Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Sopranos - Final Season

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Sopranos - Final Season

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:07 pm

It's become the most predictable show in the history of hour dramas. The last 2-3 seasons have sucked. Tonights season premiere gave me absolutely no hope that this season will be anything different than the last couple.

Only 9 episodes left. And they wasted another entire episode on more psychoanalysis of the Soprano family. From the second Tony and Baccala were out on the boat talking about how Bobby had never whacked anyone, and how he was leery due to "DNA evidence these days" ... it was obvious to anyone with a brain that Tony was gonna have him whack someone, and that he'd go down due to DNA evidence.

Another wasted episode.
Last edited by swerb on Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby sandlot33 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:26 pm

i agree that episode sucked ass
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:07 am

It was bad

Unread postby Dozen » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:26 am

"We've been building the Rico case for 5 yrs, and you blow this popcorn fart?" That line killed me. I dont see Bobby getting caught since he whacked him in Canada. Judging individual episodes is hard, I will wait til the end of the season to pass judgement.
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:58 am

Dozen wrote:"We've been building the Rico case for 5 yrs, and you blow this popcorn fart?" That line killed me. I dont see Bobby getting caught since he whacked him in Canada. Judging individual episodes is hard, I will wait til the end of the season to pass judgement.

The guy he killed took a handful of his shirt, and HBO went out of the way to emphasize it. And that was 20 min after Bacala making a comment about "DNA evidence these days" worrying him about killing someone.

I'd be shocked if it doesn't bite him. Extradition to Canada while awaiting trial seems likely, which will make Janice even more mental than she already is ... and likely lead to her killing herself or someone else.

Maybe Tony. That might be your Tony Soprano endgame there. Would be fitting given the shows focus on how effed up the family is.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:25 am

He dropped the gun right there in hall also
I didn't see him wearing any gloves or bs like that either

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:03 pm

FightDr wrote:He dropped the gun right there in hall also
I didn't see him wearing any gloves or bs like that either

Thats right.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:08 pm

Bobby being stupid did strike me as being a bit predictable.

However, the drunk family members scene was great...and I personally like the fact that Chase isn't rushing headlong into everything and will still take the time to develop the family dynamics.

I'll have the first review/recap up tomorrow.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:38 pm

The drunken Monopoly game and subsequent fight was a great scene.

Who hasn't had one of those drunken Monopoly games in their life?
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:18 pm

In all likelihood, Bobby was using an untraceable weapon, and there's about a 0.0% chance he has a sample in Canada's national or provincial DNA databases. At any rate, I've seen guys mucking around blood-soaked crime scenes with their bare hands for six years on this show and it never seems to go anywhere.

Law enforcement on "The Sopranos" is at a Roscoe P. Coltrane level of competence. The stuff about DNA and Bobby leaving his shirt IMO is a David Chase false-flag, like the Russian in "Pine Barrens"- a device the fans can eagerly discuss to no end whatsoever.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Guest » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:00 pm

HermanFontenot wrote:Law enforcement on "The Sopranos" is at a Roscoe P. Coltrane level of competence. The stuff about DNA and Bobby leaving his shirt IMO is a David Chase false-flag, like the Russian in "Pine Barrens"- a device the fans can eagerly discuss to no end whatsoever.

You may have a point, Herm.

Chase is a master of the bait-n-switch. I honestly think Christufuh is more in danger than Bobby.

Last year I thought that Chris would eventually be out as Tony's heir, to be replaced by AJ...but that kid is such a loser that there is no way it will happen.

But I still think Chris is a plane crash waiting to happen.

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:12 pm

Great episode. Im going to recant everything I said last week. This looks like its setting up for a great ending to the series.

Nice Godfather parallel at the end with the baptism scene amidst the backdrop of Phil talking about revenging his brother, with Tony as the Godfather of Chris's baby amid strife between the two.

Couple interesting bits from the previews. The body they found ... Adriana? Most likely no. It seems like that will come to a head this season though.

Also, in one of the preview scenes, it looked like the same shooter (same dress at least) is seen doing another shooting.

Tony ... hard to tell his fate at this point. The writers are clearly trying to make us believe he will get out of the business. The health references, Sack dying, Phil talking about stepping away, Carmine explaining he couldn't be happy with that life.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:18 am

The first 2 episodes haven't done anything for me.
The scenes did look promising however.
The season can only get better.

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:45 pm

That's as good an episode as we've seen since "Long Term Parking".

Paulie and Christopher look like they're reaching the end of the line. Christopher's falling-out has been a lot more public, but Paulie has been on borrowed time since he was meeting clandestinely with Johnny Sac (RIP) in Season 4 (?). I don't think I've ever gotten a Sopranos predict-o right, but I think Paulie's fall will be swift and sudden, while Christofa's will be drawn out over the course of the season.

How good was Sydney Pollack as the wife-killing doctor? His monologue as he dryly tallies up his victims was classic: "I also killed the mailman... by then I was fully committed."
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby sandlot33 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:59 pm

the first 45 minutes started out pretty slow again and I almost thought this series was in the shitter, Tony crying?????? My first reaction was Christopher was gonna get whacked, but the scene at the end where him and Tony hugged it out at the church to me meansChristopher is still the man Tony is gonna pass it along to....Bobby is a f'in retard and Tony knows it. and Phil "Leotardi" is gonna start whacking people, you just know it...

The last 15 minutes really got me excited to watch this show every week again, i have a feeling the best episodes are yet to be seen
HerrliBomb
sandlot33

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:08 am

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that his deceased brother's birthday remembrance is going to habe Phil "on tilt" the rest of the show.

Should be fun to watch.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:11 pm

Almost no real "action" (other than Doc getting it in the eyeball), but I tell you what...that ten minute scene on the boat was one of the most tension filled scenes I've seen on this show.

Tony wanted to whack Paulie...and the wife and I debated for the entire time whether he would or not.

In the end...Paulie's lifting weights to defend himself, and Tony is regretting not going through with it in the last scene listening to Paulie prattle on and on to Chris.

Paulie's going down...no question now.

Unread postby yogi » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:20 am

In the end...Paulie's lifting weights to defend himself, and Tony is regretting not going through with it in the last scene listening to Paulie prattle on and on to Chris.

Paulie's going down...no question now.

I didn't see it that way. It seemed to me, Tony sees Paulie being Paulie.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:25 am

Yeah, that episode clearly had three themes.

Close the book on Junior

The contrast of a former tough guy monster succumbing to the harsh realities of old age. One episode after Johnny Sack succumbs to illness. This all clearly plays towards how things will end with Tony. Does this mean Tony decides he doesn't wanna go like that, and would rather take a bullet in the head? Or does he wanna get out and "enjoy life" a little more like little Carmine? To me, the writers are playing that battle out right now.

To whack, or not to whack?

Does Paulie stay or go? The tension in that scene was great ... similar to the tension from episode one when he was driving with Bacala and made that shortcut through the woods. It all plays into the above scenario and Tony's decided end fate IMO. Hard to say how it will end for Tony, but I think it will be him that ends up deciding it.

Phil is back

That didn't take long. No time to eff around with only a 9 episode final season.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:06 am

Good episode, finally.
When Doc took food off Phil's plate and he gave him that stare, you knew that fat ass was done.
The boat scene was great except for the fact I think I was getting sea sick from the way that thing was rocking up and down.

Unread postby Hoover » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:24 pm

Every episode this season has been spot on. Best shows since season 3.

I've heard there's gonna be trouble between Chris & Paulie. Can't wait to see how that ends up. With Chris's H addiction and his dissing of Tony in the movie, there's plenty of reason for Chris to get wacked. But I bet it doesn't happen until the 8th or 9th episode. Chase will drag it out, as he always does.

They're gearing up for a dramatic ending. It's been an exciting season so far.
Hoover

Unread postby swerb » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:41 pm

Mitch, nice catch on your recap.

So “Mr. Spears” and his flunky take off in one fugly looking minivan, passing a sign in Jersey stating “Hitchhikers May Be Escaping Inmates”. I looked close on my second viewing and swore I saw the infamous Foreshadowing Fairy sitting on top of the sign.

Also ... this was hysterical:

We’ve gone almost forty minutes without any naked booby shots, so we get that oversight out of the way as Tony has a quick romp with one of the hookers from dinner. Two things I noticed watching TV characters having sex over the years: Carrie Bradshaw (Sarah Jessica Parker) never took her bra off to have sex in “Sex and the City” and Tony never has sex without having his T-shirt on. Yes, folks, this is the type of hard hitting, detailed analyses you won’t find reading the recap on any other web site.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

I don't get it

Unread postby yogi » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:33 pm

Last night was one of the deepest drakest episodes, seeing Tony coming closer than ever to completely losing it......

and we get no discussions from you guys.

Still hungover or deleriously happy from this past weekend?
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:40 pm

Great episode
All the football and gambling though kept me thnking about the Browns.
The kid taking a dump in the shower threw me off, I thought he was going to beat the piss out of those kids.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:55 pm

Yeah, the season has really rebounded from the first episode. Looking back on it, what were they trying to do with that episode? Obviously ... establish Bacala as a potential heir apparent. Outside of that? Mitch?

Good episode last night. Tony is beginning to circle the drain financially, and it's hard to figure at this point how things are going to end for him. Right now ... I think Chase is trying to make us believe that it will end badly for Tony, but I don't think it will.

The previews for next week clearly show that the shit hits the fan for Chris and Paulie next week, which really all of us saw coming.

AJ losing his fiance obviously will send him spiraling in decline. Likely towards death IMO. Which may convince Tony to go the route of Little Carmine and hang em up in some fashion.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Tue May 01, 2007 2:44 pm

Swerb wrote:Yeah, the season has really rebounded from the first episode. Looking back on it, what were they trying to do with that episode? Obviously ... establish Bacala as a potential heir apparent. Outside of that? Mitch?

AJ losing his fiance obviously will send him spiraling in decline. Likely towards death IMO. Which may convince Tony to go the route of Little Carmine and hang em up in some fashion.

I think the Bacala episode was more about exploring family relationships than anything else, and giving Janice and Bobby their one week of extensive screen time (notice no one has seen Janice ever since?)

I think AJ is about to go into a major decline, and it wouldn't surprise me if you were right, Swerb. Earlier, I might have said the break up with Blanca might push him in the direction of joining Tony's crew...as he's about the same age as Tony was when he capped Willie Overall for his first hit.

But with all the meloncholy going down with Tony? I don't think he'll allow it.

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 01, 2007 3:38 pm

I think AJ is about to go into a major decline, and it wouldn't surprise me if you were right, Swerb. Earlier, I might have said the break up with Blanca might push him in the direction of joining Tony's crew...as he's about the same age as Tony was when he capped Willie Overall for his first hit.

Interesting ... something to keep in mind as a possiblity.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 08, 2007 11:47 am

Another very good episode last week. While the final season will be defined by the last couple of episodes, to this point ... this has been the best season IMO since about season 2 or 3.

Predictions ....

Chistopha

Capping the guy from Wings is clearly going to come back to bite him in some fashion. While Chase went out of his way to show that guy take a chunk of Bacala's shirt in episode one, he also made sure to show Chris wipe off the door handle.

I want to rewatch that scene. If you do, I bet you'll notice Chris touch and fingerprint something in his drunken stupor.

My guess? Chris gets arrested and sings. Or gets tipped off that he's gonna be and goes Nick Nolte on a bottle of Wild Turkey and goes out like Tony Montana at the end of scarface.

AJ

I'm leaning more and more towards AJ following in his dads footsteps now ... "making his bones" by whacking his ex's new latino boyfriend.

Tony

I'm still torn on this one. I've been of the opinion that Tony would get out in some fashion so he could "enjoy the rest of life" a la little Carmine. But if AJ goes mafia, this seems less likely. Maybe Tony gets killed?

Of the possible options, I would now rank them this way ...

1. Tony gets whacked
2. Tony gets arrested
3. Tony walks away
4. Tony remains in charge

Meadow

I see her leaving the comforts of New Jersey to move to northeast Ohio to become my love slave.

Bacala/Janice

I still see something major happening with these two. Bacala has become the new favorite to be the heir apparent, something Chase devoted a whole episode to ... and also has hit on in each episode since.

Paulie

He will be right at the center of whatever happens with Christopha.

Silvio

I don't see anything major happening with Sil.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Tue May 08, 2007 6:15 pm

Any chance the guy from Wings was some sort of Fed, who was trying to shut Boreave (Chris) up because the apartment is bugged and didn't want Chris spilling the beans in a drunken stupor and regret it?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swerb » Tue May 08, 2007 8:56 pm

Pup wrote:Any chance the guy from Wings was some sort of Fed, who was trying to shut Boreave (Chris) up because the apartment is bugged and didn't want Chris spilling the beans in a drunken stupor and regret it?

No, I just think that the second Chris told him about Adriana and Ralph (along with when Janice shot Richie Aprile, three of the best scenes in show history), he knew he was fucked.

Anyone that knows info like that must be neutralized in the mafia drama world. Little did he know it was coming about 30 seconds later.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sun May 13, 2007 10:58 pm

Interesting episode.

They chose a different path for how Chris went down. We all knew it was coming.

Tony taking paeote was an interesting turn. When he went out to Vegas I thought he would lose a ton of cash gambling, and it looked like it was going that way. Then, when he took the paeote with that drop dead gorgeous girl ... I thought for sure that he would come to some sort of revelation about his life when on the drug .. but we really got nothing.

Chase is going out of his way in this final season to steer the viewers to think one thing, then go away from it.

Im farkin clueless as to how these last three episodes go down.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 14, 2007 6:19 am

I loved last night's episode.
I was finally on the edge of my seat not knowing what the f is going to happen next.
3 more to go.

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 14, 2007 8:09 am

Chase usually lets the shocking death come at the end of an episode, and then we get to see the next week how they deal with it.

This week, one of the central characters of the entire series dies in a totally unexpected way at the start of the show, and the rest is showing the affects on everyone else.

Tony was totally torn between relief he didn't die to grief about Chris, to anger about how much of a screwup Chris became.

This was the best episode of the year, and possibly the best episode of the last three seasons (with the exception of the Aide whacking and the Tony B whacking).

Unread postby intenso » Mon May 14, 2007 8:55 am

Swerb wrote:Tony taking paeote was an interesting turn. When he went out to Vegas I thought he would lose a ton of cash gambling, and it looked like it was going that way. Then, when he took the paeote with that drop dead gorgeous girl ... I thought for sure that he would come to some sort of revelation about his life when on the drug .. but we really got nothing.

Tony thinks Chris was his own personal cooler, I think that's what we got out of that scene...Tony laughing and saying "he's dead, he's dead" after he won big.

I thought Chris' death would have been more dramatic. It just kind of sat there the whole episode. They threw in Paulie's mom dying for some reason, I don't really get the point of that.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby swerb » Mon May 14, 2007 9:00 am

Mitch wrote:Chase usually lets the shocking death come at the end of an episode, and then we get to see the next week how they deal with it.

This week, one of the central characters of the entire series dies in a totally unexpected way at the start of the show, and the rest is showing the affects on everyone else.

Tony was totally torn between relief he didn't die to grief about Chris, to anger about how much of a screwup Chris became.

This was the best episode of the year, and possibly the best episode of the last three seasons (with the exception of the Aide whacking and the Tony B whacking).

You talk about being on the edge of your seat ... but yes, last nights episode was one where I legitmately was on the edge of my seat.

I would agree, a great episode. Although Mitch ... I would add two more episodes to your greatest list.

When Janice took out Richie Aprile.

(What, you gonna cry? Now get me my dinner .... BABATTT!)

And when Tony killed Ralph after he found out he killed his horse.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon May 14, 2007 11:21 am

The Jackie Aprile killing from Janice was in Season 2 and the Ralphie whacking was Season 4...but I certainly agree with you on that.

Both total classics.

So does Tony get credit for whacking Chris? Given his injuries, it's doubtful he would have lived anyway, but Tony evidently didn't want to take that chance, especially after his regret for not taking out Paulie when he had the chance.

And going to Vegas to bang someone Chris used to bang? Tell me how that wasn't some little "up yours" after Chris put that scene into "Cleaver" where Danny Baldwin screwed the Cleaver guy's fiance.

Unread postby swerb » Mon May 14, 2007 12:31 pm

When at Tonys house after the death, they went out of their way to say he "probably would have made it" had he not suffocated on his own blood. I think that allows us to credit the killing to Tony.

And yeah, the run of luck at the roulette table while wheeling balls indicates two things.

The Tony gambling issue is dead. And yes, he feels Chris was his personal jinx.

I still have no clue how this shakes down for Tony. Clearly hes got a shitstorm with Phil brewing. But Tony figures to be feeling pretty good once he gets back from Vegas. Won some cash. Had his way with a gorgeoue brunette half his age. Crossed "taking paeote" of his Things To Do Before I Die List. And the person he precieved as his biggest risk is back, back, back.... GONE.

On the AJ front, the breakdown with his shrink seems to once again indicate that he isn't cut out for succeeding dad in any fashion.

Paulies mom dying, and no one going to the wake ... you would think that will lead to Paulie doing something stupid out of rage. But again, I've been wrong all season.

WTF happens with Tony?

Im guessing something totally unpredictable, like the end of Six Feet Under with Lisa's disappearance.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby intenso » Sun May 20, 2007 9:45 pm

curb stomp!!
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby Guest » Sun May 20, 2007 10:41 pm

Took one of the best scenes I've ever seen from American History X.
That dude(Coco) wasn't dead from that? Could you imagine that pain?
Madone.

Unread postby yogi » Mon May 21, 2007 6:47 am

Wow, I thought for sure he separated his spine and neck from the head with the stomp.

This episode did give me one of the biggets laughs ever when Tony talking to Dr. Melfi about AJ

Dr. Melfi: (paraphrasing) " It's possible that AJ subconsciously made the rope too long"

Tony: "Or he's fuckin' stupid!"
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby swerb » Thu May 24, 2007 2:24 pm

This final season has been really, really, really good and that was another great episode. And as Mitch predicts in his writeup, I think next episode is when all hell breaks loose ... leaving the final episode to clean up the mess, and finish off the storylines for most of the key players.

Other thoughts ...

~The AJ attempted suicide scene was well done. After Meadow's warning the week prior, it was on my mind ... but not at that spot in the episode/season. Again, as Mitch mentioned ... the sequence where Tony saves him, first saying "What the fuck is wrong with you!?!?" to him then cradling him in his arms saying "Its OK, its OK". Powerful stuff. I love HBO. Try and get that on the networks.

~The Melfi scenes have been incredible this season, and last episode was no exception. Shes much tougher on him now, almost chiding him for his drug induced thoughts and belief that women "were busses". If Tony dies, or next weeks war with Phil gets really ugly, I wouldn't be surprised if she offed herself.

~The muslim terrorist storyline. This thing ever gonna get any teeth?

~Meadow is drop dead gorgeous. From a pudgy little girl to a stunning beauty over the nine years this show has spanned.

~The scene where Tony head stomped Coco was great. Who is Phil's first target in retaliation? Mitch thinks Carlo or Bacala. Im thinking Patsy, now that he and Tony have the connection of their son and daughter dating.

~I'm still trying to make sense of how this ends for Tony, and his comments to Melfi about "maybe there's more than this" could have significance. I just have no strong convictions of how this ends for Tony. Anyone else have thoughts on the matter?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby intenso » Thu May 24, 2007 2:37 pm

The parallels they have drawn between AJ and Tony are brilliant. As AJ reaches adulthood he is plagued with the exact same issues that Tony was/is. Even the way that AJ backed off on killing himself is something Tony would do.

The only way I could see the Terrorism stuff coming into play is if Tony uses it to stay out of prison. Turns them in.
intenso
alt.total.loser

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:32 pm

Wow...what an episode. That scene in the hobby shop when Bobby bought the farm was unbelievable...the whole not-so-subtle way Chase had the "runaway train" going as you first saw the hitmen through the concave mirror...the figure at the crossroads holding a hand to her mouth, and then the Sonny Corleone style execution of Bobby.

And then there was the dinner party, where I was just hoping Melfi would go over there and bitchslap that prick Elliot. But no, she finally bought into his comments about Tony just using her, and that final session with Tony at her office was almost as intense as Tony and Paulie on the boat a few weeks ago.

And the end? Tony holed up in a safehouse (I think it was Junior's old place, but it could have been Livia's) sleeping with that AR-10 that Bobby gave him in the first episode.

I have absolutely no idea how this is going to go down next week...but I think it will be a bloodbath. Making it more up in the air is the fate of Silvio. They said he was unlikely to wake up, but they've obviously left the door open.

Just realizing this...

SON OF A BITCH, THE LAST EPISODE IS ON OPPOSITE OF GAME 2 OF THE FINALS!!!

Guess who will be staying up until about 1 am to watch the West Coast feed? (or Tivo, if it runs later than midnight).

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:31 pm

That was one of the best episodes of the Sopranos ever. I was holding my breath in anticipation over the last 35 minutes. The botched hit on Phil. The assassination of Bobby was great. Sil right after outside The Bing. And Tony holed up at the end in the safe house, big ass rifle in hand, with deaths doorway right in front of him.

Its time for some predictions fellas ... come on and bring em.

I think something big goes down with Meadow. They've been beating us over the head with the AJ storyline, but I think that may be the one they leave hangin. They've already established AJ is too weak and bleeding heart to follow in his fathers footsteps, yet hes still plagued with his depression and misery issues.

Something happens with Meadow. Tony's comment last week that "families are always left alone" makes me think either Meadow, or maybe even Carm gets taken out. But not intentionally, Phil has to much respect for the rules of the mafia thing.

Maybe shes out with Patsy's kid and something goes down. Maybe she's accidentally taken out by hitmen gunning for Tony. If she does die, who flips and does something shocking? Tony? AJ? Carm?

What about Paulie turning on Tony? When Paulie and Tony were together towards the end of the episode, I thought for a sec I saw something in Paulie that screamed turncoat. Tony wanted to kill him because he couldn't trust him. And Paulie was on the verge of a family switch to the Carmine/Johnny Sack family a couple seasons ago. Maybe Paulies already been flipped by the FBI?

What about this ... Tony is really Kevin Finnerty from the dream sequence of last season. And his mob life is a dream? I still don't understand WTF they wasted all those episodes on that last season.

I think all hell breaks loose in some fashion, leaving Melfi distraught and feeling its all her fault. Maybe she commits suicide?

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:36 pm

Also, here are the screen shots of the preview for this episode. They seem to give some hints ...

http://www.lbracco.com/sopranos6bepisodes.htm#09

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:47 pm

I think Paulie tipped Phil off and that's why he was missing in action. Tony finds out and f's him up. He was the one in charge of it.

I also thought for a second that Tony was finally going to ram Melfi before she booted him.

I also think either Carm or Meadow gets killed.

JR will somehow play in also I think.

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:48 pm

Couple other things to ponder ....

Uncle June playing some part in the conclusion?

AJ whacking Tony?

Tony freaking out and going to Agent Harris?

The name of the finale ... "'Made' In America". What could that mean?

Maybe Furio gets called back from Italy to help out.

Patsy as the traitor? He escaped the hit without taking any lead. That could play into the Meadow storyline as well with her dating his kid. He did a shitty job driving away from the hitmen as well. And was involved in the botched hit on Phil. Everyone suspects Paulie, maybe the traitor is Patsy.

The ducks, the pool ... you know that plays in somehow.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:50 pm

One other thing I noticed when rewatching the episode tonight.

This probably means nothing, but the traitor Sil killed at the beginning of the episode had the same slip on white loafers as Paulie. They went out of their way to show them after Sil killed him. Then, late in the episode, when Paulie and Tony were packing up to go to the safe house ... they went out of the way to show Paulie's idential loafers.

Prolly nothing. Likely another tease to make you think theres something there when there really isn't ... but worth mentioning.

Also, the previews show Meadow getting up off the couch with horror in her eyes in one scene. In another, Tony and Paulie are in a car, looking at an explosion or fire of some sort.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby swerb » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:02 am

Here's a pretty good predcitions column for the final episode ...

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/ta ... redictions

This one might be the ticket:

Josh Ozersky, Grub Street Editor:

Tony will be in the crosshairs of Phil Leotardo's goons when the Feds, led by Frankie No, swoop in with their squad of Keystone Kops to save the day. Tony ends up flipping, and Carmela comes with him, but Chase, ambivalent to the last about giving us a happy ending(despite his urge to do so), ends with a shot of Tony alone in his thoughts, a la Michael Corleone in The Godfather, Part II.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby yogi » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:55 pm

I heard this rumour on the Mike & the Maddog radio show outta NYC.

Seems that this info came from someone who lives in Garfield NJ and evidently the final scene is shot in an Ice Cream Parlor in Garfield. This guy suppossedly saw it and says it'll end this way.......

warning - don't go any further if you don't want a possible spoil. Also, there may be up to 3 different endings and this may be just one and not the one picked for tonite, but we may see on the DVD that's sure to come out.....

<<possible spoiler>>

Seems the NJ and Tony's gang wins the war against the NY boys. The final scene shows Tony and his family, Carm, AJ and Meadow having an Ice Cream treat in Garfield. Life is good , Tony gives one of his patented huge, confident , on top of the world smiles.

Melfy walks in and shoots him dead. Apparantly, she feels major guilt that her therapy made it possible for Tony to survive and enable many more killings.

Sounds totally plausable to me. Makes sense and gives that last minute switcheroo on the viewer.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture