Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:52 pm

Do your life a favor and don't bother.

Half way through the movie it made my worst movies ever list.

They just don't seem to be able to make scary movies like they used to, no matter how much technology, special effects and money they use.

When it comes to scaring the viewer nothing works better than realism and using scenarios that actually have a chance of happening in our lives.

I give it 3 fumbles and a botched PAT.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby StewieG » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:34 pm

I didn't see it, but I've never been impressed with Stephen King novels that made the transition to the big screen (with the exception of Stand By Me, and to a lesser extent, The Green Mile. But those were both more realistic than psychedelic).

It, Pet Cemetary, Rose Red, The Langoliers, and a host of others left me saying "WTF"? And that's something I hate saying when I'm leaving a theater. The Dark Tower is another excellent book series (at least so far...I'm done with book 4) but would make a terrible movie or series.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:23 am

Yeah, I agree with Stewie ... pretty much all of the Stephen King books have sucked as movies.

Green Mile was very good. Children of the Corn wasn't bad, but the second one was a joke.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby livinthesportslife » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:35 am

I'll agree that 1408 definitely could have been much better, but I don't think it was the movie's fault. We were subjected to literally 3,404,489, 393, 124 previews (approximately) a day for the movie and each one showed pretty much every scary movie in the film.

I knew what was going to happen every single time. Otherwise, it was pretty good. John Cusack was great in it. I could watch him in anything and it would automatically be at least "halfway decent".
livinthesportslife

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture