Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

You Don't Know Jack

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

You Don't Know Jack

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 pm

I got a chance this morning to sit down and watch HBO's original movie about Jack Kevorkian and I thought it was incredibly well done. It really got to the essence of why he did what he did and it featured the actual video tapes of his evaluation with the patients. Some people really painted him out to be this horrible guy, but as his character says in the movie, he turned 98% of the people away.

Pacino was outstanding. I fully expected him to be, but it was an award-winning performance IMO.

Anybody else seen this? I mean, we could turn it in to a debate on assisted suicide if we really wanted to, but I get the feeling that most of us on the boards would feel the same way about it. I just wanted to get some other thoughts about the movie.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: You Don't Know Jack

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:38 pm

skatingtripods wrote:I got a chance this morning to sit down and watch HBO's original movie about Jack Kevorkian and I thought it was incredibly well done. It really got to the essence of why he did what he did and it featured the actual video tapes of his evaluation with the patients. Some people really painted him out to be this horrible guy, but as his character says in the movie, he turned 98% of the people away.

Pacino was outstanding. I fully expected him to be, but it was an award-winning performance IMO.

Anybody else seen this? I mean, we could turn it in to a debate on assisted suicide if we really wanted to, but I get the feeling that most of us on the boards would feel the same way about it. I just wanted to get some other thoughts about the movie.

Really good movie. Pacino really showed the human side of Kevorkian. The one the media never bothered to show.

Kevorkian never did anything to anyone who didn't ask, and in some cases beg for it. A person should have the right to die if they want. Putting a terminally ill dog to sleep is considered humane, when Jack does it for a person, people want to call him a murderer.

Really good movie, I highly reccomend it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby waborat » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:25 pm

Been sitting on my DVR since Saturday...

With all these damn basketball games I'm not sure when I'll get around to watching it?

Glad to hear both you guys liked it though...

As soon as I saw Pacino/HBO together, I figured it be good
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby ajunior148 » Tue May 11, 2010 4:07 pm

I watched this last night and loved it, so I'm bumping this thread. So far I'd say this is the best movie I have seen this year.

Highly recommended to anyone, whether you are for or against euthanasia. There were some very intense scenes, and Pacino did an incredible job.
ajunior148

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture