Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Twilight-the hype is annoying

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Twilight-the hype is annoying

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 pm

..and I don't understand it, from book snobs I've met they've said the books are a slight step up from a trashy romance novel, the movie is god awful as well from the reviews I've read and from my best friend who was dragged to this movie said it sucked. Also, I feel sort of bad for the main actor in a way.

"I just don't want someone to have a needle and give me HIV and I don't want to get shot or stabbed."

Pattinson recalled one time where a group of girls approached him bleeding from scratches they had just opened up on their necks.

"They were like, 'We did this for you' … I didn't know what to say — 'Thank you, guys?'"

Pattinson said he feels vulnerable at big film events such as premieres, where he could be the target of an overly obsessive fan or even a terror attack.

He admits struggling to come to terms with fame since the release of the first movie, which grossed more than $350m worldwide.

He has difficulty coping with so many people trying to "ambush" him in public and at home.

He said he has come to accept the attention, but would be prepared to give away acting away for his first passion — music — if the fans ever became too much

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/entertain...ice-open-necks

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Twilight-the hype is annoying

Unread postby Guest » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:40 pm

Great picture.

I honestly hope that I have time to get to this awful movie and review it before I head off to the Bahamas two days after Thanksgiving. I have a special plan for this.

OTOH...I'm sure my kid sister and my 13 year old niece will end up hating me for it, as they were two of the idiots...er...fans going to the midnight showings.

Hate it for them.

2nd OTOH...no matter what...it still can't be as bad as "2012". Review from that coming in a day or three.

Unread postby Cease » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:55 pm

Don't know if this nails it, but I think of this gem by Craig Ferguson when it comes to hype, advertising, and youth. Always worth a viewing.

Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:22 pm

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby TIMMAH » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:50 pm

HAHA! Love the pic and it's a perfect example. A cool vampire movie use to be bad ass Blade. Now it's fag ass Twilight. There is no way I'd ever see one of those movies.

Trains, planes, or automobiles *cocks shotgun* ... better have my DONUTS.
TIMMAH

Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: The Steelers

Unread postby jb » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:37 pm

Cease wrote:Don't know if this nails it, but I think of this gem by Craig Ferguson when it comes to hype, advertising, and youth. Always worth a viewing.

spot on.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 pm

Cease wrote:Don't know if this nails it, but I think of this gem by Craig Ferguson when it comes to hype, advertising, and youth. Always worth a viewing.

Agree; my age group close, and the group below me like a glove...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:40 am

The hype for anything like this is annoying but it's a big money maker so we're going to hear about it until it stops the cash registers from ringing. It crosses a few female demographics (tweens, teens, early 20's) so yes it's going to get pimped and pimped hard. Just like...

New Kids
Backstreet Boys/N'sync
Hannah Montana
Spice Girls
etc
etc

I guess the only thing to throw SSS completely over the edge would be to have the Twilight stars talk about "Steeler Nation" and sign on to do Miracle Whip commercials.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:42 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:I guess the only thing to throw SSS completely over the edge would be to have the Twilight stars talk about "Steeler Nation" and sign on to do Miracle Whip commercials.

Nice one. :lmfao:

Triple-S

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture