Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Wii

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Wii

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu May 31, 2007 6:58 pm

I haven't been all that into gaming over the past few years, but I picked up a Nintendo Wii last week and have been having an absolute blast with it. I also work up a sweat in many of the games I play.

It's been cool to enjoy it with friends and family. Many haven't been into games before, but the controls are alluring and many of the games are fun for groups.

Also been playing the new Zelda and enjoying that. I've gotten to enjoy all of the Zelda games of the past, often slowly working through them over months at a time (I can't sit down for hours upon hours anymore due to other commitments).

I'll admit to being a fan of Nintendo, having grown up with the NES and SNES. I even bought a Nintendo DS for Christmas and have loved that thing as well (Brain Age is one of my favorites there).

Any one else out there enjoying these systems or others?
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby jfiling » Thu May 31, 2007 9:50 pm

Honestly, the last game system I played regularly was the SNES. I have an Xbox, but it just doesn't do it for me. Someday I'm going to spend a weekend with my Madden 2005 and see what I can do, but I've had it for 2 years and have realized maybe I just don't have what it takes to bury myself in video games like I used to.

Weird thing is, if I still had my NES I'd probably be playing Super Mario Bros non-stop. Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and NHL 1995 (?!?!) were the last games I really played regularly.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:36 am

Weird thing is, if I still had my NES I'd probably be playing Super Mario Bros non-stop. Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country, and NHL 1995 (?!?!) were the last games I really played regularly.

Cool thing is that you can buy those and download them on the Wii shop and play them on the Wii. They add new titles every week so the Wii is kinda the repository of Nintendo. You can play Wii and Gamecube games off the DVD-ROM and download NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, and Turbografx-16 games. Neo Geo games will be for download soon and there's rumors that old Gameboy games may be fully colorized and updated for download.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Re: Wii

Unread postby Dozen » Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:01 am

Mr. MacPhisto wrote:I haven't been all that into gaming over the past few years, but I picked up a Nintendo Wii last week and have been having an absolute blast with it. I also work up a sweat in many of the games I play.

It's been cool to enjoy it with friends and family. Many haven't been into games before, but the controls are alluring and many of the games are fun for groups.

Also been playing the new Zelda and enjoying that. I've gotten to enjoy all of the Zelda games of the past, often slowly working through them over months at a time (I can't sit down for hours upon hours anymore due to other commitments).

I'll admit to being a fan of Nintendo, having grown up with the NES and SNES. I even bought a Nintendo DS for Christmas and have loved that thing as well (Brain Age is one of my favorites there).

Any one else out there enjoying these systems or others?

This is a great system, our family has enjoyed it alot. The new Zelda is a sweet game, my 7yr son old beat it in about 2 1/2 weeks. We just picked up Spiderman3 and this is a nice game as well.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture