Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

GI Joe?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

GI Joe?

Unread postby mswerb » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Anyone see this over the weekend? I need to know if this is worth seeing.
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Re: GI Joe?

Unread postby mswerb » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:37 pm

WTF? Hasn't anyone seen this yet?
mswerb
Carolina Junkie

Favorite Player: MJ
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from DOOK

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:46 pm

I didn't want to see it, in between the nasauting use of the edited version of Kid Rock's "American Badass" being used in every commercial break, combined with the fact that they made a "real american hero" into an international thing sort of turned me off of it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gi_joe/ ... =creamcrop

Also, Anyone else miss "The Crystal Ball"? :(.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:25 am

It looks like one of the worst movies ever made. Only reason it was #1 last week is because it had zero competition. If you wanted to go to the movies you had to either watch GI Joe or Julie & Julia. One straight-up action movie and one straight-up chick flick; not surprising who won.
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:10 am

Triple-S wrote:I didn't want to see it, in between the nasauting use of the edited version of Kid Rock's "American Badass" being used in every commercial break

This ^
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby Mr. MacPhisto » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:43 am

Triple-S wrote:I didn't want to see it, in between the nasauting use of the edited version of Kid Rock's "American Badass" being used in every commercial break, combined with the fact that they made a "real american hero" into an international thing sort of turned me off of it.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gi_joe/ ... =creamcrop

Also, Anyone else miss "The Crystal Ball"? :(.

Yes, definitely miss Mitch's weekly article.

And agree wholeheartedly about them going away from the real American hero bit. That was in the theme song and also the subtitle for the show and the toys.

The only thing international was COBRA. Destro was a Scottish chieftain of some kind (without the Scottish brogue) and the Baroness was some European elitist.
Mr. MacPhisto
Troll

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:46 pm

Awful. Do not pay to see this shitbomb. They ruined everything. They made both Snakeyes and Storm Shadow beyond lame.

Another piece of my childhood fucked for a profit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jfiling » Sat Aug 15, 2009 6:27 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Awful. Do not pay to see this shitbomb. They ruined everything. They made both Snakeyes and Storm Shadow beyond lame.

That sucks big time. All that the assclowns in charge of this movie had to do was hire Larry Hama to oversee the script and they could have made just as much money without puking all over what made GI Joe great. Instead it sounds like a huge pile of FAIL, and I couldnt be paid enough to watch it.

EDIT: Well shut my mouth, I guess he approved of what was done. Or else was paid well to talk nice about the movie.

jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby jack_tors » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:54 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Awful. Do not pay to see this shitbomb. They ruined everything. They made both Snakeyes and Storm Shadow beyond lame.

I agree, went with the father in law and just wished for the ending of the movie from the open line. So many lame cliche lines and ridiculous CGI in the film. Plus, I dont mind violence but thats all this movie was and it strayed from the GI Joe I remember.

There was some potential in this film with the stories of how Baroness, Cobra Commander, and Destro came to be but it was just kinda glossed over. Overall, this was really just a waste of time and it would have been better to watch Rachel Nichols run a the treadmill for 2 hours. :clap:
“Baseball is like church. Many attend but few understand.”- Wes Westrum

"The future is like a Japanese game show, we have no idea whats going on." - Tracy Jordan

"Gentlemen, Chicolini here may talk like an idiot and look like an idiot, but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot."
-Rufus T. Firefly
jack_tors

Favorite Player: Mike Modano
Least Favorite Player: LeChoke James

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture