Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Law Abiding Citizen

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Law Abiding Citizen

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:28 am

Anyone else get a chance to check this movie out yet?

I just saw it today. It's a pretty good movie, but the ending leaves a lot to be desired. I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it, but as I read in some IMDB comments, this movie really had the potential to be as awesome as Taken. I still felt it was good, and would probably get it pre-owned on DVD, but man, they could have finished the story better.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Law Abiding Citizen

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:55 am

I saw it and agree with your take, ST. It had a lot of potential but kinda fell into the common theme where plot line can be replaced with explosions and gory scenes. Both Jaime Foxx and Gerard Butler were good enough to carry the movie but it fell kinda short in my eyes. Under a better director/writer, this could have been outstanding.

On an amazing side note, a friend of mine saw a sneak preview of the film and he said that at the end, half of the theater stood and gave it a standing ovation. Now, who does that at a movie theater for any film is beyond me but the fact that so many people did so for this film is down right absurd.
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture