Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Let the Right One in

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Let the Right One in

Unread postby jclvd_23 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 am

Just watched this foreign film the other night through Netflix (Instant Queue) and thought it was a pretty quality vampire flick. It's about a 12 year old boy in a broken home who's constantly bullied around school. He's constantly plotting his revenge while collecting newspaper articles on recent murders in his town. He then meets a 12 year old girl (Eli) who moves in next door who he befriends and later finds out she is a vampire.

I would classify this as a semi-love story/semi-horror film that includes a lot of vampire mythology, but the adolescent love story also drew me in.

I don't want to say too much about the movie, but I was curious to see if anyone else has seen this and to guage others thoughts on it.
jclvd_23

Favorite Player: Jack Tatum
Least Favorite Player: Pittsburgh/UM/UF Fan

Re: Let the Right One in

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:47 pm

jclvd_23 wrote:Just watched this foreign film the other night through Netflix (Instant Queue) and thought it was a pretty quality vampire flick. It's about a 12 year old boy in a broken home who's constantly bullied around school. He's constantly plotting his revenge while collecting newspaper articles on recent murders in his town. He then meets a 12 year old girl (Eli) who moves in next door who he befriends and later finds out she is a vampire.

I would classify this as a semi-love story/semi-horror film that includes a lot of vampire mythology, but the adolescent love story also drew me in.

I don't want to say too much about the movie, but I was curious to see if anyone else has seen this and to guage others thoughts on it.

Sounds like Twilight ripped this story off. Checked the dates, the book this movie was based on was released in 2004 in Sweden. Twilight came out in 2005.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:22 pm

It's a pretty good movie. Not "the best vampire movie ever" as the box would have you believe, but decent. The dubbing pissed me off.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:20 pm

LTROI is badass. I bought it after reading about it and watching some clips.

They're remaking an American version called "Let Me In", it's going to be out next October. It's definitely going to be worse, but I have hope because the kid from The Road plays the main character.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1228987/
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture