Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Major League - Wild Thing Edition

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Major League - Wild Thing Edition

Unread postby Naxos » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:41 am

I love this movie and I love this DVD.

Special features include a making of documentatory.

A piece wear Indian's player and sports casters talk about Major League.
-One kid in the Indians farm system is from the Cleveland area and watchs Major League before each of his starts. I forget his name but it would be interesting to find out how he is doing in the minors.

A piece on Bob Uecker - Justttt a bit Outside

A even a deleted scene that I am glad they left deleted.

Great DVD for the collection.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:50 am

I heard there is an alternate ending where Rachel Phelps comes out good in the end where she fesses up in the end saying something like she used all her tactics to fire the team up and never wanted to move to Miami....and in the end she is dancing and clapping along with everyone else the final game.

True?
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Naxos » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:36 am

Consigliere wrote:I heard there is an alternate ending where Rachel Phelps comes out good in the end where she fesses up in the end saying something like she used all her tactics to fire the team up and never wanted to move to Miami....and in the end she is dancing and clapping along with everyone else the final game.

True?

Yep that is true.

It was suppose to be in the orginal movie but as they were test screening the movie they found out people loved to hate her. So they figured lets just give the fans what they want and retaped those scenes with her being pissed off.
Naxos

Favorite Player: Brian Sipe
Least Favorite Player: DA

Unread postby yogi » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:02 pm

I loved that movie.

One thing I wished they would add to movies like these is an option to view the movie in a PG mode.

My 2 older boys are 11 and 10 and would love the movie also, but the language is pretty raw.

I just wish they would supply a PG version for these types of movies. Also Caddyshack, Blues Brothers, etc.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby Guest » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:56 pm

Check those movies out when they're on Comedy Central.
Major League was on all last weekend with the "bad" words cut out.

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:56 pm

Strike this guy out!
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:35 pm

yogi wrote:I loved that movie.

One thing I wished they would add to movies like these is an option to view the movie in a PG mode.

My 2 older boys are 11 and 10 and would love the movie also, but the language is pretty raw.

I just wish they would supply a PG version for these types of movies. Also Caddyshack, Blues Brothers, etc.

I can understand that stance, but none of them are the same without the words. My parents didn't let me watch any of them until I was 14 or 15 - and that was after being told that that kind of language wasn't appropriate. Not that I never heard my father drop an f-bomb before. I knew at that point that the language wasn't acceptable and I try to avoid using it to this day, though I did swear like a sailor in high school just like everybody else.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed May 02, 2007 11:17 am

I just got this about a week ago and have been too busy with school to sit down and watch it yet. I'm really looking forward to it and I thought that the packaging alone made it worth the $9 at Wal-Mart. I'm really excited to see the part with Uecker. He's hysterical and he was just as good the one time I saw him on Leno.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby swerb » Wed May 02, 2007 11:44 am

I'll never forget seeing this in the theater when I was a kid. Place went nuts at the end, like we had actually won something.

OIC

Great movie though, an all time classic. It's a shame the sequel was so bad.

Major League and Caddyshack ... two of the greatest movies ever. Both tarnished with brutal sequels.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed May 02, 2007 12:50 pm

Swerb wrote:Great movie though, an all time classic. It's a shame the sequel was so bad.

Major League and Caddyshack ... two of the greatest movies ever. Both tarnished with brutal sequels.

I liked the second one, personally. The third one's clearly a joke. But at least the second one had Rube. He was hilarious. They did do a few things that I'd have never done, but it was nearly impossible to make a top notch sequel without Wesley Snipes as Willie Mays Hayes.

Good call on Caddyshack. Awesome movie.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture