Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

My new favorite sport.

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

My new favorite sport.

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:10 pm

From The Interobang.com :
With large followings in London and Berlin, chess boxing brings brains and brawn into one sport. Rounds of chess and boxing alternate until the match ends with six rounds of chess and five rounds of boxing until they win by points, knockout, or checkmate. Players wear closed-back headphones during the chess portion to avoid being distracted by the crowd but a couple of blows to the head. The sport is slowly gaining traction around the world and RZA of the Wu-Tang Clan has admitted being a fan and even recorded a song called ‘Da Mystery of Chessboxin’. Can you get better praise than that?
http://youtu.be/kK5TQSKmS3o
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Re: My new favorite sport.

Unread postby Squints » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:34 pm

If you think you like it now, wait until Gus Johnson does the play by play on Fox.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture