Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Movie news for guys that like movies

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Movie news for guys that like movies

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:15 pm

If anyone is interested, Bryan Singer announced that he will be directing the new "X-Men: First Class" film which I think is great news considering his first two X-Men films were great and then as soon as other directors stepped in for X3 and Wolverine the franchise went to shit.

Also, they are working on a new Predator movie called Predators and no it's not another Alien vs Predator movie, thank God. The cast already included Tohpher Grace and Adrian Broody but now there is word that Laurence Fishbourne, is in. I don't know about you but the prospect of Morpheus going up against a Predator sounds good to me. I'm not holding my breathe though since both AVP movies were terrible. The new game should be good though.

Finally, the Iron Man 2 and Alice in Wonderland trailers are up. Can't wait for the Iron Man follow up and Tim Burton's version of Alice with Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter is going to be nuts.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmwNvc-0tH0&feature=related[/youtube]

Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Re: Movie news for guys that like movies

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 pm

X-Men did kinda fall off for me... and it was actually when the third one came out (and never cared enough to see Wolverine). Gee, thanks Brett Ratner. Just make another Rush Hour or something.

I'm more interested with Iron Man 2, for sure. I also wish Norton would sign on to make a new Incredible Hulk, but if I remember correctly, he had disdain for the original they made (which I liked ALOT).

And still, I don't care for Tim Burton films.
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Also, why isn't this in the Movie forum?
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:09 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:Also, why isn't this in the Movie forum?

Funny story. I thought I was in the movie forum. I was going to delete it and post it in there but the delete option is gone. If someone could move it that would be great.

I'm excited for a new X-Men film if Ratner is indeed back at the helm.
Shadow Scars

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:40 pm

Shadow Scars wrote:I'm excited for a new X-Men film if Ratner is indeed back at the helm.

You mean Singer?...
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:36 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:
Shadow Scars wrote:I'm excited for a new X-Men film if Ratner is indeed back at the helm.

You mean Singer?...

yes lol. :bag:
Shadow Scars

Unread postby noles1 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:36 pm

Bill the Butcher wrote:X-Men did kinda fall off for me... and it was actually when the third one came out (and never cared enough to see Wolverine). Gee, thanks Brett Ratner. Just make another Rush Hour or something.

I'm more interested with Iron Man 2, for sure. I also wish Norton would sign on to make a new Incredible Hulk, but if I remember correctly, he had disdain for the original they made (which I liked ALOT).

And still, I don't care for Tim Burton films.

Actualy Norton was very proud of the Hulk movie. He was pissed at the production company and studio because they cut about 12-15 minutes from it. Now I don't know if he would make another but I think they could really do something big if they could team so shit up like they do in the animated series.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:10 am

noles1 wrote:Actualy Norton was very proud of the Hulk movie. He was pissed at the production company and studio because they cut about 12-15 minutes from it. Now I don't know if he would make another but I think they could really do something big if they could team so shit up like they do in the animated series.

Ahhh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.

But anyway, that's what they plan on doing. Hence the cameo of Stark in the Hulk as well as the appearance and mentioned plan of Samuel L. Jackson's character (name is blanking on me now) in the first Iron Man. Let's hope it follows through. Because that would just be Bad. Ass.
Bill the Butcher

Unread postby jfiling » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:00 am

Bill the Butcher wrote:
noles1 wrote:Actualy Norton was very proud of the Hulk movie. He was pissed at the production company and studio because they cut about 12-15 minutes from it. Now I don't know if he would make another but I think they could really do something big if they could team so shit up like they do in the animated series.

But anyway, that's what they plan on doing. Hence the cameo of Stark in the Hulk as well as the appearance and mentioned plan of Samuel L. Jackson's character (name is blanking on me now) in the first Iron Man. Let's hope it follows through. Because that would just be Bad. Ass.

Sam Jackson was Nick Fury, the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. /comicbookgeek
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby biscuitsandgrady » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:29 pm

jfiling wrote:
Bill the Butcher wrote:

Sam Jackson was Nick Fury, the head of S.H.I.E.L.D. /comicbookgeek

I'm glad they casted Sam Jackson as Nick Fury! An Avenger's film would be pretty sick but I did read that Ed Norton was not signing on as the Hulk, which is a shame because I did enjoy him in the revamped version. And now worries man, I'm a comicbookgeek myself, tho quite partial to the Marvel universe.
biscuitsandgrady

Favorite Player: Grady Sizemore
Least Favorite Player: Detroit Tigers

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture