Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:50 pm

so...I download the most recent 17 minute podcast...annnd..

Sabrina is on talking about her boyfriend or something, I clicked it off within a few minutes

Um, Rizz, if I wanted to hear a girl discuss non-sports things, then I'd hit on some girl at kent, and fake some vague interest in it.

And who is this women anyway? what qualifies her exactly to get air time on a sports talk show over someone who actually has worked in the field? Really I have a few theories as to how she got it, but I think you guys all know what those are.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:14 pm

Triple-S wrote:And who is this women anyway? what qualifies her exactly to get air time on a sports talk show over someone who actually has worked in the field? Really I have a few theories as to how she got it, but I think you guys all know what those are.

Bangin' "Lockdown" ?

Allegedly.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:53 am

jb wrote:
Triple-S wrote:And who is this women anyway? what qualifies her exactly to get air time on a sports talk show over someone who actually has worked in the field? Really I have a few theories as to how she got it, but I think you guys all know what those are.

getting slapped around by "Lockdown" ?

Allegedly.

fixed it for you.

though there's very little humor in that. B-Mac is a POS if it was true.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:25 pm

Triple-S wrote:fixed it for you.

though there's very little humor in that. B-Mac is a POS if it was true.

Depends on what she did.

If she hit him first she's fair game as far as I'm concerned.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:17 pm

I skimmed a page and a half of this thread. 2 words, satellite radio. Best $13 I'll spend this month. Includes internet access to most of the stations as well.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:14 pm

^SR is great, had stock in XM for a long time. While it would solve the problem of quality sports talk, it would not solve the problem of quality local sports talk. I mostly only care for info on our local teams, and since they all suck at the moment I don't think the national guys will devote much time to them.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Spin » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:02 pm

Triple-S wrote:so...I download the most recent 17 minute podcast...annnd..

Sabrina is on talking about her boyfriend or something, I clicked it off within a few minutes

Um, Rizz, if I wanted to hear a girl discuss non-sports things, then I'd hit on some girl at kent, and fake some vague interest in it.

And who is this women anyway? what qualifies her exactly to get air time on a sports talk show over someone who actually has worked in the field? Really I have a few theories as to how she got it, but I think you guys all know what those are.

She's an "intern" from some broadcasting school. Whatever school teaches you to eat on the air, argue with the host, and add nothing to the show whatsoever.

I think she's KNR's answer for Duji and Chunk.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby jb » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:16 pm

Plenty of worse sports talk on sattalite.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:49 pm

So they found a way to f^^k up the podcast..being dead serious.

at first it was just rizzo on the air, just discussing sports for 15 minutes, and now Goldhammer and Fedor talk about their own personal lives on it.

Don't understand it, if I want to hear that I'd tune into WMMS, which I don't normally, with the exception of the Alan Cox Show on occasion mainly because I feel Chad Zumock is pretty funny and overall is an entertaining listen. S

Triple-S

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:24 pm

jb wrote:Plenty of worse sports talk on sattalite.

Poor stuff on satelite to be sure, but worse?

Impossible.

Do yourselves a favor and download Dan Lebetard show on "The Ticket" out of Miami.

Big time guests, including excellent regulars. And the interviews are excellent and also refreshing in the sense that Lebatard doesn't kiss ass, like the per usual canned radio interview.

It's the same set up as Rizzo actually, except LeBatard puts work into the show, unlike Rizzo, and his "sidekick" isn't a total douchebag, and can actually arry the show for an hour if LeBatard is guesting on PTI.

The show is excellent on it's own, but if you've suffered through the shitfest that is the big show for any length of time you'll think it's the greatest show ever.

How KNR can't figure this shit out is beyond me.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:25 am

leadpipe wrote:
jb wrote:Plenty of worse sports talk on sattalite.

Poor stuff on satelite to be sure, but worse?

Impossible.

Cowhers is worse. I flip aroud stuff on mad Dog that's worse. There's other stuff so crappy I don't pay attention to what it is.

Agree on Lebatard
jb

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:23 pm

There are some signs of life locally. X's and O's with the pros on knr with LeCharles Bently and Deron Cherry is really good radio. Bently calling out Holmgren for his saying he had no idea who patches O'Shurlihey's agent was is stuff you don't get. These guys have great stories. mad knowledge, and know how to use it.

Good radio and on after R & R
jb

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:43 pm

jb wrote:There are some signs of life locally. X's and O's with the pros on knr with LeCharles Bently and Deron Cherry is really good radio. Bently calling out Holmgren for his saying he had no idea who patches O'Shurlihey's agent was is stuff you don't get. These guys have great stories. mad knowledge, and know how to use it.

Good radio and on after R & R

Yeah, I like those guys a lot. Actually, they are the only guys I like at all on KNR since Rizzo allowed his show to become an embarrasment.

Also, when I heard that story about Holmgren not knowing that Paddy was a LaMonte client my BS meter went to 11 and them exploded.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:04 pm

When is Fedor going to admit his "sources" are just Mike Florio. Who the hell in the Browns organization who is in the know is going to talk to that putz?
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Ziner wrote:When is Fedor going to admit his "sources" are just Mike Florio. Who the hell in the Browns organization who is in the know is going to talk to that putz?

I love it when they start talking draft and Fedor starts thowing around the phrase "I have him as my..."

eg. "I have Julio Jones as the #3 receiver right now."

:lmfao: It's fucking priceless. He fancies himself some kind of expert. :lmfao:
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cease » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:20 pm

Anybody catch a dose of Fedor and Goldhammer over break without Rizzo?

I found the show much tighter and more topic oriented. Maybe it's the dynamic of Rizzo versus the other two that make them all less listen-able when he is in the studio.

Neither of them have the personality to drive a show and make it likable, and they are still both full of themselves- but the show had a much different tone without Rizzo. Less fun, but much less posturing and arguing just to argue.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:56 pm

I caught a bit of the show today coming back from a vendors. Some lady emailed that she would love to call in but is afraid that Hammer would just run her off the show like everyone else. Rizz was pissed and Hammer was trying to defend what he does. "If a caller is rambling...", "if a caller doesn't make a point". He went as far as asking Rizz if callers really add anything to the show. Of course his buddy Fedor was their to kind of back him up in regards to callers. As has been pointed out NUMEROUS times in this thread, KNR talent has no clue on how to engage an on air debate with callers. It's the talents opinion and everyone else is wrong.

JB said it best pages ago, "I miss WHK."
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm

Ziner wrote:When is Fedor going to admit his "sources" are just Mike Florio. Who the hell in the Browns organization who is in the know is going to talk to that putz?

When Hammer admits his is Mike Lombardi's blog?
jb

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Fedor is that insufferable friend everyone has that just knows everything and can't help but explain it very slowly all up in your face. Then just when you think he is finally done, someone pops into the convo and he starts all over again from the beginning.

It can make for some very bad radio when those three start talking over eachother. Or he gets some infatuation with a player... (Jimmy Clausen)
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:08 pm

I just flipped on Rizzo today. I can't believe they are doing a Sabrina dating show. This is pathetic.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Being honest, I really don't get the contests, sort of find the game show annoying. You flip it on to hear whats going on, and I have to hear some dude answering rejected beer money questions?

Clicked off as soon as the "Date w/ sabrina" contest went on the air. Look, I don't give a shit about this women, she really doesn't add all that much to the show. If you want a minority so badly to give their thoughts on the issues and such in sports (if this is indeed what it is supposedly about), just go down the hall and have Jerod or LeCharles speak on them. Both are far more qualified and knowledgeable and I must say I really enjoy listening to them. I can also guarantee they won't go OT and talk about stupid crap that no one outside of the KNR studios cares about.

In regards to Fedor, just don't feel he's a good fit for the Rizz. show. I actually think he's decent on twitter, but dude doesn't really mesh well with Rizz.

I do agree that when teamed up with Hammer, the two were able to stay on topic during show and it actually ran okay.

Triple-S

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Triple-S wrote:Being honest, I really don't get the contests, sort of find the game show annoying. You flip it on to hear whats going on, and I have to hear some dude answering rejected beer money questions?

Clicked off as soon as the "Date w/ sabrina" contest went on the air. Look, I don't give a shit about this women, she really doesn't add all that much to the show. If you want a minority so badly to give their thoughts on the issues and such in sports (if this is indeed what it is supposedly about), just go down the hall and have Jerod or LeCharles speak on them. Both are far more qualified and knowledgeable and I must say I really enjoy listening to them. I can also guarantee they won't go OT and talk about stupid crap that no one outside of the KNR studios cares about.

In regards to Fedor, just don't feel he's a good fit for the Rizz. show. I actually think he's decent on twitter, but dude doesn't really mesh well with Rizz.

I do agree that when teamed up with Hammer, the two were able to stay on topic during show and it actually ran okay.

Man, I have a tough time believing that the Hammer and Fedor show was anything other than utter crap. And Sabrina, remarkably, brings even less to the show than those two buttholes.

Jerod and LeCharles are the only thing worth listening to on that station.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Man, I have a tough time believing that the Hammer and Fedor show was anything other than utter crap.

Because it is true.

College radio talent meets Howard Cosell sized egos.
jb

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:10 pm

I thought it was a bit of a joke that, apparently Rizzo had this take on the Indians he had been talking about since the beginning of the show.....and it got pushed completely the hell out in favor of discussing the stupid sabrina dating thing.

Look, I can understand if you were trying to make sponsors happy and it's a business, etc. But when you push sports out of a sports talk show, you've got problems.

Triple-S

Unread postby hiko » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Listening to a show featuring Goldhammer & Fedor is like watching a game featuring the Ravens and the Steelers.

And you hope for the same result (and I think you all know what that is).
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:58 pm

hiko wrote:Listening to a show featuring Goldhammer & Fedor is like watching a game featuring the Ravens and the Steelers.

A tie? Has to be a tie.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby hiko » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:03 pm

Ziner wrote:
hiko wrote:Listening to a show featuring Goldhammer & Fedor is like watching a game featuring the Ravens and the Steelers.

A tie? Has to be a tie.

Think Sum of All Fears (another damn Affleck movie).
hiko

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:05 pm

Why don't you rise up and murder these brainless fucks?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Spin » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 pm

Ziner wrote:

A tie? Has to be a tie.

No, for a B-52 to fly over and lay a one mile patch of hell where the stadium use to be.
Spin

Unread postby hiko » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:34 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Why don't you rise up and murder these brainless fucks?

Personally, the list is long and they're at like 22 or 23.
hiko

Unread postby Spin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 am

She looks a lot different than I pictured...
Spin

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:00 am

Spin wrote:She looks a lot different than I pictured...

Yeah like LeCharles Bentley if you shaved her head.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 20, 2011 1:05 am

Spin wrote:She looks a lot different than I pictured...

Her? That's Sabrina?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers, but what's the big deal?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby hiko » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:51 am

I don't mean to introduce controversy, or imply that any of you are wrong for inferring that she's a dumb ho, but Sabrina is attractive. That is an objective fact (as if such a thing existed).
hiko

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:14 am

hiko wrote:I don't mean to introduce controversy, or imply that any of you are wrong for inferring that she's a dumb ho, but Sabrina is attractive. That is an objective fact (as if such a thing existed).

Yeah, she definitely is. But that's the only picture I've seen of her (that I can remember). And I guess it's hard to look like a supermodel outside in the grey under a bunch of layers of Browns gear, but she doesn't look any hotter than a bunch of girls I went to high school with. So I was just wondering why such a big deal is made out of her in particular?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby pup » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:22 am

Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby hiko » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:25 pm

hiko

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:32 pm

rizsrug216

@RizzGood2BAlive wknr rbs "moving" to afternoons cuz reghi, nor roda can put on a show to beat Triv's pathetic show &RBS is not as crappy.

rumor going around.

who are they putting at the 9 am slot then?

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:45 pm

Just so it aint Rheggi...

Anyone know what Peter Brown is up to lately? :hide:
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:48 pm

Spin wrote:Just so it aint Rheggi...

Anyone know what Peter Brown is up to lately? :hide:

X's and O's w/the pros FTW right there.

hell throw in dustin fox in there and you got a damn good lineup.

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:53 pm

So the winner of this contest gets a date with Sabrina.

The runner up gets three dates with Sabrina.
Spin

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:02 pm

They are just switching slots. Shifting chairs on the titanic if you ask me.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:40 pm

Ziner wrote:They are just switching slots. Shifting chairs on the titanic if you ask me.

Yeah X's and O's with Bentley and Cherry is the only show worth drive time.
Orenthal

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:38 am

Triple-S wrote:
rizsrug216

@RizzGood2BAlive wknr rbs "moving" to afternoons cuz reghi, nor roda can put on a show to beat Triv's pathetic show &RBS is not as crappy.

rumor going around.

who are they putting at the 9 am slot then?

Worst kept secret ever. On his twitter account Rizz is hyping the "Big announcement" at 11 am while the R&R account has pretty much said goodbye and thanks for the support.
ReghiandRoda Was this the last day for Afternoon R&R? Check out what could be the final segment and Bump and Run http://www.facebook.com/afternoonrr

WillBurge Our (possibly) last 2 segments will go up on the podcast in about 20 minutes. Follow @reghiandroda for the link. Thanks for all the support
about 14 hours ago via Mobile Web
Retweeted by ReghiandRoda

What's Roda gonna do if he has to get up early everyday to work at 9am instead of hanging out at every Medina watering hole 5 days a week?
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:41 am

Listened to R&R yesterday. Ears are still bleeding.

They did however mention that they did not know anything about it being their last show and were joking as they posted the above news and talking about the last bump and run.

Just sayin...don't get your hopes up.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:20 pm

moving to 9 am to 1 pm.

they added an extra hour. Rizzo is all sad about it.

Triple-S

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:24 pm

Wow, this is an awful idea. Rome was about the only salvation on that station.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:27 pm

Ziner wrote:Wow, this is an awful idea. Rome was about the only salvation on that station.

I really don't understand why they try to go out of their way to ruin such a simple idea really.

Are other cities sports talk this bad?

Triple-S

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:31 pm

Triple-S wrote:
Ziner wrote:Wow, this is an awful idea. Rome was about the only salvation on that station.

I really don't understand why they try to go out of their way to ruin such a simple idea really.

Are other cities sports talk this bad?

Chicago and Denver are both much better
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:38 pm

It could drive people to 1350am as they carry the Rome Show uninterrupted and you can't get 1540 clearly once you're outside city limits. Rome fanatics have got to be pissed. I also think you'll lose listeners during the noon lunch hour. If anything, they should have moved the RBS to 8-12 if they wanted to add an hour.

Should be interesting to hear Reghi crow about his still being in drive time. ::doh::
Larvell Blanks

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture