Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Bootlegged movie linked to the Howard Stern Show

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Bootlegged movie linked to the Howard Stern Show

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:06 am

http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/pirated-super-8-print-points-back-to-howard-stern-show/

Howard's always asking for advance screener copies of the latest films, and it really pays off in his interviews with directors and actors when they stop by and he can get pretty in-depth in his conversations with them. Plus, if he likes something, he'll hype it endlessly as a fan...he's a great promoter in that regard.

Apparently, a copy of "Super 8" was given to the show back in June, and it was watermarked with a "HS" for his show for identification/ theft prevention purposes. Well, that's the version that's now making its rounds, so it's pretty clear someone affiliated with the show is involved.

I've heard him complain before when studios don't send advance screeners, so now that one for this movie has been bootlegged, he is going to be mighty pissed. It could really damage his and the show's credibility. If he's actually live Monday morning (he's taken so many vacation days this summer!), I'll be sure to listen right at 6:00 AM, because I imagine he's going to have to address this and try to get to the bottom of it. Maybe he'll actually really fire somebody this time. (Or he'll just figure out a way to make it Baba Booey's fault, like usual.)
Adverb Harry

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo, Bud Selig

Re: Bootlegged movie linked to the Howard Stern Show

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:47 pm

There are about 20 copies of a Super 8 screener floating around The Pirate Bay and BT Junkie. I don't see any of them openly advertise being from Stern's show. But these things happen, in just a few minutes you can burn the screener and put it up on the interwebs.

I use torrent sites quite a lot, if I download a movie and i like it, I end up buying the Blu-Ray version anyway.

I've never subscribed to Sirius, so I haven't heard too much of his so except for the clips on YouTube. from what I gather many fans are saying his show is just on cruise control until his contract expires in 2015. He needs to find some comedian to fill Artie's chair, he brought the funny. Greg Fitzsimmons or Nick DiPaolo would be my pick. There's too much Robin and her annoying cackling. STern's worst show is still better than those Opie and Anthony guys, I cannot stand them...... but I am a fan of many of the comedians they have on.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:01 pm

I definitely get what you're saying about his show being on cruise control...he pretty much just puts in his contracted 6:00-10:00 AM slot now without going over, but I've actually thought that since he's started his new contract in January, he seems to have a little more energy and focus than the last couple years. Maybe his reduced time is helping in his old age.

With that said, a new sidekick would be nice. I actually got pretty tired of Artie's act his last couple of years. So much of the show seemed to be about him and his issues, and it was pretty obvious he was heading toward a bad fate at some point, although I doubt anybody expected him to do what he did. I agree Fitzsimmons would be great. For a while, I thought maybe they were grooming him to take over for Artie, but I guess not. They need a comedic voice in there, though, because too much of that void is being filled by Benjy and Ronnie, who are not funny, in my opinion.

Give it a chance again, though. There's been some good stuff lately.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:58 pm

I'd like to see them give Shuli a shot. Not sure if he could be consistent everyday, but he's pretty quick-witted and sarcastic.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:49 pm

I just like it when JD is in studio so i can hear Fred do his impression of him.

Steve Langford sucks.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Steve Langford is gone.

fify
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Adverb Harry » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:31 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Steve Langford is gone.

fify

I just hope they don't officially retire playing the Sour Shoes/Langford series of prank calls. Those bust me up every time I hear them:

"I want you to go to jail for this."

Classic.
Adverb Harry

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:12 am

Adverb Harry wrote:http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/pirated-super-8-print-points-back-to-howard-stern-show/

Howard's always asking for advance screener copies of the latest films, and it really pays off in his interviews with directors and actors when they stop by and he can get pretty in-depth in his conversations with them. Plus, if he likes something, he'll hype it endlessly as a fan...he's a great promoter in that regard.

Apparently, a copy of "Super 8" was given to the show back in June, and it was watermarked with a "HS" for his show for identification/ theft prevention purposes. Well, that's the version that's now making its rounds, so it's pretty clear someone affiliated with the show is involved.

I've heard him complain before when studios don't send advance screeners, so now that one for this movie has been bootlegged, he is going to be mighty pissed. It could really damage his and the show's credibility. If he's actually live Monday morning (he's taken so many vacation days this summer!), I'll be sure to listen right at 6:00 AM, because I imagine he's going to have to address this and try to get to the bottom of it. Maybe he'll actually really fire somebody this time. (Or he'll just figure out a way to make it Baba Booey's fault, like usual.)

He addressed this early on in the show. Went over the process for getting his copies of the movies. Sounds like it may not be an internal thing at the HS Show as it is handeled minimally once it hits the Sirius Bldg. Stern is speculating that it may happen at the area where they insert the watermark when creating his copy.

I wasn't aware that he returned each and every movie to the studios. I was under the impression he kept them or at least destroyed the dvd.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:42 am

For a second this morning I thought he was going to dump it on Booey, but then he changed course.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:53 am

I think Howard's hit a wall in the sense that he's actually not bullshitting anymore about the fact he's sick of getting up at 3:30 am every day. The guys damn near 60. So, this new contract with only three days a week at a ton of vacation - it was either that or nothing.

That being said, he still takes pride in that show, which is why it's still ahead of just about anything else.

And, the strength of that show by far for me is his interviews. A recent example is was Lady Ga Ga. I have no interest in her music, I thought she was a little "schtiky" with the whole "crazy outfits" deal etc. and then she comes in and it's a pretty fascinating hour. Not only what he got out of her personally, but how he can take an interview to another level others can't get to. Got a look into the life of one of the biggest things going today - a look you ain't getting from Matt Lauer. By the way, also kudos to her for belting it out. So many "musicians" come into that studio and use excuses before performing "Ohh Howard, it's 7 in the morning" "Just got of tour and it's early....." She just got to the piano and did it.

Anyways, that's happened dozens of times for me, and it's the reason I'll listen to the guy till he's done.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:05 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:STern's worst show is still better than those Opie and Anthony guys, I cannot stand them...... but I am a fan of many of the comedians they have on.

Ha, when I had XM I loved those guys, and not just due to the comics they had which was the best part. Them making fun of Amanda Peet still ranks high on the funny.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:15 pm

Orenthal wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:STern's worst show is still better than those Opie and Anthony guys, I cannot stand them...... but I am a fan of many of the comedians they have on.

Ha, when I had XM I loved those guys, and not just due to the comics they had which was the best part. Them making fun of Amanda Peet still ranks high on the funny.

I just don't like them. Their feud with Stern brought them ratings though.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture