should probably hire "some men," they are quite a useful asset. You can find great ones on Craigslist for an affordable rate.

4. If you get arrested, no matter how large or small the crime, just pretend like you have some valuable information and agree to give it up only under the condition you are given full immunity signed by the President. Don't worry they'll get him on the phone.

5. Don't be afraid to go rogue - if you think your bosses orders don't make any sense, ignore them and obey your own. In the end, your actions will be proven correct and you'll be praised for having the balls to break protocol. And not only that, at some point you'll get to steal a co-workers car!

6. If your bosses orders REALLY seem ridiculous, then chances are he's working for the enemy and your workplace has been compromised. This is when you want to inform everyone in the office that you are carrying a loaded gun. You may also want to bring "your men" into the situation at this point.

7. Is there a secure room in your office that you want to access, but can't? Find someone who does have access and cut off their thumb. (Note: Only use this tactic when the room in question is locked by a thumb scan. Actually do it anyway, its good to practice.)
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:15 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060410/tv_ ... NlYwM5NjQ-

Sutherland pacts for 3 three more years of "24"

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - "24" star Kiefer Sutherland has inked a multifaceted deal with 20th Century Fox Television.

The rich pact, which is set to begin in June, calls for the actor to continue on the hit Fox drama for three more years and includes a two-year development deal for Sutherland's soon-to-be-launched production banner.

Details on the deal were sketchy, but sources pegged the acting portion alone at more than $40 million for the three seasons, which could make Sutherland the highest-paid actor in drama series.

While the deal with Sutherland locks him in for three additional years beyond the current fifth season of "24," the 20th TV/Imagine TV-produced show so far has been picked up for one additional season.

Under the pact, Sutherland also will be elevated from a co-executive producer to executive producer on "24" next season alongside Joel Surnow, Robert Cochran, Howard Gordon and Evan Katz.

The development portion of the deal is said to include overhead and a development fund for Sutherland's company. Sutherland will hire a development executive and will begin to develop and executive produce projects for television as well the Internet and wireless devices.

Sutherland called his past five years on the show "one of the most creative and rewarding experiences in my career."

In its fifth season, "24" is enjoying some of its best ratings and critical notices. The show, which introduced the now-hot serialized thriller genre, also has become a DVD best-seller and has spawned a mobile phone series.

Sutherland's performance on "24" has earned him a Golden Globe award and four Emmy nominations.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 03, 2006 12:14 pm

Not much talk on this of late. 4 hours left, how does everyone feel about this season right now?

I'm warming up to this Logan angle, and am curious how it all wraps up. Also, Bierko probably comes back into play soon at CTU as they are bound to interogate him. And, what about Kim Bauer? I still find it odd how she was there for like 3-4 episodes, and they cast C Thomas as her lover or whatever....then she is gone. I would think C Thomas would have been hired for more than just that......maybe he is a threat? I still think somehow, someway, Kim gets brought back into this season in a "hostage" type situation (maybe C Thomas is a baddy).

And, I can't help but think there is an unknown threat still looming.....or that the Chinese situation from season 4 pops up again.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 09, 2006 3:20 pm

Wow....weasly Miles is a weasel. Who saw THAT coming?

:roll:

And let's transfer Bierko...for no other reason so that the 2,000th mole inside CTU's building can help spring him?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad President Dickface didn't swallow the Glock yesterday...I'd much rather see Jack rip his lungs out...but some of the plot devices they come up with to stretch this thing out to 24 episodes are getting ridiculous.

I'm really getting to the point that I hope they drop the "one season = one day" concept into something a little more manageable...maybe have three or four different crisis throughout the season with arcs from one to the next.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed May 10, 2006 12:50 am

They've been all over the place, that's for sure, in regard to the plot this year. I'm a little disappointed with this storyline with Logan.....I hope they save it these remaining 3 episodes.

Also, I am still miffed at what point Kim served in her return. And, what C Thomas Howell was brought on for. While you are at it, why they hired Samwise only to kill him off some 8 episodes later.

The show is signed for 3 more seasons, two of which are gauranteed to be done. I am interested to see how this one wraps up......and then wait for the DVD to watch it again and see if all this makes sense. I though Season 4 was sort of chaotic last year when watching it....but then when I watched the DVDs of it and took it all in again, it is probably my 2nd fav season to #2.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Mon May 22, 2006 10:21 pm

Consigliere wrote:And, I can't help but think there is an unknown threat still looming.....or that the Chinese situation from season 4 pops up again.

Wow.

How about the Chinese thing coming back into play? I felt at the end of last season this is how that season was going to end where Jack was taken by the Chinese....looks like they just delayed that storyline by one season.

Great stuff. I am compelled as hell to see how this new storyline plays out next year.

Somehow, I am sure the conspirators that Logan is working with will come into play with next season. Also, I still am miffed how little of a role Kim had, and C Thomas Howell as well this season.

My early guesses for the cast next year would be Ray Wise as the Pres, and recurring characters BNuchanon, Chloe, her ex-husband Maurice, Curtis, Audrey, and Karen Hayes all return......
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Mon May 22, 2006 10:31 pm

Let me add....I think Logan is back next season as well. I think he tipped the Chinese about Jack after Jack kidnapped him....somehow that will play into it....if I recall correctly he mentioned something about locking him away in "solitary".....

And what about that German agent from mid-season? Always felt that was an odd open ended character......
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 23, 2006 3:35 pm

I agree with you on the Chinese being the main point of next year's "day".

Good point on the German...if he comes back, it could be part of a more international '24', an obvious setup for the movie version that is to be set in London.

BTW...the guy playing the German spy is also the Scottish guy in "Lost"...who is supposed to be back in the finale.

Dr. Romano and his evil cartel will also play a prominate role next year. Hopefully Jack hacks Romano apart with an Apache Helicopter...perfect ER conclusion.

Maybe we'll get the ultimate movie...a film with Jack Bauer and James Bond.

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 24, 2006 4:40 pm

Great ending. Great show.

Jan '07 ... Sopranos and 24 start back up. Boo-yah.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:09 am

Some news and spoilers on the 24 front, my all-time favorite show.

Just heard that Jason Stratham (sp), the guy from The Transporter movies, is supposedly inked to be in Season 6. Sweet. I always love this guy in action movies.

Also, I believe Peter MacNicol is inked as well to act as some goverment agent, as is Regina King. Also, the new Pres is supposed to be a JFK-like character, and Logan is supposed to play into things as well (my guess is Logan appears early, as he'll be the one who tipped the Chinese, and therefore he is the only one who knows where Jack is being taken.

Also, a deal has been inked to bring 24 to the big screen, and supposedlyt the movie will not follow any current or past plots (so you don't have to watch the show to understand things). Could make for a return of Palmer, Tony, Michelle and others....
consigliere

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture