Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Hot Fuzz

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Hot Fuzz

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun May 13, 2007 9:47 am

Just got a chance to see this film last night. It comes from the same people who put out Shaun of the Dead a few years ago.

A great movie, maybe the best I've seen this year. It would be either this one or 300.

The film's a hilarious send-up of cop movies while also being an homage to them. Sounds strange, but it works. The humor is pretty straight forward, though it might not appeal as much to those not inclined towards the British wit. I'm an anglophile, an absolute lover of British comedy.

The film is worth seeing just for the funny action sequences and the nutty characters found in this small town setting. The plot also has a few twists and turns that create some belly laughers.

No strange coincidence to me that the two of the best films I've seen over the past year come from the Old Country. If you've yet to see The Queen then that's another to watch. Intriguing, sad, and funny simultaneously.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby mswerb » Sun May 13, 2007 10:43 am

And you paid to see this?
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 13, 2007 10:48 am

Thanks for the recommendation. I've heard good things about it, so I plan on getting out to see it at some point.

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Sun May 13, 2007 3:25 pm

mswerb wrote:And you paid to see this?

Yes. One of the few movies I've watched so far this year that I can honestly say was worth the eight bucks.

Spiderman 3 certainly wasn't, though none of the Spiderman movies has impressed me much. Still, this past one was the worst of the lot - the first one was the best even with its Power Rangers action sequences.

300 & Hot Fuzz are definitely the two best I've seen this year.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture