Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

24 Season 8

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: 24 Season 8

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:18 pm

Mitch wrote:
Pup wrote:The No Look Tracheotomy was what I have been looking for out of Jack all season. He did have to return to Soft Jack for a spell, but it looks like with some shock treatment coming up in the coming weeks we are in for a solid finish to the Death Count.

And that first stab by Renee...that was square in the eye, correct? How does that go about a woman scorn?

That comment's going to find it's way into the recap...no doubt. Beats what I have already written.

Yep...left eyeball for Renee. And a bit of a "squish" sound effect, too.

I'm a little more generous than Peeker. This episode was 40 minutes pure pain...KevinBob, President Taylor, Achmed Hassan (my new name...I KEEEEEL YOU!)....10 minutes great scenes with Jack and Renee. 10 minutes commercials.

Renee- "I've got nothing."

Jack- "You've got me."

"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:26 pm

Renee- "I've got nothing."

Jack- "You've got an incredible rack."

I should have been a writer on the show.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:27 pm

I don't watch 24.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:28 pm

Next Monday I recommend no one watch the show and instead just look at this for an hour (nearly the same amount of action):

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cease » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:30 pm

How anyone can watch 24 without a DVR is beyond me.

Still watching, still enjoying my own annoyance. I think the writers/directors take the frustration of a storyline into account when they decide who to ax next. They know we hate Starbuck/Bosefus, so things better turn on them, just to give us relief/energy/belief that things are moving in the plot.

I thought they we were headed to a horrible "Renee is crazy/ now she's imagining things" story arc when she told CTU that Jack as "taken by the Russians." Gawd, I hope they just skip it and just believe her.

Not sure if I've expressed my appreciation for CTU apparently being either on Ellis or Liberty Island, with under-river tunnel access. Or, is it nearer where Pauly got capped in "The Godfather?"

In Jack I Trust.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:15 pm

~They took things to a new level last night with the lack of real time realism. Jack gets stabbed in the gut, and less than five minutes later he is pain free, no longer bleeding, and acting like nothing happened.

~What's more annoying? The hilljack ex-boyfriend story line in general? The contorted facial expressions when Dana Walsh is talking on the phone to Billy Bob? Or the peering glances in the background every time she darts off to field one of that farkin hilljacks phone calls? I can't take it anymore. The storyline fills me with rage. I want to find out where the executive producer lives, abduct him, then perform a "best of Jack Bauer" series of torture activities on him and his family members.

~Keanu Reeves thinks Freddie Prinze Jr is a bad actor.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:29 am

was that "24" or a "lethal weapon" ripoff i watched last night??? i swear all that was missing was gary busey's horse teeth.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Favorite Player: joe thomas
Least Favorite Player: lebron james

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:01 am

davemanddd wrote:was that "24" or a "lethal weapon" ripoff i watched last night??? i swear all that was missing was gary busey's horse teeth.

Close - It was a Lethal Weapon/Die Hard mash up. When Jack walked out of the room without his shoes, I expected Stolskiovich (or whatever his name is) to say "Shoot the glass." Then with Jack under the table, I thought the Russian would jump up on it and taunt Jack until Jack shot him through the table.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby htown_dawg » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:02 pm

The only redeeming quality to last night's episode was Renee's...umm...assets bouncing down the stairs.

Maybe the 24 writers can get together with the writers of Heroes and have Hiro pop in and fight his archnemesis Josef (Adam Monroe from Heroes). Hiro could bring Sylar along so we could see the ultimate death match: Jack Bauer vs. Sylar.
htown_dawg

Unread postby davemanddd » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:38 am

htown_dawg wrote:The only redeeming quality to last night's episode was Renee's...umm...assets bouncing down the stairs.

Maybe the 24 writers can get together with the writers of Heroes and have Hiro pop in and fight his archnemesis Josef (Adam Monroe from Heroes). Hiro could bring Sylar along so we could see the ultimate death match: Jack Bauer vs. Sylar.

sylar was already on 24 once before. he played a data analyst named adam in season 3, one of the few guys not to have died in that position.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue Feb 23, 2010 5:06 am

farhad is such a wimp. i need someone to come get me. i'm hurt. well boo-hoo-hoo. you shoulda thought of the potential consequences of trying to start a nuclear war, a$$wipe. anyway, jack was at his bad-ass best tonite. when he came into ctu and made a bee-line for renee's holding cell, you just new it was gonna be good. he sure put that bureaucratic bitch in her place who was trying to set renee up to take a fall too. but the best line of the night was when the ctu guard pointed his gun at jack and jack gave him his patented calm but stern bad-mo-fo face and said "you don't wanna do that son" and proceeded to take renee and just walked out the door right past him. too bad there was another guard waiting outside in the hallway to zap him from behind with a tazer. the whole time this was going on i kept thinking of "don't taze me, bro, don't taze me". hee-hee!!! well then, after some serious prompting from forrest gump's best buddy, i guess it looks like jack's gonna "jump back in with both feet" next week as he tries to save farthead, err, farhad and stop the islamic terrorist group du jour from using their so-called "radiological device" on american soil. mitch will probably have to use a calculator to add up the bauer body count next week. we can only hope.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:51 am

The dumbest thing about season 8 of 24...why in the world would the Russians take the nuclear material out of Kryplackistan or wherever they got it, then bring it TO THE US in order to facilitate the deal with the fake Iranians, only to have the fake Iranians have to smuggle it BACK out to Fake Iran? Why wouldn't the deal go down in Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, or some other backwater shithole overseas? Why would you take the most screened-for material in the world and smuggle it into and then out of the country with the highest level of border technology in the world? The only thing dumber would have been to try the deal in Israel.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby davemanddd » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 pm

monday 3/1 show was the worst episode of the season so far imo. twas much adieu about nothing if you ask me. dana/jenny and mr. sarah michele gellar disposed of the kevin bobsie twins in the swamp. wonder how she's going to explain her change of clothes, let alone where she's been when she gets back to ctu after having been gone for over 2 hours now while in the middle of a terrorist crisis without telling anyone where she was going??? farthead died by 2 bullets to the belly while jack is moving around like nothing happened after he was stabbed in the stomach himself by renee some 4 hours or so earlier. meanwhile, jack cornered the dumbest suicide bomber in the world in what looks like michael jackson's former hyperbaric sleeping chamber. dammit, where the hell is "bubbles" when you need him??? the highlight of the night was watching kyla hassan get it on with tarin for about 20 seconds. yee-haw!!!
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:37 pm

My favorite part of the latest episode was the 12 yr old CTU agent being near tears while on assignment in NYC. I'd hate to see the 'guys' who were sent to the Des Moines field office.

This show is now like being a Browns fan for most of the past ten years: it makes you wonder why you still care and why you still watch.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby radiantcar » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:55 pm

Where's Mitch's review of Monday's show? I can't find it in the new format; or maybe he hasn't posted it yet? I'm fiending for it!
radiantcar

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: le bron james

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:59 pm

radiantcar wrote:Where's Mitch's review of Monday's show? I can't find it in the new format; or maybe he hasn't posted it yet? I'm fiending for it!

He said it was delayed because of a business trip and it's waiting on his DVR back home. Don't know when the review will drop, hopefully by Sunday as his reviews are the only reason to watch this awful season.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby waborat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 pm

Peeker643 wrote:
This show is now like being a Browns fan for most of the past ten years: it makes you wonder why you still care and why you still watch.

My wife still watches this religiously...

I gave up when Jack's daughter was stuck in the bunker with the mountain lion trying to eat her...

But doesn't say much for me, check out my "Saw" thread today...good grief
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby pup » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:30 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
radiantcar wrote:Where's Mitch's review of Monday's show? I can't find it in the new format; or maybe he hasn't posted it yet? I'm fiending for it!

He said it was delayed because of a business trip and it's waiting on his DVR back home. Don't know when the review will drop, hopefully by Sunday as his reviews are the only reason to watch this awful season.

You got it all wrong.

Stop watching and just read the reviews. It is working great for me.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby mitchcyrus_old » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Yeah, sorry for the delay. I had my flight to San Francisco all worked out to get here in time to watch it...and then I was stuck an extra three hours in Detroit...certainly the armpit of the world.

Can't even watch the damn thing online as the wireless here is so slack that it can't stream...so I'll get home around 12:30 Saturday morning, and then watch it on DVR as soon as I catch some Zzzs. Should be posted Saturday evening.
mitchcyrus_old

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:00 pm

hurry back, mitch!!! oh and a safe trip home too!!! by the way, what airline has you take a connecting flight from cleveland to detroit before going to san francisco??? i will be sure to avoid them like the plague. every other time that i have ever gone to california, or anywhere out west for that matter, i almost always go through chicago.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby mitchcyrus_old » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:10 pm

davemanddd wrote:hurry back, mitch!!! oh and a safe trip home too!!! by the way, what airline has you take a connecting flight from cleveland to detroit before going to san francisco??? i will be sure to avoid them like the plague. every other time that i have ever gone to california, or anywhere out west for that matter, i almost always go through chicago.

I live in NC, so using Delta, it was going out through Detroit, and coming back I'll be going through Atlanta.

Kind of like figuring out which is worse; the Ratbirds or the Pittspuke Inbreds.
mitchcyrus_old

Unread postby davemanddd » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:09 am

mitchcyrus wrote:
davemanddd wrote:hurry back, mitch!!! oh and a safe trip home too!!! by the way, what airline has you take a connecting flight from cleveland to detroit before going to san francisco??? i will be sure to avoid them like the plague. every other time that i have ever gone to california, or anywhere out west for that matter, i almost always go through chicago.

I live in NC, so using Delta, it was going out through Detroit, and coming back I'll be going through Atlanta.

Kind of like figuring out which is worse; the Ratbirds or the Pittspuke Inbreds.

now that's what i call a dilemma!!! :puker:
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:41 am

davemanddd wrote:
mitchcyrus wrote:

now that's what i call a dilemma!!! :puker:

Never, ever, ever ,ever EVER go through Atlanta unless documented cases of plane and airport cancer have struck every single other option.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:42 am

You got it all wrong.

Stop watching and just read the reviews. It is working great for me.

I think I'm at that point. It's been pretty unbearable the last 3-4 weeks.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby Cease » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:11 am

Dare I say pretty good episode last night.

-Good twist on bad guy turning good (they hooked me).
-Stephen Root is one of my favorite actors, like his role here although I'm done with Hooker Barbie's storyline.
-Now calling bad guy "Evil Jim Rome" due to goatee and beady eyes/intense stares. Want to see him with a wall of fire backdrop, burning on the NFLPA.
-Taking out CTU tosses the whole salad. Good turn. I'm hoping Arlo somehow gets biz with Kaila Hassan.
Cease

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:53 am

1. What the hell was that cop thinking by jumping into the car? There was 5 seconds left when he got in. How far did he think he was going to get?

2. It's incredible that EvilRome and Tarin knew exactly down to the second how long it would take for Whatsherface to pull up to CTU. Good thing she didn't get stopped at a red light or have to wait for some old lady to cross the street at any point.

3. What in God's name is wrong with Dana? How the hell does she let some hillbilly parole officer push her around? He keeps threatening to go over her head to get what he wants. Wouldn't your response be: "Fine. Call whoever you want. You're a fucking parole officer. If you can get the head of CTU I'm sure he's going to want to give a lot of time to some parole officer complaining about something he hasn't even heard of. Now, I'm busy, so get the fuck out of here before I call security. If I ever get time to talk to you I'll let you know."

or something to that effect.

4. FPJ is absolutely brilliant in this role (any role actually).

5. How was Root just wandering around CTU in the middle of a national crisis?

6. I'm going through Renee withdrawl and I'm not happy about it.

7. When was Signs made? Wasn't it around 2002-2003? How in the world did Cherry Jones age 28 years since then?

8. Smart terrorists would have left a bomb in the bank vault (like a DVD of Scooby Doo) HEYOOOOO! But seriously, why didn't they leave a bomb?

9. Is it me or does it seem like it's remarkably easy to elude the NYPD and CTU this season? They can't catch anyone.

10. It's a good thing that President Omar had Folder 33 (or wahtever they called it) on his laptop that he brought to the conference IN THE USA! Seems like a good risk to take. I'm sure there were a lot on good reasons to bring a computer loaded with state secrets along...just in case.

that is all for now.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby davemanddd » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:27 pm

it seems to me that we need to get that bad guy facial recognition software in all of the airports now so we can go back to racial profiling actual terrorists instead of frisking 80-year old grannies and 10-year old boy scouts. why is it that there has never been an israeli airplane flight hijacked or blown up??? because they use state of the art terrorist detection protocols that look to actually prevent things from happening instead of simply reacting to things that have already happened. it seems to me this country could stand to learn a thing or two from "24".
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby radiantcar » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:11 pm

Dana's the mole; Chloe pulled a gun on the snotty-ass guy; Renee saves Jack's life --- we must be at the halfway mark for the day and the energy just jumped up a few notches!!! But, Dana's the mole?!?! Oh, well.....can't wait to see Mitch's take on all of this. Will he be bringing back the "Where are they now?" feature? Will Renee get her own body count list? Will he give us his critique of her rack (I'm a middle-aged woman, and even I noticed it this week)? Can't wait.
radiantcar

Unread postby Guest » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:53 pm

radiantcar wrote:Dana's the mole; Chloe pulled a gun on the snotty-ass guy; Renee saves Jack's life --- we must be at the halfway mark for the day and the energy just jumped up a few notches!!! But, Dana's the mole?!?! Oh, well.....can't wait to see Mitch's take on all of this. Will he be bringing back the "Where are they now?" feature? Will Renee get her own body count list? Will he give us his critique of her rack (I'm a middle-aged woman, and even I noticed it this week)? Can't wait.

Article is loaded, Swerb will post in an hour or so.

The Milk Carton made a slight appearance last week, so I left it off this week. Might come back next week, although it looks like the President that makes George Bush look like George Washington re-appears tomorrow.

No Renee Body Count yet, but that was a good idea. I did start another type of count today, but I'll save that until you read it.

The only rack comment this week is about Dana's. As in, Milton Prady felt it up as he was "struggling" while being strangled. Good play, Stephen Root!

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm going to attempt (most likely unsuccessfully) to articulate the ridiculousness of the Dana story line and why it keeps bugging me more and more. I like to work in lists.

1. It's neither here nor there but...what an absolute waste of Stephen Root's talent.

2. Just how old is Dana supposed to be? In the few years since she was boosting cars with KevinBob in Bumfuck Mississippi she managed to become a computer expert, get recruited by Stupidistan radicals, apply for and secure a job at CTU despite a checkered past, advance all the way to Head Of Computer Stuff at CTU, meet and ensnare Freddie P in her nefarious web, date/sex him up long enough to be engaged. How could the writers explain this impossible chain of events.

3. Why does 24 have to have ANOTHER freakin' mole? Is it really necessary EVERY SEASON?

4. Now that we know that she's the mole, why in the hell did she give a crap about KevinBob's arrival in the first place? If she's helping terrorists secure nuclear rods, and then changing the plan to blow them up in the city today, why did she care about that hilljack? She couldn't possibly have thought that she was going to help the terrorists in their plan, never be found out, and live happily ever after as wife of FPJ and a gainful employee of CTU. Her plan must have involved escape of some sort.

So, if she planned (as she must have) to leave the country after the terrorist plot, why did she care about what Kevinbob had to say? I mean, realistically, how soon could some hilljack get anyone important's attention in order to blow the whistle on her hillbilly, chrystal meth smoking past? Certainly longer than 1 day, right? So who cares what he does? But she instead decides to help them break into a govmnt facility? Because there's less risk in that? All while she's trying to keep everyone in the dark, explain to FPJ, AND help the terrorists with their plot?

Remember, the original plan just a few hours ago was to smuggle the rods out of country. They had to change things on the fly. Since she's up to speed with the new plot she must have been in touch with the terrorists the entire time. She's a hell of a multitasker.

5. Along the same stupid line, why did she care about Milton? Really, how much trouble could a parole officer make in the span of the next few hours that she needs to finish the plot and make her getaway? Hell, it would have made more sense for her to give Milton what he needed. An address, description of the van, tell him that she met him that night at the club...whatever. How fast could he really chase down those leads and find the van/bodies/whatever? He would have been out investigating for the next week.

No, it made much more sense to play stupid and ensure that Milton would stay around annoying people and asking questions. Then kill him and stuff him in the vent. That's a lot less risky.

6. Finally, wouldn't it have been a lot more interesting this season to not have a mole? Just because it's surprising and nobody saw it coming doesn't make it a good plot line or interesting. It just makes it ridiculous and illogical, and that makes the show worse. They started down this stupid path (Dana's past) and for some reason felt the need to stick with it. OK then, if you must, isn't it MUCH more interesting to have Dana just play a CTU employee who's life is spiraling out of control as she tries to keep this together.

Dana The Mole is a much worse/boring/uninteresting storyline than Dana The Hilljack Who's In Over Her Head And Just Killed Milton And Is Running Out Of Options storyline. Not that it was any good to begin with. But they just made it much worse.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:41 pm

How fast could he really chase down those leads and find the van/bodies/whatever?

It's the 24 Universe so probably.... 10 minutes.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:27 am

Can we dub last night's episode as:

"24: The Halftime Speech Edition"

From "we are Americans and this is what we do" all the way to "I know we all have peeps in town and we are not allowed to inform them of this danger so our only option is to stop it". Back to back even. Fantastic.

I guess they don't realize they have Mike Jordan on their team.

Too bad we are going to have to sit through 30 minutes of President Doofus reprimanding her General starting at minute 16 next week.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Cease » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:53 am

Did they mention that there are 10 hours left at the end of the show? That would make this a "34," no? I could have sworn this 24 started at like 8AM...

If there are 10 hrs. left, they are going to attempt to give viewers a grand finale and sew up all of the loose ends for the show's characters. Who am I kidding? Jack is the only one that really needs resolution. It's going to get very soap-opera in those last hours, folks.
Cease

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:44 pm

I've heard various places that this season will end as a set-up to the planned movie.

Take from that what you will.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby davemanddd » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:57 pm

Peeker643 wrote:I've heard various places that this season will end as a set-up to the planned movie.

so "24" will become "26" with a final 2-hour movie in which jack and everybody else dies??? or will they rap the tv series up at 22 hours and then have the resulting 2:00 pm cliffhanger completed by the movie that will take up the final 2 hours??? i just don't get it.
dave . . .
davemanddd

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:01 pm

davemanddd wrote:
Peeker643 wrote:I've heard various places that this season will end as a set-up to the planned movie.

so "24" will become "26" with a final 2-hour movie in which jack and everybody else dies??? or will they rap the tv series up at 22 hours and then have the resulting 2:00 pm cliffhanger completed by the movie that will take up the final 2 hours??? i just don't get it.

I'm assuming it'll be closer to the first idea. They'll wrap up the '24' this season and have a two hour movie to tie up all loose ends and maybe resolve some crisis that pops up in the last 15 minutes or so of this season.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby tecs » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:03 pm

Cease wrote:Did they mention that there are 10 hours left at the end of the show? That would make this a "34," no? I could have sworn this 24 started at like 8AM...

If there are 10 hrs. left, they are going to attempt to give viewers a grand finale and sew up all of the loose ends for the show's characters. Who am I kidding? Jack is the only one that really needs resolution. It's going to get very soap-opera in those last hours, folks.

This year's storyline begins and ends at 4:00pm.

Which, come to think of it, was the most original idea the writer's brought to the show this year.
tecs

Favorite Player: Josh Tomlin
Least Favorite Player: Brandon Phillips

Unread postby Cease » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:15 pm

tecs wrote:
Cease wrote:Did they mention that there are 10 hours left at the end of the show? That would make this a "34," no? I could have sworn this 24 started at like 8AM...

This year's storyline begins and ends at 4:00pm.

Which, come to think of it, was the most original idea the writer's brought to the show this year.

My bad. I thought they started this year in the AM w/ scenes from Jack's apartment. Did start at 4PM.
Cease

Unread postby pup » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:33 pm

I like it. Jack saves the world at the conclusion of 24.

Hours 25 and 26 for the movie? Jack gets marries, settles down and right after the honeymoon he gets blasted.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Guest » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:03 pm

I was real close to quitting writing about this stupid assed show after tonight.

Disgusting that they'd try to pass off American soldiers attacking law enforcement agents.

Unread postby BroncoFan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:52 pm

This season sucks really really bad, and I am now glad this show is going off the air. The only thing that can save the season is gratuitous Renee nudity, very very soon and often.
BroncoFan

Favorite Player: John Elway
Least Favorite Player: Phillip Rivers

Unread postby jerryroche » Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:32 am

How about a spin-off? "Renee Walker, Secret Agent" Maybe put it on one of the premium cable channels where we can see some gratuitous nudity.
jerryroche

Favorite Player: Ol' No.32
Least Favorite Player: Black & gold

Unread postby radiantcar » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:38 pm

I have a feeling I may be alone in this, but I'm actually getting to like this season. BubbaHastings has grown on me; I actually felt something when Jack found the president with his throat cut; Arlo's going to come through with something, I can just feel it; Logan's coming back. As usual, the second half of the season has kicked into a completely new energy, and I'm kinda diggin' it. (I had actually forgotten all about the fake cop that had infiltrated the police protecting the president's car until I saw some photos from episode 3 today. And, I guess Kim and her baby gave up waiting for Jack at the airport, huh?) Anyway, it's beginning to feel like the show will not end on a complete sucky low, but might actually go out in style. Just sayin'.
radiantcar

Unread postby mitch » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:40 pm

Well, there will be no recap this week.

The basketball game meant that I couldn't watch it until last evening, then I got news of a death in the family (an elderly aunt), that requires me to make a quick trip up to central Ohio, so all of that just shot in the ass all the time I had available to write this all up.

I found the entire episode a gigantic bore right up until the last few minutes, so it's not like I would have had a great deal to say about it.

I'll touch upon all of the 6 - 8 AM shenanigans at the front end of next week's recap.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby radiantcar » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:09 pm

So very sorry for your loss, Mitch. My sympathies to you and your family.
radiantcar

Unread postby idoctribefan » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:50 am

Sexual intercourse 20 minutes after finding a man whose throat has recently been slit? REALLY?
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:41 am

idoctribefan wrote:Sexual intercourse 20 minutes after finding a man whose throat has recently been slit? REALLY?

I dunno..... did you see how tight Renee's sweater was?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:38 pm

idoctribefan wrote:Sexual intercourse 20 minutes after finding a man whose throat has recently been slit? REALLY?

Shit. Only been about 5 hours since she stabbed a man in the eye after almost being sexually assaulted.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby BroncoFan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:01 am

NOOOOO!!

RIP Renee

Now what is the point in watching this show? It was inevitable of course but still.....
BroncoFan

Favorite Player: John Elway
Least Favorite Player: Phillip Rivers

Unread postby davemanddd » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:45 am

i wonder if they can do for renee what they did for tony almeida and bring her back to life somehow??? she sure didn't seem to be in surgery very long.

i still don't see why the writers had to kill her off just when jack was seemingly about to find someone in his life again for the first time since audrey raines.
dave . . .
davemanddd

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture