Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby pup » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Anyone catch "bump and run" today?

Classic. A few guys get in everyday and make a mockery of the whole thing. After the third or fourth guy got through, Reghi questioned the chick intern for putting them through before going on a rant asking them to come to the studio, be men and get in his face.

Absolutely pathetic.

War KNR
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:10 am

Wouldnt it be sweet if someone showed up and kicked his ass?

Reghi is an embarrassment. Too bad I missed it today, 90% of the time I turn him off because I cant stand the arrogant prick. I never thought anyone could make me miss Munch in that slot.

Oh and Bump and Run is the worst segment in radio history. I hope they keep messing with it.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:13 am

See... Mark "Wags" Wagner or Jerry "Jerry" Eliot would never challenge a listener to a fight. All they do is have a fun comedy show and play classic rock. I would listen to C-Land sports radio.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:32 am

Word is 'KNR is asking people to take survey's on to better improve the station, hinting that they've received a few complaints from having Sabrina and Hammer getting air time

http://emd13.rdg.com/client_files/1187/POLL/poll1.php

heard a while back while driving around he went on the whole rant of Woody Hayes being a "Hack", all sighting the Charlie Baumen incident, and that people his age, don't consider him a great coach and all of that, because of the incident. ::doh::
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:51 am

Triple-S wrote:heard a while back while driving around he went on the whole rant of Woody Hayes being a "Hack", all sighting the Charlie Baumen incident, and that people his age, don't consider him a great coach and all of that, because of the incident. ::doh::

Whoever said that is a total retard. He should come down here and walk into the Varsity Club or Otie's and say that shit.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:11 am

pup wrote:Anyone catch "bump and run" today?

Classic. A few guys get in everyday and make a mockery of the whole thing. After the third or fourth guy got through, Reghi questioned the chick intern for putting them through before going on a rant asking them to come to the studio, be men and get in his face.

Absolutely pathetic.

War KNR

Guys biggest problem is that he acknowledges all those calls that mock his "Bump and Run". If the guy let it slide and didn't mention it, no harm. Somehow Reghi believes he's reinventing the wheel and won't let anyone tear him down even though that segement is so weak. He's trying to make it a serious version of Les Levine's "How come" quickies.

So when he asked these guys to come to the studio and get in his face, did he remember to tell them to "Bring it strong, HAHA."
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:01 am

Triple-S wrote:Word is 'KNR is asking people to take survey's on to better improve the station, hinting that they've received a few complaints from having Sabrina and Hammer getting air time

Thank you so much for sharing this link SSS. I definately participated.

C-town radio needs Hammer. He's the Iron Sheik, the guy we need to hate. He's Peter Brown a decade later.

Should ONLY be a sidekick tho. Horrific solo. In love with his own voice.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:02 am

jb wrote:
Triple-S wrote:Word is 'KNR is asking people to take survey's on to better improve the station, hinting that they've received a few complaints from having Sabrina and Hammer getting air time

C-town radio needs Hammer. He's the Iron Sheik, the guy we need to hate. He's Peter Brown a decade later.

Correct, Hammer is needed. I wish he wouldn't take so many positions opposite of Cleveland fan for what seems like effect, but there are times he has a valid take. Rizzo is such a homer he needs a guy like Hammer. They work well together. Sabrina can hit the road anytime now though.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:32 am

Dear Riz ( and even Hammer) ,

I only got to hear second hand about Reg's invitation for fans to come up and fight him, so I am left with questions.

- Will he sign a waiver so there's no assault charges filed?
- Are there fighting style limitations like boxing only or is this an MMA full beat-down style event?
- Is there a winner's bracket of whose next at KNR if I KO his cliche spewing cake hole?
- Will Reg have a Jim Joyce-style ref if there's no TKO or is this fair?

I'm considering coming up to fight on Friday PM because this seems like more fun than just turning Reg off as I do daily, plus I'm Irish and that's after I could get started on happy hour, but I need these questions answered first by the only KNR personalities I trust.

Sincerely,

JB in Y-town

PS - Matt James says your son should be able to go on a HS grad trip.
jb

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:43 am

His challenging people to man up face to face may bring bodies down to the Galleria for once. Anything to promote Downtown!
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:24 pm

Wow, surprised to see alot of Reghi haters.

Personally, I liked him alot when he was the commentator for the Cavaliers. He had some sweet sayings and commentated with oomph. I'd take him over Fred McLeod any day.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:13 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:Wow, surprised to see alot of Reghi haters.

Personally, I liked him alot when he was the commentator for the Cavaliers. He had some sweet sayings and commentated with oomph. I'd take him over Fred McLeod any day.

My $ 0.02.

Play by play? Good. Never had an issue other than his cliche's wore thin. No Hammy but a pro's pro.

Sports talk? Arrogant prick who has bad takes, supremely aweful.
jb

Unread postby Cease » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:23 pm

His show is awful. Bump and Run is awful.

Get converted, see the light, get podcasts or a satellite radio. You'll still be able to drop in on the locals, but will get the option of actual decent talk whenever you want it.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:39 pm

Cease wrote:His show is awful. Bump and Run is awful.

Get converted, see the light, get podcasts or a satellite radio. You'll still be able to drop in on the locals, but will get the option of actual decent talk whenever you want it.

Cease, thing is all I want is local. I don't give a rat's ass about Coward pontificating anymore than I do Reg. Not a fan of any national ESPN radio "talent", and the shows I do enjoy (Rome, 2 Live Stus) just have national shows. Not what I want as a Cleveland fan. same reason I "live" here virtually and not on some generic NFL national board, for example.

BTW - Your significant other should start posting underthe name "Ann Desist".
jb

Unread postby jack_tors » Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:58 pm

Ziner wrote:
jb wrote:

Correct, Hammer is needed. I wish he wouldn't take so many positions opposite of Cleveland fan for what seems like effect, but there are times he has a valid take. Rizzo is such a homer he needs a guy like Hammer. They work well together. Sabrina can hit the road anytime now though.

You are right in the fact Rizzo needs someone to play off the positivity and homer like takes he has at times but Hammer is too negative. Its great to disagree and have a discussion but it seems like Hammer hates Cleveland sports and bashes fans every chance he takes. Seriously, how many more times do I need to hear about Elway from that assbag? He can go and be replaced with someone who actually disagrees with Rizzo but brings something to the table.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Cease » Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:34 pm

jb wrote:

Cease, thing is all I want is local. I don't give a rat's ass about Coward pontificating anymore than I do Reg. Not a fan of any national ESPN radio "talent", and the shows I do enjoy (Rome, 2 Live Stus) just have national shows. Not what I want as a Cleveland fan. same reason I "live" here virtually and not on some generic NFL national board, for example.

I hear you, I agree, I wish there was really good local sports talk. I don't rush to shut off Rizzo and Hammer. I can stomach them all in doses- even Brinda and Roda. I'm just not sure why there isn't a single radio personality in town that can calmly take calls and lead a discussion over the air. Have topics, bring on guests, open up the lines, listen to callers, be intelligent, keep the show moving. Maybe that doesn't sell.

As for the nationals- I still need my Romey fix, he's a pro. Cowherd, Mike and Mike don't appeal to me any more than John Keshtichuer's (sp) 1AM ESPN Overnight program. I like podcasts b/c I can pick nationals (and TCFer's) I actually like. I've got control and I choose a better product for me. Wish I didn't have to.

This discussion happens every three months on this board. Which is why I read this board.
Cease

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Reghi and Munch are the absolute worst ever.

Reghi's arrogance is mind boggling and it precedes everything he does on air. Munch, well it's like giving a kid a job b/c he is a neighbor or relative, thing is you're not supposed to give talk show host jobs to kids. Seriously his whole schtick with the voice and how he just has a feeling with this city is almost enough to make me want to shoot myself. Munch has never once added one piece of solid technical analysis for any topic to date.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:28 pm

I mainly listen to the podcast editions of rizzo's show, it's easier to not have to listen to the TMZ segments that make up about 80% of the show now.

The thing that bugs me is that when Rizzo talks about sports it's really don't-turn-the-dial stuff, but then they'll go off-topic and ramble on about some garbage tabloid stuff or do that game show it really makes you wanna click over to

the problem is with WKNR and other local stations, is they don't go out of their way to try and find some new talent, they resort to the tired old options like stuttering greg brinda and someone like munch.

They need a guy like swerb, who can find dudes like Mansfield lucas and Peeker almost seemingly off the street and hand them some gigs, hell even hold tryouts in some way, like via some sort of show based on Cleveland State sports roundtable show on sunday afternoon, something, god.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:30 pm

Plus Peeker and Lucas have faces made for radio.

FUDU

Unread postby Squints » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:45 pm

I'll come clean- I used to be a Reghi fan. I live near Erie, PA and we have one local guy worth listening to (Chico Borman, has filled in on ABAO), the rest are unlistenable. I thought the hatred for Reghi and the local C-Town guys was relative. I remember him mostly as the Cavs play-by-play guy where I believe he got the shaft and calling MAC games where I enjoyed his PBP.

Long and short is I planned my post-work exercise around his show, stream it live (can't stream Chico) listen while I workout. Started listening, remembering past threads and I will admit it now that I see the light. Man, he is unlistenable. Arrogant, believes he is fresh with the "Bring it Strong" but only if you agree with me. Condescending to callers who dare to have a difference of opinion, beleives he's the shit because he calls MAC games and college foot ball on ESPN+, give me a break you bastard. I started to stream Mike Francesca, but can't take the accent.

Bump and run is ridiculous, wish I would of heard it today, but since it is warm again, I'm outside after work. Back to the ipod during winter.

JB- Peter Brown. The horrah.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby jb » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:36 pm

Cease wrote:
jb wrote:

I hear you, I agree, I wish there was really good local sports talk. I don't rush to shut off Rizzo and Hammer. I can stomach them all in doses- even Brinda and Roda. I'm just not sure why there isn't a single radio personality in town that can calmly take calls and lead a discussion over the air. Have topics, bring on guests, open up the lines, listen to callers, be intelligent, keep the show moving. Maybe that doesn't sell.

Do the survey and recommend Les Levine. He was that guy. I swear. He should be in Reg's PM drive slot with Galetti doing sports bufooonery 7 - 9 pm.

I miss WHK.

Keshaur is an old KNR reporter btw.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:48 pm

Unable to service its growing debt, Malrite exited the radio business by selling off all their stations to Shamrock Broadcasting (Roy Disney's family-owned broadcasting company) in 1993. [14] Shamrock in turn spun off WHK and WMMS to OmniAmerica, headed by former Malrite executive Carl Hirsch, on April 1994. Shortly thereafter, on May 16, 1994,[15] WHK adopted a sports talk format featuring Tom Bush, Les Levine, Tony Rizzo and Pat McCabe, and dubbed itself "The Sports Voice of the Fan." WHK's programming was highly regarded by many listeners, and it slowly developed a devoted following.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WHK

sounds like a sh-t load better than the stuff that's on 'KNR now.

Triple-S

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:20 am

Amazing how bad ALL Cleveland radio is; FM and AM. I spent the day driving through Chicago and happened upon the Boers and Bernstein show. They spent most of the time talking about the Blackhawks and White Sox (two things I couldn't care less about by the way) and kept me entertained for a couple hours.

I can't listen to anyone in Cleveland for more than 20 minutes. They all suck!
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:29 am

Yeah it sounds like C-Land radio all sucks and is hosted by retards and pickle puffers. I would never listent to that swill!
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:22 am

jb wrote:Do the survey and recommend Les Levine. He was that guy. I swear. He should be in Reg's PM drive slot with Galetti doing sports bufooonery 7 - 9 pm.

I miss WHK.

Keshaur is an old KNR reporter btw.

Amen to that, brutha
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Cease » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:05 am

Took the survey. I feel so empowered. Ten minutes and some tough questions- like "Who's your least favorite host?"
Cease

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:19 pm

I can't listen to Reghi. I am able to hear him breathing for some damn reason. I wasn't digging his show at the beginning, but was trying to give him a shot, because he is on during my drive time. Once I picked up the breathing, I just couldn't handle it.

I bounce between my Ipod and 1350. I like the afternoon dudes, and Stephen A Smith is surprisingly not that bad in the morning. He is a jack ass, but I like his guest lineup. I like how he handles callers, and the resulting debates with them. It's decent radio IMO. It also seems like the commercial run is shorter, but that may be because they ain't got any to run.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:28 pm

I can't imagine a single talk radio station in the country over the last dozen years that has had more awful - just awful personalities on the air. And it runs the gammut form just being unknowledgable through pathetic on air delivery.

Brinda, the BSK, Ronnie "Slam" Duncan, Roda, The Mickey Mouse Club that is Rizzo's show (Can you please go on Rome's show and embarrass you and the station nationally Riz), I mean, good holy Christ.

An absolutely unlistenable station.

Unlistenable.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:11 pm

leadpipe wrote:I can't imagine a single talk radio station in the country over the last dozen years that has had more awful - just awful personalities on the air.

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/espnradio1250/

to quote JB, "jus sayin'"

Triple-S

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:16 pm

l
Last edited by FUDU on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:17 pm

Cease wrote:I can stomach them all in doses- even Brinda and Roda. I'm just not sure why there isn't a single radio personality in town that can calmly take calls and lead a discussion over the air. Have topics, bring on guests, open up the lines, listen to callers, be intelligent, keep the show moving. Maybe that doesn't sell.
His name was Bruce Drennan, problem was he started eating too many TV dinners.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:08 pm

FUDU wrote:
Cease wrote:I can stomach them all in doses- even Brinda and Roda. I'm just not sure why there isn't a single radio personality in town that can calmly take calls and lead a discussion over the air. Have topics, bring on guests, open up the lines, listen to callers, be intelligent, keep the show moving. Maybe that doesn't sell.

That guy is a douche.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:53 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:

That guy is a douche.
Bruce was/is an excellent baseball guy, good on football and decent on hoops. Used to let caller's have their time, found some solid interviews.

FUDU

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:01 pm

leadpipe wrote:I can't imagine a single talk radio station in the country over the last dozen years that has had more awful - just awful personalities on the air. And it runs the gammut form just being unknowledgable through pathetic on air delivery.

Brinda, the BSK, Ronnie "Slam" Duncan, Roda, The Mickey Mouse Club that is Rizzo's show (Can you please go on Rome's show and embarrass you and the station nationally Riz), I mean, good holy Christ.

An absolutely unlistenable station.

Unlistenable.

Dude, what about Joe-Bees? You don't want to hear about Joe-Bees a hundred fucking times an hour? It's all-natural! It's bee pollen! 99 dollars for a seven-month supply!
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:05 pm

What the holy shit fuck is JoeBees?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:09 pm

Like JB, I always preferred the local sports talk. But Triv and the KNR guys just beat me into submission about six months ago. Its amazing how bad the local sports talkers are. Amazing. Only one I can listen to is Rizzo, but I'm never listening at that time. Im a drive time guy.

Im now on the satellite radio/podcast kick and never going back.

Every once in a while I'll tune into Triv/KNR to see what I'm missing. Its almost always a startling reminder of how bad the local sports talk scene is. KNR desperately needs to find some fresh voices.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby waborat » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:29 am

Bring back Bill Needle...

Need more of Galeti on the locals...

Believe it or not, Mike Symon would be better than the current jokers, guy knows his Browns 'n Cavs and at least he's funny
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:18 pm

I don't know why people continue to subject themselves to the Cleveland radio scene. In any format or any station.

Just way too many options if music or talk is your thing.

What do you get out of Cleveland talk radio?

Are ya entertained? No. It's awful and then there are awful, numerous commercials between awful talk.

Are ya informed? No. You get as much information and more depth on these boards second after a story breaks and then you get some depth and thoughtful analysis from the writers here hours later.

I honestly don't get it.

It's noise. And it's not a pleasant sounding back drop to your day. They're killing that medium with the shit they put on it.

Maybe it's just a guilty pleasure for some of ya. That's cool I guess. I can't help but look at accident scenes either.

http://www.asylumeclectica.com/asylum/g ... index.html

www.rotten.com
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:04 pm

jb wrote:
Bill the Butcher wrote:Wow, surprised to see alot of Reghi haters.

My $ 0.02.

Play by play? Good. Never had an issue other than his cliche's wore thin. No Hammy but a pro's pro.

Sports talk? Arrogant prick who has bad takes, supremely aweful.

He still believes he is doing play by play the way he dominates the mic, even during interviews. Guy believes his word is gospel, and leans on his being "involved" to trump even the most random and unrelated opinion.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:17 pm

Galetti is the guy that needs to be given the KNR afternoon drive slot. While he isn't a Bill Needle in terms of sports knowledge he can talk sports without the arrogance of Reghi, or the lame whisper-yell rhythm of Munch. He is also a naturally funny guy that can swerve into other topics. Unlike Triv I don't think he takes himself too seriously, and IMO would not get on the irrational crusades that make Triv unlistenable at times.

I get it, you don't like LeBron. But does that mean you have to tie every move to that premise?

Hammer is good until he gets too full of himself. He plays a role, it is when he becomes a characture of himself that he freefalls into douchedom. He needs Riz there to check him. Like JB said solo, or lead guy, he is horrible.

Why the eff was Jeff Thomas run off KNR?
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Cease » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:25 pm

So, I guess no here is doing "Beards for LeBron"? :TD:
Cease

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:27 pm

That tool bag Reghi is still on? Try 1350 for crying out loud. Not the best but beats the hell out of just about anything KNR vomits. The only listenable KNR show is Roda's.

Rizzo is listenable at times, but as soon as Hammer argues continuously over opinion, hangs up on everybody, Rizz goes on a shill party, RJ the Movie Critic (wtf???), or any of the other sideshows, it's click over to Dan Patrick.

And who in the hell is going to hire an intern who argues with the director, talks constantly about her personal life, eats on the air, brings nothing to a (sports) show, who did she blow to get that internship? It certainly isn't anyone on the show, they all hate her.

Jim Rome is listenable in small doses. Dan Patrick the same. Tony Bruno. Nobody's really that good anymore. M&M have some decent guests, but otherwise it's crap. Constant arguing over the same points. Stephen A. Smith is an ass hole in love with Stephen A. Smith. Zaban's shit was old, but it was better than the Uncle Tom show.

Why the hell would anybody pay for radio when the national scene is not really that good either? Pete Franklyn would be a billionaire in this business if he were alive today.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:32 am

Orenthal wrote:Galetti is the guy that needs to be given the KNR afternoon drive slot. While he isn't a Bill Needle in terms of sports knowledge he can talk sports without the arrogance of Reghi, or the lame whisper-yell rhythm of Munch. He is also a naturally funny guy that can swerve into other topics. Unlike Triv I don't think he takes himself too seriously, and IMO would not get on the irrational crusades that make Triv unlistenable at times.

I want to hear about C-town at least 85% of the time. I don't give a shit about 90% of what isn't C-town sports related and crap filler like NHL. Crosby vs Ovechkin, let's debate! Whoooo hooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Want proof the national can be worse than even Reg? Turn on Coward for a week.

Great sports radio is only about 30% knowledge to not have bullshit / horrific takes (Roda's achilles' heel) . The rest is knowing how to ENTERTAIN. That's a combination of letting the callers be empowered and cultivating/ having regulars call, shutting the hell up behind the mike occasioanlly, and flat out engaging in plenty of buffoonery. And yes, that's Joe Bee's, cow bell, top men, Hammer's tongue in cheek dooshbag hata act, etc. Now, you may not find that humerous, but that is subjective. You probably are that segment keeping "Two and a Hal Men" on the air as well. Different strokes yo. If you want to be drop dead serious about sports, join CSML. It's still out there. Give up on radio.

That's the answer to why I listen to C-town sports radio when they have a host that is almost any good, i.e. Rizzo, Galetti, Drennan and Levine. Not perfect but not boring and not moronic knowledge-wise.

PS - YMMV. I'm jus explaining.
Last edited by jb on Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:49 am

Colin Cowherd is the worst abortion to ever be on radio.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jb » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:08 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Colin Cowherd is the worst abortion to ever be on radio.

Why you gotta go there and disrespect a dead fetus, brah?
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:11 am

jb wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Colin Cowherd is the worst abortion to ever be on radio.

lol.

You're right, no need to drag the innocent down with comparisons to Cowturd.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:12 am

jb wrote:

You've got to read more closely, man. He said "worst" abortion. That dead fetus had it comin'.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:45 pm

Agree with JB in that for a mostly local audience you need to have something else to talk about other than sports, IE Drennan and his movies. He was pretty good at balancing out the needed analysis and the OT stuff along with bringing in just enough guest interviews to change pace. He got a bit too artsy fartsy at times but at least you knew it was coming and he usually let you know it advance.

FUDU

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 pm

Cowherd is awful.

Some people like Jim Rome are able to walk the tight rope of being somewhat arrogant without, coming off as just some smug douche. Cowherd, sounds more like he had taken classes from Bill Maher on how to be a good broadcaster, hence why he fails as an interesting radio host.

I'm not saying my cousin...err...this fellow boilermaker fan perhaps didn't deserve to be run, but just even interrupting every 5 seconds prior to allowing him to get a word edge-wise, makes me really actually side with the caller with the piss-poor take, rather than the host.

Triple-S

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:55 pm

SSS, what is your infatuation with posting a video with every comment you make lately?
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture