Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Fedor is 10 times worse than Hammer. Usually about the 2nd time Fedor repeats his same old recycled lame take while trying to prove his point relentlessly is when I turn off the RBS. They are doing their best to ruin that show. Sabo and Thomas were both good and added to the show. This fool takes from it. WKNR must be run by monkeys.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 17, 2010 4:27 pm

Ziner wrote:Fedor is 10 times worse than Hammer. Usually about the 2nd time Fedor repeats his same old recycled lame take while trying to prove his point relentlessly is when I turn off the RBS. They are doing their best to ruin that show. Sabo and Thomas were both good and added to the show. This fool takes from it. WKNR must be run by monkeys.


I bet you get some great radio out there in Boulder. What's the big show, "Spareheel Broccoli and Vegan Vagabonds"?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:59 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I bet you get some great radio out there in Boulder. What's the big show, "Spareheel Broccoli and Vegan Vagabonds"?


Image
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby malinhardly » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:49 am

I like its host range. I like the way it handles calls, and discussions with them. It is extremely radio IMO. It also seems that the trade term is shorter, but it may be because they did not get everyone to ride.I love guys afternoon, and Stephen.
malinhardly
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:41 am
Favorite Player: gdfgd
Least Favorite Player: fdgdfh

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:36 pm

malinhardly wrote:I like its host range. I like the way it handles calls, and discussions with them. It is extremely radio IMO. It also seems that the trade term is shorter, but it may be because they did not get everyone to ride.I love guys afternoon, and Stephen.


Dude, welcome to TCF. I've read all your posts and I'm a big fan. Fuckin' hilarious.

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, but it's some funny shit.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:55 am

Anyone listening to these asshats singing Aerosmith's "Dont Wanna Miss A Thing"? I have heard more entertaining things on public access. Its time for Rizzo to hang em up and the other two should be dragged from the back of a bus. Unreal this passes for radio in this town.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby boilerdaveb » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:01 am

Fedor is terrible.

I heard him on the way to work hosting some Sunday morning show following the Browns, you know, rather than discuss how improved the offense actually looked, Phil Dawson's two great field goals, and TJ Ward's performance.

You were rather instead treated to how it was a "one-off performance" for Delhomme (who he keeps insisting is the worst starting QB in the NFL), how Colt McCoy sucks, how the defense looked bad against the packers (pay no mind that Mangini NEVER shows his real defense in the pre-season.), and just him bitching, and coming off as Greg Brinda's forgotten son.

He took calls and rather then let the callers speak, he chews them out for disagreeing with him.


I did happen to come accross his program on sunday, and couldn't help but laugh at the arguments he was trying to push. One has to love the hypocrisy of reminding us that Delhomme's solid performance ONCE in the preseason does "not at all" mean that he will repeat it in the future WHILE in the same breath he continued tearing on Colt's poor 1 half performance like it was a prequel to what is coming. Talk about a blatant double negative.

Doesn't matter if one is dealing with print, radio, or television, sports reporting is all about making the first declaration like they are fact. He's good, he sucks, he's terrible...and the first person to say something that proves correct thinks they "know" more than someone who might have been wrong. I just listen and read for entertainment, believing I know more about most topics than any host/poster/author does.
boilerdaveb
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:04 pm
Location: Grove City OH
Favorite Player: Melvin Levett
Least Favorite Player: The Big Ticket

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:18 pm

jack_tors wrote:Anyone listening to these asshats singing Aerosmith's "Dont Wanna Miss A Thing"? I have heard more entertaining things on public access. Its time for Rizzo to hang em up and the other two should be dragged from the back of a bus. Unreal this passes for radio in this town.


That must have been pretty bad. Was he serious or was he just goofing around?

I want to know what the holy hell that terrible song is that they always play coming out of the first break? It sounds like something off the soundtrack of American Pie 7. Brutal.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:26 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
jack_tors wrote:Anyone listening to these asshats singing Aerosmith's "Dont Wanna Miss A Thing"? I have heard more entertaining things on public access. Its time for Rizzo to hang em up and the other two should be dragged from the back of a bus. Unreal this passes for radio in this town.


That must have been pretty bad. Was he serious or was he just goofing around?

I want to know what the holy hell that terrible song is that they always play coming out of the first break? It sounds like something off the soundtrack of American Pie 7. Brutal.


Sounded like all 3 were singing and trying to hit the high notes. Like someone skinning a hyena. Awful.. Its a sad state of radio in this town.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:40 pm

And Rome is killing me this week/month too. I get it Jim, you are pumped about your horses. Great, good luck, can we work in some real sports talk between horse takes and prolonged and annoying use of sound bites over and over again? His show is getting as bad as Rizzo's.

Also, great idea on talking about Tebow and his not playing in a preseason game. Awesome take Jim, really, stokes everyone fire talking about why a 3rd string rookie quarterback. I heard the Chargers 4th string kick returner is out with a case of gout. Where's the love there, Pimp in the box?
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:10 pm

jack_tors wrote:Anyone listening to these asshats singing Aerosmith's "Dont Wanna Miss A Thing"? I have heard more entertaining things on public access. Its time for Rizzo to hang em up and the other two should be dragged from the back of a bus. Unreal this passes for radio in this town.


Can you imagine the epic-ness of Rizzo quiting on the air? Damn I'd love to see that.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:19 pm

Triple-S wrote:
jack_tors wrote:Anyone listening to these asshats singing Aerosmith's "Dont Wanna Miss A Thing"? I have heard more entertaining things on public access. Its time for Rizzo to hang em up and the other two should be dragged from the back of a bus. Unreal this passes for radio in this town.


Can you imagine the epic-ness of Rizzo quiting on the air? Damn I'd love to see that.


I have always been okay with Rizzo. I liked the fact he is positive, even if a bit homerish, as most analysts/sports talk/bull shitters are not. However, that show is out of control bad and I am to the point I would only be satisfied with an epic midshow firing of all of them.

And all feelings aside, Aaron Goldhammer is the worst radio personality I ever heard. Guy is a straight up moron and I pray I get the chance to say it to his face.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:43 pm

jack_tors wrote:I have always been okay with Rizzo. I liked the fact he is positive, even if a bit homerish, as most analysts/sports talk/bull shitters are not. However, that show is out of control bad and I am to the point I would only be satisfied with an epic midshow firing of all of them.

And all feelings aside, Aaron Goldhammer is the worst radio personality I ever heard. Guy is a straight up moron and I pray I get the chance to say it to his face.


nothing against rizzo in the least bit, in fact him and jimmy donovan are my two favorite in the world of sports anchors in c-town history.

WKNR though needs blown up though, and blown up real good. Rizzo quiting would pretty much all but destroy that station.

Him hooking up with STO in some shape or form would be even better.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:03 pm

jack_tors wrote:And Rome is killing me this week/month too. I get it Jim, you are pumped about your horses. Great, good luck, can we work in some real sports talk between horse takes and prolonged and annoying use of sound bites over and over again? His show is getting as bad as Rizzo's.

Also, great idea on talking about Tebow and his not playing in a preseason game. Awesome take Jim, really, stokes everyone fire talking about why a 3rd string rookie quarterback. I heard the Chargers 4th string kick returner is out with a case of gout. Where's the love there, Pimp in the box?


Yeah, I like Rome, but his show is almost unlistenable now. The soundbite thing is awful. I don't get to listen often, but the last time I did, he spent about 5 minutes playing the same annoying, unfunny soundbite over and over until I went back to my podcast. For all I know he's still playing that damn thing. This seems to be the rule now, not the exception.

And it seems like his callers are worse than ever. There are 2 types of callers. Those who call to describe 4 different things/interviews that all happened in the last 2 days as "epic", and those who structure an entire take around the lofty goal of fitting in a deep, gutteral "AAAAAASSSSSSSSS" somehow.

His show sucks, and it's a shame. I used to listen all the time.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Aug 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:I want to know what the holy hell that terrible song is that they always play coming out of the first break? It sounds like something off the soundtrack of American Pie 7. Brutal.

"Love Drunk" by Boys Like Girls.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Spin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:22 pm

jfiling wrote:
Motherscratcher wrote:I want to know what the holy hell that terrible song is that they always play coming out of the first break? It sounds like something off the soundtrack of American Pie 7. Brutal.

"Love Drunk" by Boys Like Girls.


What's the reason for the female in that fagfest?
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:30 pm

^^^Well now I'm even more confused. I figured it was a song by Rizzo's or Goldhammer's or whoever's band that they talk about occasionally. I figured that's the only reason they would keep playing it. Now I find out that it's just some random band and they only play that song because they apparently really like it? Seriously?

That song fucking blows. It's not so much that it's bad (it IS bad), but it's more the fact that the song is completely unoriginal. There's not a damn thing interesting about it.

And the pussies that sing it? Christ...they look exactly the way I would expect them to look.

None of which explains what the hell it's doing getting played on the show.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Spin » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:33 pm

jack_tors wrote:I have always been okay with Rizzo. I liked the fact he is positive, even if a bit homerish, as most analysts/sports talk/bull shitters are not.


I've noticed a trend with this recent lineup of "talent" (and I lose that term loosly) each one fills a character role made up by management (Keith Williams?)

You have the hopeless homers Rizzo and Munch
You have the antagonists Reghi and Fedor
You have the grouchy old fart Brinda
You have the man everyone loves to hate Hammer (except nobody loves hating him)
Then you have the Pittsburgh guy trying to play good guy Roda

Nobody is allowed to be themselves. They have to role play.

You have two great hosts, and the best sports show on the air, and you only give them an hour. WTF?

From the city that brought you Pete Franklin...

The one PF protege runs a show that has little if any sports talk, and refused to talk about the biggest story in town the 7 years he was here. Not that I've tuned in the past 3 years. Maybe he's dead by now.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:32 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
jack_tors wrote:And Rome is killing me this week/month too. I get it Jim, you are pumped about your horses. Great, good luck, can we work in some real sports talk between horse takes and prolonged and annoying use of sound bites over and over again? His show is getting as bad as Rizzo's.

Also, great idea on talking about Tebow and his not playing in a preseason game. Awesome take Jim, really, stokes everyone fire talking about why a 3rd string rookie quarterback. I heard the Chargers 4th string kick returner is out with a case of gout. Where's the love there, Pimp in the box?


Yeah, I like Rome, but his show is almost unlistenable now. The soundbite thing is awful. I don't get to listen often, but the last time I did, he spent about 5 minutes playing the same annoying, unfunny soundbite over and over until I went back to my podcast. For all I know he's still playing that damn thing. This seems to be the rule now, not the exception.

And it seems like his callers are worse than ever. There are 2 types of callers. Those who call to describe 4 different things/interviews that all happened in the last 2 days as "epic", and those who structure an entire take around the lofty goal of fitting in a deep, gutteral "AAAAAASSSSSSSSS" somehow.

His show sucks, and it's a shame. I used to listen all the time.


It does suck and the callers are the ones that helped ruin it. The smack off used to be a good group of people laying smack or jokes on sports related topics. Now, its a bunch of jerkoffs talking shit about guys they never met. I mean, how sad is your life when you sit on hold for 3 hrs and plan out a big elaborate take to rip on a guy 2,000 miles away you only know through phone calls to a radio show? Seriously, hang up the phone, make a noose, and do the world a favor.

Overall, you are right, the show took a disturbing turn and probably is not coming back. Which is sad really cause I am not a fan of anything originating from ESPN Radio.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:54 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:^^^Well now I'm even more confused. I figured it was a song by Rizzo's or Goldhammer's or whoever's band that they talk about occasionally. I figured that's the only reason they would keep playing it. Now I find out that it's just some random band and they only play that song because they apparently really like it? Seriously?

That song fucking blows. It's not so much that it's bad (it IS bad), but it's more the fact that the song is completely unoriginal. There's not a damn thing interesting about it.

And the pussies that sing it? Christ...they look exactly the way I would expect them to look.

None of which explains what the hell it's doing getting played on the show.

LOL. Rizzo and the Really Big Show Band did play it live. I'm not sure you wanted to see it, but...
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:33 pm

So Fedor was hosting the Browns pre-game and was listening to this in the car

Exact same talking points, exact same from the week before. I clicked it to FM.

"Jake Delhomme has to prove to me that he's a good quarter back...he's not on the same level as Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rogers..."

"Jimmy Clausen showed me that he could be a starting quarterback within one game of starting in the preseason of the NFL, Colt McCoy will be noting more than a 3rd stringer for his whole career."
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Spin » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:33 am

jfiling wrote:LOL. Rizzo and the Really Big Show Band did play it live. I'm not sure you wanted to see it, but...


The saddest part is that that was the second song by that homo group they sang that evening.

Holy crap I'm glad I didn't invest two hours of my time to watch that sewage.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby DarNoor » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:00 pm

Speaking of bad radio, i was in the car and the Reghi/Rhoda show was on. Reghi is so bad that he makes Rhoda halfway listenable. I could only stand about a minute and a half of Reghi blabbering and then i finally had to turn to a different station. He may be the worst host at the worthless station. And that's saying something.
~D~
DarNoor
 
Posts: 494
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:48 am

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:12 pm

Apparently Rizzo must have been ordered by Rome to play his stupid sound effects repeatedly or maybe Rizzo is just caving and trying to fit in by doing so and referencing KB several times. And did he really have to include Hammer and Fedor on a national broadcast?
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
User avatar
TouchEmAllTime
 
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:43 pm
Location: Boardman
Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:32 pm

Rizzo talks to KB and JStew because they are his crutch. He doesnt prepare for his daily show and figures he can wing the Rome Show as well. He sounds like a damn unprepared fool every time he is on Rome's show. That is why on his show they have the same argument 4 times a week and talk about non-sports related topics. He is talking to KB about his wedding because he has no material.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:02 pm

"We're doing Trivia today to see whom is smarter than sabrina.."

/click/
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:23 pm

I keep sending Rizzo twitter messages that he should resign as the show is a joke. Never again am I wasting time on that crap.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
User avatar
jack_tors
 
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:26 pm
Location: Reminderville, Oh
Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:49 pm

Ziner wrote:Rizzo talks to KB and JStew because they are his crutch. He doesnt prepare for his daily show and figures he can wing the Rome Show as well. He sounds like a damn unprepared fool every time he is on Rome's show. That is why on his show they have the same argument 4 times a week and talk about non-sports related topics. He is talking to KB about his wedding because he has no material.


Exactly.

Not an ounce of effort put into that show. The fact that he's an annoying douche is icing on the shit cake.

Been listening to 790 "The Ticket" out of Miami quite a bit more since the Lebron debacle, and Christ, from the bumpers to everything in between...makes KNR sound even worse - if that's humanly possible.

About the sorriest GD station there ever was.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6643
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:43 pm

I feel bad for you guys in c-town if you try to follow HS football on Friday nights.

In here Ak-Canton we have 1480 WHBC though while hosted by people who are from professional generally have a feel for the passion of the sport

and on 850?

Goldhammer? Really? A guy that's not from here, never played the game (was a figure skater), doesn't understand what that level of football means to this area, is the guy in charge of your high school football coverage.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Cease » Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:09 am

I heard an extended period of Cherry and Bentley the other night and was rather pleased with their show. They seem to have their heads on straight in regards to seeing both the fan's and the athlete's POV's. They dog each other a bit, but it's not trying to be funny at all. Plus, their callers seem to respect them enough not to sh*t on the program.

I need more ear time, but the hour I got last week was bearable.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Spin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:46 am

Triple-S wrote:I feel bad for you guys in c-town if you try to follow HS football on Friday nights.

In here Ak-Canton we have 1480 WHBC though while hosted by people who are from professional generally have a feel for the passion of the sport

and on 850?

Goldhammer? Really? A guy that's not from here, never played the game (was a figure skater), doesn't understand what that level of football means to this area, is the guy in charge of your high school football coverage.


104.5 FM is the place for Wayne County football. They have the game of the week, and have updates on all the games. I've been to places like Mt. Vernon and have people tell me they follow Wayne County football because they listen to it on the radio.

The WCL usually sends a couple teams to the playoffs, plus there's Orrville and Triway. But it's not DI so none of the other media give a crap.
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:57 pm

uhhh...spin, um, about your sig?

Image

Yeah, I know he played for the enemy, but they wern't exactly "losers"

Edit

Plus Lou Holtz being the face of ND during the last time they were in their prime, and Nick Saban as the de-facto face of 'Bama football currently.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jb » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:38 am

Hammer at an all time low today.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:47 am

Let me guess, still complaining that the Buckeyes look lame and should have won 63-0?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13359
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jb » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:12 pm

FUDU wrote:Let me guess, still complaining that the Buckeyes look lame and should have won 63-0?



& bitter it was a great night for Buckeye fan. Pounding the Hatoraide
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:15 pm

He's hung up on me twice (last season) b/c I was destroying his criticisms of the team within 10 seconds of air time, he keeps a list of callers to watch out for and tries to avoid getting them on the air b/c he cannot rebut their takes, it's hilarious.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13359
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:16 pm

yeah god forbid there be a real discussion on talk radio.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:54 pm

FUDU wrote:He's hung up on me twice (last season) b/c I was destroying his criticisms of the team within 10 seconds of air time, he keeps a list of callers to watch out for and tries to avoid getting them on the air b/c he cannot rebut their takes, it's hilarious.


Theay all do that now. Reghi, Roda, Brinda, Fedor, Hammer, etc, etc. Callers get their one statement in than it becomes deadair and the " Well so n so is wrong. I think blah blah blah" and " To ME, blah, blah blah". A lot of has to do with 1)these guys having zero to little knowledge about what they're talking about, 2) having ego's too big because they're big time radio guys and they feel what they spew out is gospel, and 3) they don't know how to have a friendly debate without feeling as if a caller is trying to make them look bad.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
User avatar
Larvell Blanks
 
Posts: 2575
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:15 am
Location: Medina, Ohio
Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:16 pm

The bumper music they use on the RBS is offensive. Seriously. It's an insult to the audience. To me it's reason enough not to listen.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:39 pm

jb wrote:
FUDU wrote:Let me guess, still complaining that the Buckeyes look lame and should have won 63-0?



& bitter it was a great night for Buckeye fan. Pounding the Hatoraide


Too often he takes the heel roll to far. Started out funny when mixed in, not when it can be seen coming a mile away and at times that make him seem like a goof.

Bently and Cherri need that drive time slot so bad. Reghi, well his negatives are pretty much known. I remember feeling bad the Cavaliers fired his ignorant ass. Not so much anymore.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:32 pm

Why don't you people rise up and demand better radio from your real Italians?

I'd pay top dollar to see youtube of this human colon polyp "Hammer" getting kicked in the teeth.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:13 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Why don't you people rise up and demand better radio from your real Italians?

I'd pay top dollar to see youtube of this human colon polyp "Hammer" getting kicked in the teeth.


Waiting for you to do the honors CDT. :thumb up:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Cease » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Orenthal wrote:Bently and Cherri need that drive time slot so bad.


LeCharles Bentley and Je'Rod Cherry have a nice thing going. I rather enjoy their show. They've got a player's perspective, but are pretty down to Earth in their collective POV. Ironically, they aren't hokey enough for drive-time. At least I don't think a program director would think they are a good fit for drive-time, which traditionally calls for high-energy, high-entertainment hosts.

Thing is, if they moved to drive-time, they would probably be asked to add a ton of bullsh*t to the show (coming to you live from Nissan of North Olmsted!), which would prolly water it down a ton. They might be better served in the 7P slot- where it takes some effort to tune in and they get more freedom.

But yeah, I agree in theory. Hope to hear it some day.
User avatar
Cease
 
Posts: 1395
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:47 am
Location: The View
Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:27 pm

I didn't get to listen to much of it, but did hammer man up in regards to TOSU?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:28 pm

Triple-S wrote:I didn't get to listen to much of it, but did hammer man up in regards to TOSU?


Not sure, but listening to 50-year old (married with kids?) Rizzo lech on every 21-year old girl that comes into the studio isn't exactly my idea of great radio.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:09 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I didn't get to listen to much of it, but did hammer man up in regards to TOSU?


Not sure, but listening to 50-year old (married with kids?) Rizzo lech on every 21-year old girl that comes into the studio isn't exactly my idea of great radio.


word around stark co. is that he has "friends" down here.

Nice enough guy though, I've met him and he was actually quite professional whilst covering HS ball down here. So I bear no ill will towards him.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Triple-S wrote:
hermanfontenot wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I didn't get to listen to much of it, but did hammer man up in regards to TOSU?


Not sure, but listening to 50-year old (married with kids?) Rizzo lech on every 21-year old girl that comes into the studio isn't exactly my idea of great radio.


word around stark co. is that he has "friends" down here.

Heh. About 15 years ago I heard the same stuff about Mark Koontz. Apparently he loved the college age trim that partied in the Belden Village area.
jfiling
Old School Writer
 
Posts: 3875
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:14 pm
Location: Akron, Ohio
Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:49 pm

I was listening to the new podcast Rizzo had put up where it's just by himself, and I can't help but think how great it would be if he actually had a legit partner to do it with whom had cred., knew what he was talking about and wasn't trying to use the show as his own spring board to getting a national gig.

Like for example, I really enjoy Pooves and Tripods podcast on here. They have a good chemistry overall and discuss sports and really just cut through the bullshit. They don't have these on air tantrums or play really crappy bumper music (classic van halen for the win.), also they generally seem prepared for their broadcasts and don't cut each other off.

Someone like Kosar may work..just generally a conversation between the two, not so much Rizzo asking him "What do you think is wrong with Delhomme..." stuff like again, what Poove and Tripods do.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Spin » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:47 am

1350 doesn't have Stephen Ahole in the morning anymore, I don't remember the guy's names but it was very listenable.

Their website has nobody listed in that timeslot. Apparently Stephen's schtick doesn't play well in NEOhio.

go figure
User avatar
Spin
 
Posts: 2932
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:16 am
Location: the burbs of Akron
Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Re: Reghi Challenging Listeners To A Fight!

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:03 pm

btw the fans did not ask "for" R&R they were asking "for" it to go away. Rizzo's show has become just about as bad, and if it wasn't for the fact Beck has become the biggest tool of all time, I would never listen.

Someone please kill Chris Fedor...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 3 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 3 guests