Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Problems with Hi Def

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Problems with Hi Def

Unread postby dem425 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:35 pm

I just recently switched from Time Warner Cable (after 15 years) to ATT U-Verse. The biggest reason I switched was the constant "pixellation" (don't know if this is the proper term) on High Def channels. When watching some Hi-Def channels the picture would suddenly burst into tiny squares and screw the sound up. Didn't happen all the time but enough to first become annoying and then unwatchable.

Time Warner came out four times including a re-wire and could not fix it. The last time I called the CSR told me I had to "live with it". Two days later, I switched to U-Verse. It has been okay for 7 weeks till last night I noticed a short pixellation on a Hi-Def channel.

Anybody else experiencing this with their cable company or satellite service?

Also, if you know the problem, how do you fix it?
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Re: Problems with Hi Def

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:07 pm

dem425 wrote:I just recently switched from Time Warner Cable (after 15 years) to ATT U-Verse. The biggest reason I switched was the constant "pixellation" (don't know if this is the proper term) on High Def channels. When watching some Hi-Def channels the picture would suddenly burst into tiny squares and screw the sound up. Didn't happen all the time but enough to first become annoying and then unwatchable.

Time Warner came out four times including a re-wire and could not fix it. The last time I called the CSR told me I had to "live with it". Two days later, I switched to U-Verse. It has been okay for 7 weeks till last night I noticed a short pixellation on a Hi-Def channel.

Anybody else experiencing this with their cable company or satellite service?

Also, if you know the problem, how do you fix it?

Yep. Depends on the chanel for me. In some cases, I can't even get the channels. It is worst on the 3 big networks.. I have Armstrong, a small propvider in the state of Y-Town (as SV used to call it) . I've called quite a few times and get a polite kiss off as well.

I HATE the fact that after all these years of infrastructure geing in place that there is NO COMPETITION decades now after "deregulation" (of price only ) .
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:25 pm

JB wrote:
I HATE the fact that after all these years of infrastructure geing in place that there is NO COMPETITION decades now after "deregulation" (of price only ) .

No shit man, I have had more trouble with Comcast than I even care to divulge. Its just amazing that there is no competition in most of the country with this crap. I would do anything to be able to get Directv where I live because when it comes to customer service they are significantly better than anyone else.... but that isnt saying much.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Lebowski » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:54 pm

I don't have that exact problem too often.

What I get is a screw-up with the movement on the screen. During a football game, for instance, the players' movements will be disjointed. Kinda like a quick-twitch stop-and-go, for the lack of a better explanation.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby hebner20 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:38 pm

Lebowski wrote:I don't have that exact problem too often.

What I get is a screw-up with the movement on the screen. During a football game, for instance, the players' movements will be disjointed. Kinda like a quick-twitch stop-and-go, for the lack of a better explanation.

Dude,

Don't sweat it. You were watching the Indians and they cut to a shot of the dugout and you saw Eric Wedge. He does that all the time but he was fired so you won't have that problem anymore. It's all good. Glad I could help. :salute:
hebner20

Favorite Player: shoeless joe
Least Favorite Player: Barry Bonds

Unread postby jb » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:59 am

Lebowski wrote:I don't have that exact problem too often.

What I get is a screw-up with the movement on the screen. During a football game, for instance, the players' movements will be disjointed.

It stops after the Browns' games, right?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture