Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Robot Chicken

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Robot Chicken

Unread postby buddycowley » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:21 pm

Not sure how many people are Adult Swim watchers around here, but I'll tell you, the Robot Chicken show is absolutely hilarious.

I never took to any of the other shows on the late night Cartoon Network, namely Aqua Teen Hunger Force (still don't think it is that great). I know people that are positively addicted to all the shows, but I've barely seen 10 minutes of any of them.

However, Robot Chicken is great.

First, it has nothing to do with either Robots or Chickens, or a Robot Chicken either. Several quick hitting sketches, all done with claymation or with dolls.

The show is really only 10-15 minutes long, but there are easily 20-25 different quick hitters in the show. Rumor has it they did a Star Wars episode that George Lucas is a part of as well.

I recommend setting your DVRs to record an episode or two of this show. I believe you can find it at 9PM some nights. I've started setting the DVR to record a couple minutes early and late to prevent parts of the show getting cut off.

Hilarious show, and highly recommended.

Buddy
Can speak French...in Russian
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby BruceK » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:08 pm

and if you go to

http://www.adultswim.com/index2.html

you can watch it online
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Tue Jun 26, 2007 4:40 pm

They did do a Star Wars episode that was a full half hour. It debuted a little over a week ago and can be watched at adultswim.com.

That and The Venture Bros. are the only two original adult swim shows that I like. I also tune in most nights to watch Futurama even though I own the whole series on DVD. I can't get enough of that show and look forward to the new episodes on Comedy Central next year.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Thanks for the heads up Crowley, I'll have to check it out.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby livinthesportslife » Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:56 pm

Robot Chicken is amazing. There was an episode previous to the one that was all Star Wars that involved the Emperor. He was entertaining some guests when Darth Vader called to tell him the Death Star blew up. It was priceless.
livinthesportslife

Unread postby StewieG » Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:20 pm

Yeah, that's a great skit.

Here it is, for those who haven't seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZvyx9NXlAk
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture