Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Major League 3

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Major League 3

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:35 am

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/17566/ ... or-league-

"Major League" writer/director David S.Ward tells Moviehole that a new film based on the hit 1989 baseball comedy is in the works, one that will reunite the original cast.

"We're actually talking about doing one right now. I've written, what I see, as Major League 3. We're putting that together as we speak - in fact, next week I'm off to talk to James Robinson at Morgan Creek about it. It's 20 years later, and Wild Thing comes out of retirement to work with this 19-year-old player. We've actually got three new characters in the new film. And if the new film is popular, they could carry the franchise on" says Ward.

Tom Berenger, Corbin Bernsen, Wesley Snipes and Charlie Sheen were the four main stars of the original, though Ward admits Sheen is the only one he's spoken to so far about returning - "He's excited to do it if and when it happens. But he can't shoot it this year, because he's back doing Two-and-a-Half Men, but we could potentially shoot it next year - in his hiatus from the show".

Obviously a long way off from being green lit or anything but just the fact that it's potentially in the works cracks me up. They couldn't really have Rick coming out of retirement to play could they?? Way to old for that. Maybe him and Jake could be on the coaching staff and Dorn could be in the front office. Nice of Sheen to take time off from his busy wife beating schedule to talk to Ward about it.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Major League 3

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:24 am

If it's anything like Major League 3: Back To The Minors, it'll be right next to Caddyshack 2 on the list of horrendously awful movies.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Major League 3

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:29 pm

oh yea, I guess this would be Major League 4. How could I ever forget all the glory that was Major League 3: Back to the Minors.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture