Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Classic Rockers....

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Classic Rockers....

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:18 pm

I remember buying their cassette the first time I heard this tune....I dunno, 20 years ago???

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... id=3113292

The cassette was probably wore out long ago,I forgotten it until today, and stumbled on the song today on the web.....Paul Rodgers, Jimmy Page.....The Firm.

What a great sound...sort of a Bad Co and Zeppelin rolled into one.... :yessss:

Thought I'd see who else remembered or got into it..
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."Holy Shit, what a f'in ride!"
The Tribe Zone

Favorite Player: Mattingly
Least Favorite Player: Canseco

Re: Classic Rockers....

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:22 am

Thanks for not posting "Radioactive"

Not a bad band but not the greatest either. They made music that was more commercial than I'd have expected from Page and Rogers (at the time). I would have liked to see them really take it to a different level considering that they were going to be a "2 album band". At times they sounded like Bad Co. light w/ Page on guitar. I own the vinyl but really have no desire to throw it on the turntable anytime soon
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby jb » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:33 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Thanks for not posting "Radioactive"

Not a bad band but not the greatest either. They made music that was more commercial than I'd have expected from Page and Rogers (at the time). I would have liked to see them really take it to a different level considering that they were going to be a "2 album band". At times they sounded like Bad Co. light w/ Page on guitar. I own the vinyl but really have no desire to throw it on the turntable anytime soon

Can we have a "white shadow" thread?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby The Tribe Zone » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:02 am

Larvell Blanks wrote:Thanks for not posting "Radioactive"

LB...my thoughts exactly......Would have thought they could turn out more tunes at the level of Satisfaction Guaranteed......Thats a good tune bro.

Oh...Radioactive sucked.
SMF Tribe

Testing a new toy

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting..."Holy Shit, what a f'in ride!"
The Tribe Zone

Favorite Player: Mattingly
Least Favorite Player: Canseco

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:02 am

JB wrote:Can we have a "white shadow" thread?

If you start it, they will come
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture