Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Kick-Ass

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Kick-Ass

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 10, 2010 12:25 am

Anyone seen this yet? I just got the R5 off torrents and all I can say is, holy shit! That was a really fuckin good action movie, the best i've seen in a long time. I was blown away by the amount of violence. I wasn't impressed by the trailers, but they do it no justice. Really good acting, great action and violence, great soundtrack.

I give it 4 1/2 stars out of 5.

"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Kick-Ass

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon May 10, 2010 11:57 am

It was pretty darn entertaining. Some funny, funny scenes. Certainly worth watching, especially if you're a Tarantino guy.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 10, 2010 2:01 pm

Tarantino hasn't made a movie that violent since Kill Bill. And that didn't have a guy being put in a giant microwave. And I want Nick Cage's weapons room.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jordan kramer » Mon May 10, 2010 4:46 pm

the most ridiculous part of that move isn't that a 12 year old girl can murder 20 thugs at once, its that you can go from being the gay friend to nailing the hottest chick at school is less than a minute. btw that chick had to to be a slut, what was she doin with that dude Rasual, that kat was having crack parties in the projects with whores
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 10, 2010 4:54 pm

jordan kramer wrote:the most ridiculous part of that move isn't that a 12 year old girl can murder 20 thugs at once, its that you can go from being the gay friend to nailing the hottest chick at school is less than a minute. btw that chick had to to be a slut, what was she doin with that dude Rasual, that kat was having crack parties in the projects with whores

That's the point of 90% of action movies, non realism (normally i'm a huge fan of realistic gun play, but it didn't bother me in Kick Ass). It was great action and mayhem, people getting sliced and shot up and comedy to boot. That chick wasn't that hot, brosef. I thought it would be stupid and it turned out to be really good.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby jordan kramer » Mon May 10, 2010 5:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
jordan kramer wrote:the most ridiculous part of that move isn't that a 12 year old girl can murder 20 thugs at once, its that you can go from being the gay friend to nailing the hottest chick at school is less than a minute. btw that chick had to to be a slut, what was she doin with that dude Rasual, that kat was having crack parties in the projects with whores

That's the point of 90% of action movies, non realism (normally i'm a huge fan of realistic gun play, but it didn't bother me in Kick Ass). It was great action and mayhem, people getting sliced and shot up and comedy to boot. That chick wasn't that hot, brosef. I thought it would be stupid and it turned out to be really good.

no i thought it was a decent use of 6.50, just saying the whole gay friend angle has worked maybe 0.000000000009% of the time.

and for a high school student, she's pretty hot bro nameth
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
jordan kramer

Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 10, 2010 5:12 pm

She does look hotter in that pic, bro Montana. Maybe it's because she looks like an adult and not a high school chick?

I think they did the gay friend angle because of comedy not realism.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby StewieG » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:29 am

Finally saw this tonight. Holy shit. They've already announced a sequel. I can't wait.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:44 pm

I really didn't like this movie.

Is it a comedy or an action movie? Because they don't really mix well.

It tries to be funny at times, but other times its just horrific. I'm not going to spoil this movie, but this movie mixes together surreal premises with real-life out comes, absurd interactions with real life emotions. The result, in my opinion, is just nonsense.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby jb » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:04 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Anyone seen this yet? I just got the R5 off torrents and all I can say is, holy shit! That was a really fuckin good action movie, the best i've seen in a long time. I was blown away by the amount of violence. I wasn't impressed by the trailers, but they do it no justice. Really good acting, great action and violence, great soundtrack.

Really, I thought it looked Mike Cera Gay. Based on this take I may have to roll it out.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:03 pm

jb wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Anyone seen this yet? I just got the R5 off torrents and all I can say is, holy shit! That was a really fuckin good action movie, the best i've seen in a long time. I was blown away by the amount of violence. I wasn't impressed by the trailers, but they do it no justice. Really good acting, great action and violence, great soundtrack.

Really, I thought it looked Mike Cera Gay. Based on this take I may have to roll it out.

Why is there a huge backlash against Michael Cera? Everybody makes fun of him now.

How can anyone not like George Michael?

BTW - I haven't seen Kick Ass yet, but it's been recommended to me a few different times.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby jack_tors » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:07 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:Why is there a huge backlash against Michael Cera? Everybody makes fun of him now.

How can anyone not like George Michael?

I like George Michael.. in Arrested Development. Seeing him play the same annoying mope in EVERY movie he is in is really getting old. Especially when the writers for all these other movies arent the AD writers. He just comes off the as an annoying doormat who should be treated like a zero.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:53 am

jb wrote:

Yeah..... I know what you mean. I watched this movie thinking I was gonna hate it.

You probably won't like it.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby waborat » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:00 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Yeah..... I know what you mean. I watched this movie thinking I was gonna hate it.

Watched this last night and really thought it'd be one of those flicks where I walked outta the room after 30 minutes to go outside and pick up dog rolls or something?

I actually liked it as well...

You guys nailed it, kinda like Robocop meets Tarantino meets Lucky Number Slevin or something like that?

A pleasant thumbs up...

And I agree CDT, pretty damn good soundtrack, actually listened thru the credits which is rare
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:20 pm

just saw it. loved it. looking forward to the sequel. also, Hit Girl has a little Natalie Portman in Beautiful Girls to her....
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture