Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:16 pm

Best non-HBO show on television, hands down.

Each season gets more implausible and unrealistic, but I am on the edge of my fucking seat regardless. Great, great television show. I have never missed an episode, and it is one show my wife and I can actually sit down and both enjoy.

Guy who plays Logan is a great actor. Kiefer is awesome as Bauer, and I love Chloe.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jan 20, 2006 5:41 pm

Swerb wrote:Best non-HBO show on television, hands down.

Totally agree. Speaking of HBO, I thought Rome was pretty sweet. Also, loved Deadwood. McShane as Al Swarengen was brilliant. One of the best bad guys ever on TV. Sopranos come back in March (about fucking time).

Each season gets more implausible and unrealistic, but I am on the edge of my fucking seat regardless.

Yeah, some of the stuff is totally unrealistic.....but that's action TV/movies for you. If they made things too realistic, it would be quite boring. I still think some of the storylines they come up with are pretty good. There may be a few plot issues along the way, or believable incidents.....but I think the characters are great on the show, the acting superb, and the writing for the most part solid.

And yes, by the end of the show I'm as tense as hell. I remember last year when they shot down Air Force One I was like "Did they really do that?" and was pissed to see the timer cound to the start of the next hour and the show end. They always leave you hanging....and the show is nonstop action.

Guy who plays Logan is a great actor. Kiefer is awesome as Bauer, and I love Chloe.

I like Bernard as Tony as well. Glad to see he survived the "kill off" of recurring characters (Palmer and Michelle getting whacked). TV Guide mentioned it was a last minute decision NOT to also whack Tony. He was supposed to be in the car when it blew up.....but they changed it and he'll figure into things later in the day.

I think Chloe is great as well.....very strange chick though. Some of the most unusual facial expressions, and not a great thing to look at. They need to get Cuthbert back as Kim. :P :twisted:
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Guest » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:09 pm

Best show on TV, period.
I also havent missed an episode.
Jack is one bad mother.

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:23 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertain ... 1248.story

Sutherland backs idea of `24' for the big screen

By Daniel Fienberg, Zap2it
com
Published January 20, 2006

LOS ANGELES -- Since 2001, Kiefer Sutherland's dedicated CTU agent Jack Bauer has dedicated his life to saving America and its designated leaders on Fox's Emmy-winning drama "24." Might Jack's next challenge be figuring out how to protect the domestic box office from rumors of a slump?

Speaking with reporters at the semi-annual Television Critics Association press tour, Sutherland reiterated his long-expressed enthusiasm for bringing "24" to the big screen at some point, perhaps in the not-too-distant future.

"It's certainly something that I have expressed an incredible amount of interest in doing," Sutherland says. "It is something that (producers) Joel (Surnow) and Howard (Gordon) and Bob (Cochran) and -- we've all talked about. One of the real difficulties, and Joel's expressed it in a number of interviews, is that any time they got really close to having a great idea for having a film, we needed it for Episode 18, so there it went."

The fifth season of "24" began Sunday night, and viewers flocked to Fox to find out what national calamity would force Jack to resurface after faking his own death at the end of last season's chaotic day of work. Preliminary ratings had "24" drawing a record 16.2 million viewers, many of whom are still buzzing over the shocking opening minutes, which featured the deaths of a pair of beloved supporting characters.

Casualties aside, though, the only currently indispensable character for a feature would be Sutherland's Jack, who has protected the world from bombs, viruses and other myriad catastrophes.

"I love playing the character, and it's something I care an awful lot about," Sutherland says.

One major problem with a possible "24" feature is Jack Bauer's tendency to require precisely 1,440 minutes to save the world from the brink of disaster. Barring a Warhol-esque marathon, a theatrical film might have to be closer to 120 minutes. Would a single day in Jack's life be edited down to two hours? Would Jack just be put on a tighter deadline for a big screen adventure?

"There are some real-time aspects that are certainly presenting challenges," says Sutherland, chuckling.
consigliere

Unread postby lynch011 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:26 pm

Haven't seen one episode of 24, but wanted to weigh in on the HBO talk. First off, Rome may well have been the best series on HBO ever!! What an epic series, can't wait for next year when Marc Antony takes over the empire. Next. I would like to start a boycott of the new Sopranos. I mean when was the last year of the Sopranos?? I think it was the year after I graduated from high school, but I can't remember!!:) What a joke!! Give me more Rome, The Wire, and Curb Your Enthusiam (1st year type). Didn't get into Deadwood, but I may try to catch up on it by watching it on DVD (I would think its on DVD.)
GO MICHIGAN!!!
lynch011
Buckeye Playa Hater

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:50 pm

Thats great news Consig, would love to see 24 on the big screen.

Should be interesting to see how things unfold this season.

Who is the mole in CTU? I say the guy that was banging Chloe to start the 1st episode.

Walt the White House mole will be exposed soon enough.

Which likable character will Jack have to kill to achieve his ultimate goal?

How long will it take Tony to recover from the car bomb, and how many asses will he kick avenging Michelles death? The guy got shot in the face and survived last season, and now survives a car bomb.

Is Logan involved at all? How will things shake down with his wife?

And how about Samwise Gamgi from Lord of the Rings (Sean Astin) as the new CTU corporate assigned boss. Astin is a great actor, initially seemed ill suited for the role, but my guess is that we're talking about what a great job hes done a couple months from now.

Can't wait till Monday night ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:53 pm

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:58 am

Is there a mole in CTU? I'm not sure. Although, something tells me Sean Astin's character may end up a baddie somehow. I think he'll figure into this thing bigtime. The guy banging on psycho chick Chloe seems to obvious.

As with previous seasons, we'll see some storylines wrap up in hours 10-12....and then the real threat expose itself after.

I can't wait until Tony wakes up from the injury. In the preview after the 4th hour Monday Night, they showed scenes from the rest of the season....and one scene has Jack in a hospital blasting someone. A person was in a bed in the scene.....Tony? I have to believe Tony kicks some ass avenging Michelle's death (sad to see her go).

At first I thought Logan was involved, but when Walt was exposed, I think Logan is just clueless to what is going on. Too caught up in his image and attaching a defining moment to his administration.

I'm wondering how/if the Chinese somehow get involved in this. That is an unresolved storyline from last season......they thought Bauer was dead....but could all this somehow be an elaborate plot to bring Bauer out of hiding and prove he is alive?
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

My guesses.

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:21 pm

Who is the mole in CTU? I say the guy that was banging Chloe to start the 1st episode.

As noted on the OBR boards, I had that one pegged.

Walt the White House mole will be exposed soon enough.

As the scenes showed, it's next week. I'm interested in how he tries to justify it, and if that spineless, clueless fuck Logan will believe him.

Which likable character will Jack have to kill to achieve his ultimate goal?

Early favorites would be Mike (poor man's Hume Cronyn...I love how they've always called him that on TelevisionWithoutPity), and Samwise McGill.

How long will it take Tony to recover from the car bomb, and how many asses will he kick avenging Michelles death? The guy got shot in the face and survived last season, and now survives a car bomb.

I get the feeling he won't be kicking ass, but he will be up and about in several hours...er...episodes and will be assisting from headquarters...giving him a chance to shoot someone at CTU to save Jack's life.

Is Logan involved at all?

Nah...too stupid.

How will things shake down with his wife?

They've already given up in the previews that she lives through the suicide attempt, so I get the feeling she'll be the 'damsel in distress' for Jack to save. Which might even be the reason Logan is after Jack next week. We see the chopper come after Jack, Mike's denials of betrayal, and Jack getting cuffed on Logan's orders. Does Walt go gonzo and take Mrs Logan and her cleavage hostage? (we've gone from Elizabeth Cutberth's boobs to Jean Smart's ...what a fucking comedown).

And how about Samwise Gamgi from Lord of the Rings (Sean Astin) as the new CTU corporate assigned boss. Astin is a great actor, initially seemed ill suited for the role, but my guess is that we're talking about what a great job hes done a couple months from now.
Can't wait till Monday night ...[/quote]

I agree...but I still think he'll go the way of Mason and Chappelle

Unread postby Kronus » Wed Jan 25, 2006 8:26 pm

Swerb wrote:Best non-HBO show on television, hands down.

Each season gets more implausible and unrealistic, but I am on the edge of my fucking seat regardless. Great, great television show. I have never missed an episode, and it is one show my wife and I can actually sit down and both enjoy.

Agree with Swerb.

I don't watch it real time, however, I catch it on DVD.

I started with season three (which is my favorite, so far) and then on to seasons one and two. I am now two-thirds through season four. And while some things have me shaking my head about plausability, it still grips me.

I have a friend at work who has watched one season all at once, and also one season in the exact time period it was filmed. He is a sick man.

Jack Bauer for President, and Tonly Alameida for VP---that's the ticket.
Kronus

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:48 am

Anyone have a guess who the person was they showed (in the previews for next week) a glimpse of coming from behind that bed with their hands above their head when Jack had a gun pointed at them?

Looked like a woman with short dark hair.

Nina? I forgot WTF happened to her last season. Did she die? Could they possibly bring her back again?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:53 pm

Swerb wrote:Anyone have a guess who the person was they showed (in the previews for next week) a glimpse of coming from behind that bed with their hands above their head when Jack had a gun pointed at them?

Looked like a woman with short dark hair.

Nina? I forgot WTF happened to her last season. Did she die? Could they possibly bring her back again?

No, Nina died in Season 3. Jack but about 5 bullets in her head.

I think the chick is one of two people: Kim Bauer or "Mandy."

"Mandy" for those who are fans of the show is the chick who in Season 1 killed the dude in the first episode on the plane and parachuted out and blew it up. She also appeared at the end of Season 2 trying to assasinate Palmer in the last episode by putting a lethal substance on her hands when she greeted him. Also, she was in Season 4 late. She's always been a hired gun, and could reappear on the show.

As for Kim Bauer, I'd love it for nothing more than to see Cuthbert's breasts back in action. :D

My money is on it being Kim. They talked about her in bits and pieces this season, and I could swear they are setting her up for a return in a small role (4-5 episodes).
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:40 pm

I hope it's Kim, thats for damn sure

What about Sherry Palmer?

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:54 pm

Sherry Palmer also got wasted in Season 3.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:18 pm

I dont think Sherry Palmer was confirmed dead.
I could be wrong.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:18 am

FightDr wrote:I dont think Sherry Palmer was confirmed dead.
I could be wrong.

I was pretty certain she was dead, got killed by David Palmer's brother's lover.

http://www.fox.com/24/episodes/season3/11am.htm

Although the argument seems persuasive, Julia plugs two shots into Sherry and kills her. Julia then turns the gun on herself and takes her own life. Tears rush down Wayne’s cheeks as he cradles Julia’s dead body.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:37 am

A few facts about Jack Bauer:

- If you can lead a horse to water. Jack Bauer can make him drink.

- If Jack Bauer was in a room with Hitler, Stalin, and Nina Meyers, and he had a gun with 2 bullets, he'd shoot Nina twice.

- If you wake up in the morning, it's because Jack Bauer spared your life.

- Upon hearing that he was played by Kiefer Sutherland, Jack Bauer killed Sutherland. Jack Bauer gets played by no man.

- Osama bin Laden's recent proposal for a truce is a direct result of him finding out that Jack Bauer is, in fact, still alive.

- Jack Bauer once forgot where he put his keys. He then spent the next half-hour torturing himself until he gave up the location of the keys.

- Jack Bauer was never addicted to heroin. Heroin was addicted to Jack Bauer.

- 1.6 billion Chinese are angry with Jack Bauer. Sounds like a fair fight.

- Jack Bauer killed 93 people in just 4 days. Wait, that is a real fact.

- Jack Bauer doesn't miss. If he didn't hit you it's because he was shooting at another terrorist twelve miles away.

- Jack Bauer let the dogs out.

- Superman wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

- Jack Bauer's favorite color is severe terror alert red. His second favorite color is violet, but just because it sounds like violent.

- If Jack and MacGyver were locked in a room together, Jack would make a bomb out of MacGyver and get out.

- Jack Bauer played Russian Roulette with a fully loaded gun and won.

- Lets get one thing straight, the only reason you are conscious right now is because Jack Bauer does not feel like carrying you.

- Jack Bauer got Helen Keller to talk.

- When life gave Jack Bauer lemons, he used them to kill terrorists. Jack Bauer hates lemonade.

- When you open a can of whoop-ass, Jack Bauer jumps out.

- Killing Jack Bauer doesn't make him dead. It just makes him angry.

- The quickest way to a man's heart is through Jack Bauer's gun.

- Jack Bauer can get McDonald's breakfast after 10:30.

- Jack Bauer is the leading cause of death in Middle Eastern men.

- People with amnesia still remember Jack Bauer.

- Jack Bauer once won a game of Connect 4 in 3 moves.

- Jack Bauer has been to Mars. That's why there’s no life on Mars.

- When the boogie man goes to sleep, he checks his closet for Jack Bauer

- Simon Says should be renamed to Jack Bauer Says because if Jack Bauer says something then you better do it.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby OmegaMan » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:20 pm

The more I think about it, the more I think the woman is probably Kim. She's supposed to make an appearance on the show at some point and this is probably the right spot.

She's only good for one thing, though, and they really don't feature it in the show....
OmegaMan

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Feb 06, 2006 5:31 pm

I still say the girl is Kim.

But, today I was watching Season 4 on A&E, and a dark horse could be that Sara chick from last year. She was the one Driscoll tortured who turned out to be inncocent, then after the mess up Sara demanded Driscoll expunge the arrest from her record and get as 2 pay grade raise....she tried the shit later in the show when Michelle returned and Michelle fired her.....and while leaving, Sara was yelling "You won't forget this....you'll be sorry!"

Doubt she plays into this season or in the future since she was a minor character.....but just throwing that out there.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:47 am

Well, give them credit, we ALL bit on that red herring.

However, after that, there were several developments that you could see a mile away.

Walt's suicide.

Russian terrorist blowing away Motorcycle Ted after he finished his machinework.

Samwise McGill having problems with his junkie sister (why do they ALWAYS have CTU heads having family member problems?)

And I figured the 15 year old sex slave would either take a leap out the window or blow away HanKKK's uncle (OBR Rant reference).

And now next week we appear to have the proverbial "Jack gets caught up with the bad guys and must do bad things" part of the day.

Still great anyway. I get the feeling that these Eurotrashes will be taken care of shortly, and then they'll get on to the next threat brought about by the mysterious mastermind Walt was always talking with. (Who will probably kidnap Kim...d'oh!)

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:00 am

Yeah, we just finished hour 7......usually, around hour 12 they wrap things up and then get to the main threat.

One thing was confirmed though, and that is it appears they are setting up a return of Kim.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:56 pm

Was at the Cavs game last night, and the wife forgot to tape the 1st half hour. Appeared to be a pretty slow episode.

~Cummings killing himself was not surprising, though I thought he would be killed by Jack or the SS in an act of desperation. Was Cummings killed though? And set up to make it look like a suicide?

~Where is Almaida? About time to unleash his ass. Any chance he goes bad/rogue, or returns to being an alkie once he returns?

~Russian sex slave is clear foreshadowing for a return of Kim, likely in the next 2-3 episodes.

~Somethings gonna go down with Edgar, and they appear to be working the "he has a crush on Chloe angle" hard.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:32 pm

I got the same impression with CUmmings....that someone hung him. But, it didn't appear they were worried about a possible threat running rampant.

As for Kim, you missed the first half hour, but Jack and Audrey talked specifically about her like two times.....Jack instructed her to call Kim and get in tough with her, so much that he wants her to be brought to CTU. So, somewhere down the line, Cuthbert returns (YES!).

And with Tony, I would think very soon he'll be waking up. He'll get his chance to kick ass soon enough. They didn't spare his life to have him in a coma for the whole show....he'll figure into all this somehow in the end.

I still think the chinese somehow get involved in this. They wanted Jack's ass bad last year.....and I think the Chinese are involved somehow. Also, it will be interesting to find out who turns out to be the one who knew Jack was alive.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:18 pm

Should be an interesting episode tonight after last weeks snoozer.

Any predictions? Kim, Almaida unveiled this week? What episode out of 24 are we on?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:58 pm

I don't think anything new or shocking happens this episode.

Jacks gets caught (again)...or maybe it's just caught up in the middle of the ruskietrash's plot...Logan pussies out by listening to the wrong people and gives a thumbs up to allowing the release of one cannister...which Jack will ignore, pissing off Logan until it turns out that Jack succeeds...but loses track of Ivan once again.

Kim won't appear until next Monday. And I think Tony is out of it until he makes a "special appearance" in the last four episodes, just like Palmer did last year.

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 14, 2006 9:03 am

We could have easily seen the last of Samwise as an effective leader last night, as the Pres put the heat on him for Bauer for disobeying the order. Buchanan, The Annoying Twit, Chloe, Edgar ... all like Jack, and will rebel against Gamgee's likely new hard line stance to apprehend Bauer.

Not even a healthy portion of Elvin Bread could prevent the now inevitable melt down from that fat little fucker.

My guess is that Bauer ends up killing him at some point. Hopefully soon.

And Mitch, you're starting to scare me. Are you one of the writers for the show?

Posted yesterday at 4 PM ....

I don't think anything new or shocking happens this episode.

Jacks gets caught (again)...or maybe it's just caught up in the middle of the ruskietrash's plot...Logan pussies out by listening to the wrong people and gives a thumbs up to allowing the release of one cannister...which Jack will ignore, pissing off Logan until it turns out that Jack succeeds...but loses track of Ivan once again.

Kim won't appear until next Monday. And I think Tony is out of it until he makes a "special appearance" in the last four episodes, just like Palmer did last year.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:32 am

It's just what happens when you watch it for four straight seasons.

But now I think I'm wrong about Kim. With Peter Weller showing up next week as Jack's first mentor, and them having to dodge a death warrant signed by the sacless Logan against Weller...it will be a couple more episodes before Kim and her boobage show up.

I made mention of the VP on OBR, but that brings up a point. I don't think Logan will make it through the season. I think at some point he totally loses it just like the president did in Clancy's Sum of All Fears (the book...not the shitty movie), and he gets replaced.

Something running through my beer sopped mind about Lynn McGill hitting him with a frying pan muttering something about his "gaffer"?

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:19 am

I love it. Samwise the Brave has gone apeshit on CTU. Great stuff. And the guy that plays Logan is great.....show took a twist tonight, and a new threat emerges. You just know they are setting up a big fall for Goonie Boy in the next week or two....

After a sluggish show last week, tonight picked up the pace again. I love "a-hole" characters. From Sherry Palmer, to Logan and now Lin McGill.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:46 pm

Well now Swerb can stop thinking I'm a writer for the show...cause I missed it badly on predicting Peter Weller making his appearance this week.

SamWise McGill badly needs an enema.

Logan is the biggest pussy ever. Carter was damn near Reaganesque next to him.

At least from the previews, it looks like Curtis leads the mutiny against the whacked out Hobbit next week.

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:03 pm

The shits gotta hit the fan soon here. If I had to guess, I would say that things start to get real interesting with some wild plot twists coming soon.

The show so far has been a cycle of new bad guys emerging, then being neutralized by Bauer, with the authorities trying to apprehend Bauer throughout almost all of it.

I'm on the fence as to how big of a role the nerve gas ends up playing. Is it a decoy/diversion to a bigger threat, a la past seasons? Or will the nerve gas once targeted at Moscow come into play in the states? Or will some other, unrelated, not yet revealed bad guy seize control of this nerve gas and set in motion something truly evil with it?

In a stunning revelation, bad guy turned guilt ridden Nathanson revealed just before dying that there is another mole. Who is it? The chip he gave Bauer on his deathbed was written with DOD software. Is Audrey the mole? Thats my guess. Her or maybe her old man the former Sec of Defense. Mike Novick? Wayne Palmer? Those are also possibilities.

The missing CTU key card also will loom huge. My guess is that his admission he lost it will continue to accelerate Samwise Gamgee's circling of the drain, and Jack will have to kill several people, including the hobbit's sister and strung out boyfriend to obtain it. OR ... they sell it off for drug $$$ to some bad guy that will wreak havoc with it.

How bout Bauer taking out Curtis, a deadly trained field agent built like a linebacker, with one punch. No one holds grudges against Jack Bauer, and Curtis should be back to blind loyalty to Jack before the swelling reduces. I can just picture him saying "Oh that silly Jack ... he got me again".

And how bout Bauer taking out four dudes with machine guns AND a helicopter with a hand gun?

Still no Almaida, still no Kim. Logan is a chickenshit. And I love Buchanan as an actor an a character.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:32 pm

Swerb wrote:The missing CTU key card also will loom huge. My guess is that his admission he lost it will continue to accelerate Samwise Gamgee's circling of the drain, and Jack will have to kill several people, including the hobbit's sister and strung out boyfriend to obtain it. OR ... they sell it off for drug $$$ to some bad guy that will wreak havoc with it.

I agree with the latter. Sleezoid boyfriend is going to sell it to a baddie to be named later and cause all kinds of nasty shit.

With the possiblity of Samwise Queeq getting Blyed on the next episode, it may end up that Jack has to get him out of custody and drag him around to find CrackHoSis and get the card back...during which Gamgee gets Boromired.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:40 am

Swerb wrote:I'm on the fence as to how big of a role the nerve gas ends up playing. Is it a decoy/diversion to a bigger threat, a la past seasons? Or will the nerve gas once targeted at Moscow come into play in the states? Or will some other, unrelated, not yet revealed bad guy seize control of this nerve gas and set in motion something truly evil with it?

Going by how past seasons have played out, the nerve gas thingy will be resolved in 3-4 episodes. The REAL threat will be revealed right after they think they are in the clear after securing the nerve gas. We just finished up hour nine of the new season....so the timing is about right for the first half of the season to climax and set the stage for the second half.

In a stunning revelation, bad guy turned guilt ridden Nathanson revealed just before dying that there is another mole. Who is it? The chip he gave Bauer on his deathbed was written with DOD software. Is Audrey the mole? Thats my guess. Her or maybe her old man the former Sec of Defense. Mike Novick? Wayne Palmer? Those are also possibilities.

That's what I am thinking. jack still doesn't know whoelse knew he was alive. Maybe Audrey still has some anger issues with Jack letting Paul Raines die in Season 4.....dunno. Is it possible Kim is psycho chick now? She's going to play into this somehow....and in the previews for next week they show some chick knocking Jack out with the voice over saying "betrayal."

The missing CTU key card also will loom huge. My guess is that his admission he lost it will continue to accelerate Samwise Gamgee's circling of the drain, and Jack will have to kill several people, including the hobbit's sister and strung out boyfriend to obtain it. OR ... they sell it off for drug $$$ to some bad guy that will wreak havoc with it.

I think the missing key card, combined with the "whacked out Hobbit" (LOL Mitch) totally losing it is what gets him removed from CTU. Hell, maybe Samwise is the mole! The whole crazy act might be a distraction tactic.

BTW, have we seen the Vice President in any of this yet? Interesting we have not been introduced to his character yet.....

And how bout Bauer taking out four dudes with machine guns AND a helicopter with a hand gun?

Jack Bauer for President.

Still no Almaida, still no Kim. Logan is a chickenshit. And I love Buchanan as an actor an a character.

We'll see Tony and Kim at some point. I'm still curious how Kim figures into this.....and Tony as well. I think we are an episode or two away from Tony waking and getting involved.

The guy that plays Logan is brilliant. I have been watching season 4 on A&E, and they just aired hours 17-20 of that season when he took over after Air Force One was shot down.....the guy is just great in the role. That episode where he had Jack arrested, realized he screwed up and called David Palmer for help, and Chloe blazing down a truck with a machine gune ranks up as one of the best 24 episodes of all time. I still feel the best ever episoder might be from Season 2 when the coup d'etat was carried out and Palmer was removed from office. That was an intense episode, of which should be airing soon on A&E as well as on Sundays they show Season 2 and I think they are on hour 10 right now (I've been TIVOing all 24 on A&E and watching the old episodes in order).
Last edited by consigliere on Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:42 am

And may I add, anyone else think the new baddie this week could pass off as Jeremy Irons brother? Geeze. I was waiting for him to break out in his "Simon" shtick from Die Hard.
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:52 am

I just saw this:

** Spolier ALERT***

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cg ... 60213fox01

All I have to say is WOW. What a fucking cast. I won't say any of the plot mentioned in this article, but it is nice to see Kim verified as returned....and Devane returns as Secretary Heller, and C Thomas "Wolverines!" Howell? Awesome. Peter "Robocop" Weller is a nice touch as well......

A special 2 hour show on March 6th is awesome.....looks to wrap up the first half of the season.

EDIT: Ray Wise is also coming on board...what is this, a Robocop reunion? :lol:
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:35 pm

Thanks for the link.

Ray Wise as the VP, eh? I made mention several posts ago in this thread wondering where the VP was in all this mess.

Just re-affirms to me that I don't think PrezGutless makes it through the day. It's only a question of whether he's replaced after he totally melts down, or he bites the big one.

I'd personally like to see him get the "Airplane" treatment...as in, strapped down to a chair while the entire cast takes turns slapping the shit out of him due to his hysterics.

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:00 pm

Mitch wrote:I'd personally like to see him get the "Airplane" treatment...as in, strapped down to a chair while the entire cast takes turns slapping the shit out of him due to his hysterics.

Can the whacked out Hobbit be strapped along side of him?
consigliere

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:48 pm

Most common line in 24: "We're/I'm running out of time."

ANyway, way to go Curtis, you ended the reign of terror from Samwise. Something tells me though, we haven't seen the last of him. This 2 hour show this Monday I am thinking should get this thing rolling for the second half of the show. Logan is such a pussy, someone at some point is going to take over for him.

And, I am calling it now: Kim bites the big one this season.
consigliere

Unread postby Guest » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:56 pm

Consigliere wrote:Anyway, way to go Curtis, you ended the reign of terror from Samwise. Something tells me though, we haven't seen the last of him. This 2 hour show this Monday I am thinking should get this thing rolling for the second half of the show. Logan is such a pussy, someone at some point is going to take over for him.

And, I am calling it now: Kim bites the big one this season.

I think you're right about Samwise. That stolen card from trailertrash sis and her pimp is going to crop back up.

Barry McBride made an excellent point about pussyLogan's request for Mike to "pray with him" while he allowed his wife to die (he thought) was a shout out to when Nixon had Kissinger pray with him right before he resigned.

And remember my comments about Ray Wise showing up in the next few episodes as the VP. Logan either gets whacked by someone...does it himself...or gets replaced. No way he's President at the end of the season.

Kim biting it? Ballsy call, but you can never tell. I loved the preview spot that just for a second showed a VERY pissed off Tony taking off his bandage.

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:33 pm

Just saw an ad for "24-The Game" in a mag for PS2.

One of the tag lines was "experience the untold story beyween Season 2 and 3." Interesting. I may have to rent this game and play just to find out. As I recall, at the end of Season 2 an attempt was made on Palmer's life by Mandy when she greeted him in the crowd and had that lethal substance on her hands. Also, Jack went undercover sometime with Giael and Tony to get intel on the Columbian (??) druglord whom we see Jack in prison with to start season 3.

Just finished watching Season 4 on A&E, and half-way through Season 2 as well and through the first 4 episodes in Season 1. Amazing how even though you remember bits and pieces how much you forget, especially from Season 1 and 2. Can't wait till Season 2 finishes, so Season 3 starts re-airing.
consigliere

Unread postby 80sBoy » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:21 pm

I can't believe they freaking killed off Edgar.
80sBoy

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:53 pm

Dude, that sucked. I never saw that one coming (except for in the last minute as it was obvious).

Okay, anyone see a conflict with Tony and Henderson on the horizon? If I saw it right, Henderson was taken to the same room Tony is going to be in. Tony thinks it was Henderson who killed Michelle, so you know Tony is going to threaten his life before CTU and Jack can extract it from Henderson.

How about Samwise' crackwhore sister biting it? Nice. That chick was disgusting to look at. On the other hand, nice to see the eye candy Cuthbert return. How will C Thomas Howell play into this? Is he going to be a weasle? Two good episodes last night......and I wonder if the VP is the "other" mole in the White House. Ray Wise typically plays dick characters.....
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:04 pm

GREAT freaking episodes last night. This is the tyoe of catalyst episode I've seen in previous seasons that leads to ALL HELL breaking loose.

~Edgar dying in the end
~Jack and Kim reuniting
~Jack capping Henderson's wife in the leg
~The Bad Guys getting into CTU and letting off the nerve gas
~The first appearance of the VP, who is just as much of a radical as Logan is a pussy
~Amlaida returns, and he's uh ... a little pissed

Kim's new geeky goateed boyfriend seems a little too fishy for my liking. My guess? Jack kills him within 4-5 episodes.

And Almaida being locked in the same room with the cat that spearheaded Michelle's murder? Holy shit! Don't miss next week.

What a great show.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:14 pm

Fuck me. Edgar last week.....Samwise and Tony this week. Wow. They are just killing off everyone this season with ties to previous seasons....Palmer, Dessler, Cummings, Almeida, Edgar....who's next? Kim or Audrey?

Wow. Losing Tony sort of pisses me off. One of the only originals left....well, Kim is an original.....but besides Jack, only one person is left who has been in all five seasons ....and you might be surprised who that person is.
consigliere

Unread postby gumby30 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:09 pm

Its either Mike or aaron
gumby30

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:15 pm

Good call Gumbo....would you believe that outside of Jack, now that Tony and Palmer are dead, Secret Service Agent Aaron Pierce is the only other character to be in all five seasons.
consigliere

Unread postby gumby30 » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:17 pm

Where is my prize???
gumby30

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:47 pm

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:12 pm

Audrey Raines is still a terrorist. I'm calling my shot.

Women are Bauer's only weakness. The man teases death, and is a killing machine ... but can't read women to save his ass.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby consigliere » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:53 pm

Ok, so anyone a little ticked or shocked that Logan is the one behind all this? Interesting angle Surnow took with this.....maybe Logan has been playing the pussy all along and manipulating everyone by making them feel he is incompetent to hide his true intentions.

I am unsure about this storyline twist though, I need to see what comes of this and the reasonings behind why logan would do such a thing first. Hopefully next episode answers a lot of these questions.

Swerb wrote:Audrey Raines is still a terrorist. I'm calling my shot.

Women are Bauer's only weakness. The man teases death, and is a killing machine ... but can't read women to save his ass.

BTW, I heard she got a gig with another show, so this is her last season on 24.....so expect her to be killed off somehow.
consigliere

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:47 pm

Jack Bauer is going to whack a sitting president.

Think about it, it's really the only thing he hasn't done yet in 5 seasons of kicking asses and taking names. Its the only way to further advance the legend of Jack Bauer.

I can see it now, Bauer takes out 15-16 Secret Service guys, telling them all "I don't want to do this, but I have to" ... then infiltrates the White House, pumps about 6 pounds of hot lead into Logans dome, right in the Oval Office ... then gives him a Columbian Neck Tie and walks off into the sunset.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture