Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Mad Men season 3

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Mad Men season 3

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:42 am

I have to say the 2 things that I have had a "feeling" about since the first 4-5 episodes of this show were that Don would end up going out on his own in some way and that he would have at least a quick roll in the sack with Joan.

I thought the arrival of Peggy in this last episode was epic. She is now an equal, not kid of is, or is heading toward that point, she is.

If/when Don gets something going with Joan does that sever the relationship with him and Roger, I can picture Roger not being happy about that at all.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:03 pm

FUDU wrote:I have to say the 2 things that I have had a "feeling" about since the first 4-5 episodes of this show were that Don would end up going out on his own in some way and that he would have at least a quick roll in the sack with Joan.

I thought the arrival of Peggy in this last episode was epic. She is now an equal, not kid of is, or is heading toward that point, she is.

If/when Don gets something going with Joan does that sever the relationship with him and Roger, I can picture Roger not being happy about that at all.

Caveat: I never subscribed to HBO, so I missed so much great small screen stuff over the years. But that was the single best episode of a TV show that I have ever seen.

Nothing short of amazing in all phases.

Does Betty stay on the show next season, or is she phased out? Is there a next season?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:09 pm

JB wrote:
FUDU wrote:I have to say the 2 things that I have had a "feeling" about since the first 4-5 episodes of this show were that Don would end up going out on his own in some way and that he would have at least a quick roll in the sack with Joan.

Caveat: I never subscribed to HBO, so I missed so much great small screen stuff over the years. But that was the single best episode of a TV show that I have ever seen.

Does Betty stay on the show next season, or is she phased out? Is there a next season?

Has to be a next season. They haven't had a Luke & Laura wedding moment yet. No way this things fades out with so many journeys not reaching their fulfillment. Even if just for the sake of only the Draper character.

FUDU

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:40 pm

JB wrote:

Season 4 was announced during last night's show to begin next Summer.

I'm pretty sure Betty will be back. And I think she'll find that being doted on by boring Henry may not be all that she thought it would be, and she'll come crawling back to Don. (assuming I'm not right on my first prediction; that she and Henry marry, and he kicks the bucket half-way through the season).

Unread postby jack_tors » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 pm

Mitch wrote:
JB wrote:

Season 4 was announced during last night's show to begin next Summer.

I'm pretty sure Betty will be back. And I think she'll find that being doted on by boring Henry may not be all that she thought it would be, and she'll come crawling back to Don. (assuming I'm not right on my first prediction; that she and Henry marry, and he kicks the bucket half-way through the season).

Totally agree with you, Mitch. I think she will come crawling back to Don one way or another. They kinda hinted at it with the scenes of breaking the news to the children and when Don called Betty from the new "office". You could kinda see her getting emotional and having the look of "am I doing the right thing?". Only question is, who will Don be at that time, the guy who wants to really try at having a family or the guy who is nailing all the tail he can get?

The must have more Joan in season 4. Thats my only criticism of this season. They made her character one of the best on the show without giving her the screen time she deserved.

I love this new agency angle and the fact that the rift was healed (if only temporary) between Don and Roger. Those 2 interact well and Sterling is a great character with many, many layers.

Go away Duck, please, go away.

I also think JB is spot on, this is one of the best episodes of any tv show I have ever seen just further cements the quality of this program. Its storylines are so layered and extend through all seasons. I love these types of shows..

Also, ending the season with a song from the Big O is always a high note...
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Unread postby jb » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:05 pm

jack_tors wrote:I'm pretty sure Betty will be back. And I think she'll find that being doted on by boring Henry may not be all that she thought it would be, and she'll come crawling back to Don.

Never underestimate the capacity of a delusional jilted woman to live out her delusions.

Not that I speak from experience or anything.

'sayin'
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:24 am

You know Betty has yet to say she'll marry this guy right?

If I'm right on that then I don't think she marries him, leaving him a bit broken and leaving her self plenty of options.

Think for second, we all kind of think/hope Don might get some of Joan at some point, no way that sits well with Roj....and remember Roj and Betty in the kitchen in season 1 IIRC, Don was a bit pissed at that, at both of them.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 15, 2010 3:09 pm

jb

Unread postby Guest » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:12 pm