Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Anyone like the F/X channel?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Anyone like the F/X channel?

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:16 pm

F/X is one of my favorite channels. I used to watch "The Shield" all the time, which was very addictive. Since its ended, there's really nothing I want to watch.

"Sons of Anarchy" is ok.

"It's Always Sunny..." is ok.

"Testees" was funny of the episodes I saw, and I think it was cancelled.

"Nip/Tuck" was interesting a few years ago, but now its just weird and disturbing.

I saw a trailer for a new series coming out in Jan or Feb, called "Justified" with Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins (the shield). I hope its interesting, and nothing like "The Riches".
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Re: Anyone like the F/X channel?

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:26 pm

Always Sunny has taken a slight downturn this season, but seasons 1 & 2 were damn good. Also, if you haven't check it out yet watch "The League" which comes on right after Always Sunny. Fantastic.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Guest » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Just found this out the other day. Shawn Ryan, who wrote The Shield, became a writer on the second season of Lie To Me. Not sure what channel that's on and I haven't seen it myself, but anyone interested in The Shield should check it out.

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote:Always Sunny has taken a slight downturn this season, but seasons 1 & 2 were damn good. Also, if you haven't check it out yet watch "The League" which comes on right after Always Sunny. Fantastic.

I've been meaning to watch the "The League", I saw all the funny commercials. But I kinda forget its on. I guess its on the wrong day of the week for me to watch it. I've missed the first 5 episods already. If I remember I'll watch it tomorrow.

I also agree that Always Sunny isn't as cracked up as it used to be. Last episode I saw was horrible and dumb, it was about doing a play on stage...
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:39 pm

The Shield was meh.

First season of the Riches rocked.

And this thread is pretty damned stupid. How do you like a channel because one show is on it while calling everything else on said channel meh?

And that always Sunny Play is the shiz.

Feh to you Reddawg, although your not liking Zombieland if not for Bill Murry stupidity is making more sense now.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:44 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The Shield was meh.

First season of the Riches rocked.

And this thread is pretty damned stupid. How do you like a channel because one show is on it while calling everything else on said channel meh?

And that always Sunny Play is the shiz.

Feh to you Reddawg, although your not liking Zombieland if not for Bill Murry stupidity is making more sense now.

I also watch F/X for some of the movies they have. I don't watch ABC, NBC, or CBS all that much. I just like some of the series' on F/X.

Bill Murray was f***ing funny in Zombieland, which made the movie for me. Just my taste in movies and shows. Everyone has their taste.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby Shadow Scars » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:31 pm

The League is sooo funny. I love it. Plus, Jon Lajoie is on it. Anyone who's ever been on youtube knows who that is.
Shadow Scars

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby RC » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:51 pm

I really like the show Rescue Me on F/X when it's on. But I really don't watch any of the other shows on that channel.
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby Bill the Butcher » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:37 am

I'm sure the other shows are good, but I only watch Sunny here and there. Me likey.

KITTEN MITTONS!
4thQtrGlory wrote:If we got all that, i would hang a browns flag from my boner for 2 weeks straight...
Bill the Butcher

Favorite Player: Federer
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture